[Guide] Basic Police RP Guide
Heads up,
This one's dedicated to all the fail-cops out there.

Step 1:
Change your class to Police Officer/Sergeant

Step 2:
Reload your weapon and select Hands/keys. Do not run around with your weapon out, even if its lowered.

Step 3:

Use your radio. Report in, ask whats going on, ask for any keypad codes, request orders.

IF YOU'RE TOLD TO GUARD NEXUS:
If there isn't a desk ready, don't start building one yourself without permission from your Sergeant or the President. If there's currently no President, it means default laws apply, thus GOING BEHIND NEXUS DESK OR ENTERING GARAGE FOR NON-GOVERNMENTS IS STILL ILLEGAL. People will try to claim otherwise, but don't get distracted. If somebody shows up at the desk, say Hello, ask him if he needs anything. If starts hitting random buttons on the keypad or tries to climb the desk or goes behind the desk - use the policing procedure written at the bottom of the page.

IF YOU'RE TOLD TO GO ON PATROL:
It's always better to go on patrols in pairs. Ask for somebody to pair up with you, get a vehicle (preferably a Police car,) And drive around. No need to drive fast or pass red lights. Patrols are about keeping your eyes open for anything out of place. See something odd? Investigate. "Good afternoon, EvoCity Police. Please open up/step out of the car/something else for a minute." Report in using your radio, so if you get shot, people will know where was your last location and who were you dealing with. If you're called for backup while on patrol, be sure to tell your teammates that you're on your way using the radio. Discover something illegal? Use the policing procedure written at the bottom of the page.

IF YOUR SUPERIORS AREN'T RESPONDING ON THE RADIO:

This is simple. Call for an admin. Nothing else you can do, if no admins are online, then get evidence of the person in question not doing his job and post it on the forums.

IF YOU'RE ALONE:
Try to recruit others to join the force, but be careful where you go and who you run into. Lots of rebels/corleones/criminals will find it hilarious to bully the lone cop.

POLICING PROCEDURE:

Unarmed violator: If the violation is light, you can simply warn him. If he continues - taze him. If he still won't obey - get an arrest warrant.

Armed violator
: Pull out your weapon, keep him in your sights and YELL commands, such as "POLICE! GET DOWN ON THE GROUND! DO IT!" I suggest making a bind for that. If the violator aims his weapon at you or fires it, you're clear to shoot him.

Escaping violator:
Keep this in mind: hot pursuits are very rare in the real world. Most police institutions in the world have a simple policy for the high speed runaway drivers: Try to follow, but keep a safe distance and speed - we will get him sooner or later. You will get retards driving sports-cars whining in OOC that you should get in pursuit (so they could play tag with you, waste everyone's time and CDM a few people while they're at it.)
If the violator is making an escape and he's getting away - you're too far behind to catch up, then you can warn him by saying some thing like "POLICE! STOP OR I WILL SHOOT!" (make a bind of that,) fire a warning shot and if he still doesn't react - shoot him. This should be used as a last resort, because just like in real life - police shootings are looked into to avoid trigger-happy maniacs abusing their position.

Questions?
Thank you for posting this Killjoy. It seems that only I and a few others have understood that THIS is the way it should be done Smile
The following 1 user Likes Skaara Dreadlocks's post:
  • filips2
Your welcome for the idea Smile
The following 1 user Likes Kenny's post:
  • filips2
Thanks for that I can now look back at this so I dont accidentally shoot a guy to death when he is in his car 1 shot not 3 like I would usually
Also Storm's mom is a hottie and Andreas and King Guami do her all day every day. -In memory of the biggest Troll Thread in FL history
I think you mean Taser KillJoy.
I made this thread on 10-30-2010. Things were different back then Wink Anyways, changed it.
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • Floodify
(04-10-2011, 03:47 PM)furlings Wrote: I think you mean Taser KillJoy.
Whatever, You've got the point, haha :p.

Nice guide Killjoy!
Quote:police shootings are looked into to avoid trigger-happy retards abusing their position.

Questions?

I got a question:

What about this scenario. Me and my mates were just releasing a hostage cause he paid us 700 $. He was walking to the elevator and a cop came out of nowhere.
We asked him what was wrong and he didn't even respond. He just shot us without a warning. We had no guns in our hands for this entire time + we weren't wanted or anything.
I feel this is a case of failrp, but I'd like to be sure Smile
(04-13-2011, 08:30 AM)Denied Wrote: What about this scenario. Me and my mates were just releasing a hostage cause he paid us 700 $. He was walking to the elevator and a cop came out of nowhere.
We asked him what was wrong and he didn't even respond. He just shot us without a warning. We had no guns in our hands for this entire time + we weren't wanted or anything.
I feel this is a case of failrp, but I'd like to be sure Smile

Indeed. The cop can ONLY shoot when either the criminals have guns out + pointed at someone, or if they've come under fire. Else they have to arrest them Smile
You know what really sucks? Is that PEOPLE CANT RP A TRAFFIC STOP. You put the siren on and what happens? They drive off, it is HORRIBLE RP and it just makes me so mad. Thats all I want to do is patrol, thats it.