1 day ban,why? Because of "FearRP"
Your name: IAmLegend

Your ban ID: (Number of the ban, this could be 2779 for example)
Banned by: (Admin that banned you)
Tim

Server: (From which of our servers have you been banned? rp_EvoCity v2d or v33x?)
V2d

Why we should unban you:

I was on the left hand side of the road, admittely driving slowly..on the wrong side of the road.
I saw a cop car and stopped.
The cop car rammed me to try and move me out of the way.

2 things wrong there:
Why would you ram a car to move it? Damage bodywork etc
Didn't ask me to move.

So,as they had already scuffed my bumper I pushed them back.
They drove off.
Next thing wrong:
A citizen just hit your car, you just drive away?

I then turned around, and followed them. They stopped.

I said "watch where your going, or you'll regret it".

They hop out and point guns.
"Is that a threat?"
"Damn right"

I drive away.Now here is the sticky part:
They have guns at me, however all we did was hit cars, would they use them in real life? NO.
Would someone be scared to drive off in real life if they had to escape? NO.

So why would I be scared of 2 cops,who can't legally/good rp style shoot me? I wouldn't.

I quote the rule:
"15. Fear RP applies under gunpoint. You can't attack a person who has a gun pointed at you, you must roleplay being afraid of the gun as your character only has one (1) life. "

I did not attack, I waited till they wasn't in front of my car.
Sure, I was scared of the gun, or else why didn't I just step out and crowbar them to death/shoot them? How did he know I didn't have bullet proof windows? It's a 1mill $ car, gonna have some safety features.

So,you see my problem with this? I act as someone would in real life, my window was rolled up, I wasn't scared of some cop who couldn't use his gun on me.

I'll also add, The admin did not warn me, did not discuss. Just said fear rp after I spoke to him,and BAM.24 hr ban,no warning? No kick? Never had I been warned by him.

So thanks for reading,hope you see my point. As little ban as it is, morally and factually I feel it is wrong.

Hmm I'd like to hear Tim's opinion in this.

From my point the ban seems invalid.
(03-22-2012, 09:42 PM)Jacob1029 Wrote: my window was rolled up, I wasn't scared of some cop who couldn't use his gun on me.

Car windows don't stop bullets.
Well why would an officer use a pistol against somebody who's driving in the wrong side and says captain smart lines? Would be bad RP to shoot him even if he's driving away. It's also very weird that Timanator doesn't really tell IamLegend anything. Just bans.
Killjoy I'll accept your point,but in rp how did he know it wasn't bullet proof? However It's a minor point in my post.
You are failing to say the whole story. I told you to step out, you refused, you stated the very rule which you directly broke, it is un conditional. Nowhere does it say that rule does not apply to cops etc.
[Image: 352kv3n.png]
Thanks for the sig dry ^_^
But why would you shoot me for hitting your car ? You wouldn't,so why would I be scared?

I dislike the way the rules can be bent to go in your favour because not couldn't be bothered for a small chase and then some mentally unstable man rp as planned.

I act as I would in real life,I thought this is what rp was all about.
I dont think Fear RP should apply if you think you have a pretty good chance of getting away with it.

Say your IG Character is an Ex-Marine, Your going to have a pretty good chance of tackleing a mugger with a knife.

Just like if your in a Car, You doubt the Cop is going to fire and you think you can get away before they get a shot off.

Fear RP needs to be a little bit flexible. I think the punishment for breaking FearRP should be that you loose the gun fight IG.

For Example,
If someone has a hostage at gunpoint, they run off. Shoot them, Kill them, Tranq them, They deserved it for running off. This is exactly what would happen in real life.

With our current rules unfortunatly, You broke Fear RP and was banned for it.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
Thanks for reading then and commenting. I hope this issue gets addressed , I guess this can be closed.
I have been banned for 1 day too, because rules are inconsistent for this server.

In the rules on forums it says:
Quote:8. Do not raid the president just to earn money or because you don't like speed limits or high taxes. Get good reasons first.

But in the Guide I read right after reading rules (I wanted to RP properly) on forums I read:

Quote:Taxes
Taxes are now a huge part of the server, when a player becomes a president he will usually
set the tax as his first job. Taxes are set to Low, Medium or high depending on the amount, if
the amount is high for example 25+ this gives players an RP opportunity to Protest or to have a
meeting with the president, If the taxes cause you a serious problem then take matters to your
own hands.

I got banned for president Raid for taxes, when I clearly see in guide that I CAN TAKE MATTERS to my own hands. It also doesn't specify what I can do, and what should be done.
Remove guide, because this causes so much inconsistency in server rules. How do I know that this rule on forums is not as old, or even older than guide?

This is not a fair ban at all. I think I will find more of those "flowers" in both guide and forum rules. This inconsistency caused me to raid a president, because I did not knew WHICH rule is correct. Yes, forum rules seem to be updated, because guide date is quite old, but how the hell I am supposed to know if 8th rule is not as old or even older than the guide?

I am starting to feel that server is for admins, not for people.