[Tools/Commands] How To: Fading Door
This thread is being created with the purpose of grouping tons of tutorials for the players of FL to use on the server, Special thanks to worldwidecoffee who came up with this idea and will also be adding video tutorials as well.

You may also request new tutorials threw this thread!

TUT: Fading Door Tool

Fading doors are one of the most used tools on the fearless server, but sadly a lot of people seem to have problems getting them to work this tutorial will show you the proper way to setup a fading door.

Step 1

Spawn your prop that you will be using to create your fading door, in this case i will use a plain simple door, but you can use an prop of your choosing so long as it follows the servers rules.

[Image: 3A983CBC4412578C8114B56335883F0FE717227F]

Step 2

Hold the Q key on your keyboard and select the Fading Door Tool and make sure you assign it a button on your numpad!

[Image: 9D64FC29D2D1A95A87E44BD6F5A12ECA65B34FDC]

Step 3

With the tool selected shoot it ONCE at your prop

[Image: E42BAE38BEA1913F29DB53F26494964549EF4FFC]

Step 4

Hold Q and select your Keypad (or button) tool, and while still holding Q on the right side make sure you have ALL 3 options checked (Secure mode, Weld keypad, Freeze keypad).

Then click in the space that is provided for the password area (you may now release the Q key) and enter a 1-4 digit NUMBER password.

Then at the bottom on the Access -Granted- numpad set it to the number you selected in step 1

Finally where it says "Keypad -Granted- hold length" set that to 3 or higher.

(if the Q menu remains click on any gray part of it it tap Q once)

[Image: 4413D663BBBE15545E20EE8660D942F5E254DDAC]

Step 5

Now with all the hard stuff done all you have todo is select a area to place the key pad, find a good spot and left click and the key pad will appear.

test the keypad by enter the password you set and hitting ok, if everything works the door will fade for about 3 seconds before appearing again.

[Image: 8841A7D174D9D02BEF9FD655246A5AD540913B2E]
[Image: F4D8706F9BDAC34A06F38738E11B2FFF3199110E]
[Image: 074FD5621E7F84AFB23E3817A9BF50A7BEE53EAB]

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
The following 2 users Like Nadrick's post:
  • The_Alpha_Dog, Adman
Beautiful, I'll be making a video Guide tommorow.
[Image: IMG]

Beflok is my idol

Nice nadrick, this would have been useful before I asked people to teach me how to use this. Very nice guide for the newbies. Cheese
Respectfully,

Hooter
thanks Smile

While you may not wear my teams color, we still bear the same dogtags, for we are the underdogs.
The following 1 user Likes Nadrick's post:
  • FuttBucker24
Nice one nad, I thought about doing an extensive video tutorial of the Easy precistion tool
(01-28-2012, 04:21 PM)GunFISH Wrote: Nice one nad, I thought about doing an extensive video tutorial of the Easy precistion tool

i say do it, wanna stuff this thread with a ton of tutorials Cheese

Copied to guides.
[Image: Force_Ghost_Signature2.jpg]
I would like a hydraulics guide, I don't really get it and would like something else rather than just fading doors to make barricades and checkpoints Nervous
The following 1 user Likes ZeroSupport's post:
  • equal
(02-20-2012, 08:53 PM)ZeroSupport Wrote: I would like a hydraulics guide, I don't really get it and would like something else rather than just fading doors to make barricades and checkpoints Nervous

when the servers back, ill make one

Yeah make an Easy Precision tool guide, i know a little about it, but not the more Advanced stuff.
The following 1 user Likes Dubwub's post:
  • ForceGhost