Warning: Possible Threats?
Would it be possible for server hosts to implement a auto-downloaded key logger?

So clients who join the server and download all the files get a key logger too ?

I think this could be a big threat but I don't know if it is possible.

its very much possible

thats why i monitor all downloads i get via servers

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
Oh god.
FUMUKU
WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO FEARLESS RP

UNBAN BLACKDOG
Great, they should make Garry's Mod AntiVirus software. I feel so vulnerable now that i know this
On Bhop servers, there is a spectator mode that allows you to see the player you are spectating keys he pushes. I personally don't play Bhop, but I found a thread about it.
(03-22-2012, 11:28 AM)FuttBucker24 Wrote: On Bhop servers, there is a spectator mode that allows you to see the player you are spectating keys he pushes. I personally don't play Bhop, but I found a thread about it.

Those are only the keys SENT to the server. It's the same in Sassilization Deathrun. It doesn't transmit anything out of it. If you ALT+Tab, it wouldn't know either.

@Nevinator -- It is possible, but unless it's a .exe, it won't be able to get anything unless GMod is open.

Even still, such cases are rare. Don't feel vulnerable.

In real life, you can be robbed anywhere. More places it's just more likely than others.

Be smart.
Well if you decide to randomly press the keys corresponding to your credit card information in game, it's very possible.
The following 1 user Likes Officer Donut's post:
  • Lani
lol, some people would fall for a 'in game donator system' where it actually is a scam..
FUMUKU
WAS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO FEARLESS RP

UNBAN BLACKDOG
Paranoia 101 over here. Not really worried about key loggers as I do not keep important info on my desktop. I also use norton to auto fill my passwords.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
the only thing people would get out of keylogging me is My WoW password and they cant acces shit since i have a code authenticator so im not worried.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

The following 1 user Likes Foxy The Pirate's post:
  • Prod