The Pulse: Community Catch Up | 2WC 13 Nov
EDIT:

Somewhat quiet, but also not nothing as previously stated.

The basics for the bank system were implemented and work has started on the item transfer menu to allow players to interact with the bank and other inventories. All items are now converted to the new inventory system and automatically stored in the players bank on join. We've also adjusted the player's inventory size as you no longer have to carry around everything with you at once.

The system we use for displaying commit data counts the past two weeks since the last pulse. The bank system was rebased onto the inventory branch, which changed all of its timestamps to be today rather than when it actually happened. This means the past two weeks technically show up as having nothing done, and the commits will instead show up in the next pulse. We'll try to avoid this happening again in the future.

Thank you for reading The Pulse.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 4 users Like Doctor Internet's post:
  • Vimpto, Pollux, Equinox, RedPanda
It shows nothing for me, I was gonna return for a nostalgia kick but everywhere seems to have shut down? Someone fill me in on what’s happening here please
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]
(11-28-2023, 12:06 AM)Doctor Internet Wrote: Here's a list of what we've done:

Great job Well done Wink

Thank you for reading The Pulse.
Seems like a promising future for FearlessRP.
I forgot to commit things yesterday and instead rebased the bank system onto the main inventory branch earlier today. This changed all the timestamps to be today instead of when that work was actually done, which means the pulse script shows nothing being done in the past two weeks when this isn't actually true. I've updated the post to better reflect this, and it'll all instead show up in the next pulse. Apologies for the confusion.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(11-28-2023, 08:02 AM)Vimpto Wrote: It shows nothing for me, I was gonna return for a nostalgia kick but everywhere seems to have shut down? Someone fill me in on what’s happening here please
They've shutdown the game mode and server for a while whilst they improve systems and remake the game mode. So hang in there
The following 1 user Likes Pooples's post:
  • Vimpto
(11-28-2023, 07:02 PM)Pooples Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 08:02 AM)Vimpto Wrote: It shows nothing for me, I was gonna return for a nostalgia kick but everywhere seems to have shut down? Someone fill me in on what’s happening here please
They've shutdown the game mode and server for a while whilst they improve systems and remake the game mode. So hang in there
Is there a time frame?
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]
(11-29-2023, 06:34 AM)Vimpto Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 07:02 PM)Pooples Wrote:
Is there a time frame?

No
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I didn't want to make a post like this but considering it's been a year since FL's closure with little to no acknowledge I thought it was time.

I thought it was a good idea to bring FL down for a while to get people to get that itch to play FL again, rather than it be constantly up and dead, but a year is a stupid amount of time. It has gone too far now, to the point that people have finally survived the withdrawal they may have had for FL, and are now ready to move on from FL as a whole. I always thought splitting it between 3 people was stupid in terms of ownership. I get the impression that none of you ever want to sell and that FL will die with you, but why? You want to own the server, only for it to close or die on your terms? If you really cared about the server you would give it to someone who would actively look after it at this point.

I genuinely don't care who owns it now, I'd rather have someone I dislike own it, than have it dead in the ground. If you kept the server up regardless of its failure, I wouldn't be saying what I am now - even if you weren't making updates for it and leaving it up. Unfortunately, it's gotten to a laughable point now. I like you all independently outside of FL, but please just give it up at this point, or give us something more than a 'pulse thread', which uses terminology the majority of us don't understand or won't even bother to read - As long as it's upfront with the player base.

It's the worst kept secret that nothing substantial has been done to resurrect the server over a long period of time for the last year. The constant need to be in a position of power for a GMod server is addictive and I understand, but just do what I did and let it go. I know I can't preach, as I wasn't the best owner ever, but it's sad to see FL in the state its currently in. Not everything I've said is aimed at each 'Manager' as a whole, there are bits that are aimed independently here and there and I can only imagine the aggravating it is to share a community. When I was in talks with Conn about transferring ownership it was suggested that I stay and it be split, but that was something I could not handle nor see as a good idea.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 13 users Like Divey's post:
  • Fultz, Lifesence, Jessixa, RaZZ, ART, Lewwings, Suarez, Ausverkauft, Narcotic, I_ARE_APPLE, Atlas, Kryptic, DreeBott
(12-04-2023, 04:05 PM)Divey Wrote: I didn't want to make a post like this but considering it's been a year since FL's closure with little to no acknowledge I thought it was time.

I thought it was a good idea to bring FL down for a while to get people to get that itch to play FL again, rather than it be constantly up and dead, but a year is a stupid amount of time. It has gone too far now, to the point that people have finally survived the withdrawal they may have had for FL, and are now ready to move on from FL as a whole. I always thought splitting it between 3 people was stupid in terms of ownership. I get the impression that none of you ever want to sell and that FL will die with you, but why? You want to own the server, only for it to close or die on your terms? If you really cared about the server you would give it to someone who would actively look after it at this point.

I genuinely don't care who owns it now, I'd rather have someone I dislike own it, than have it dead in the ground. If you kept the server up regardless of its failure, I wouldn't be saying what I am now - even if you weren't making updates for it and leaving it up. Unfortunately, it's gotten to a laughable point now. I like you all independently outside of FL, but please just give it up at this point, or give us something more than a 'pulse thread', which uses terminology the majority of us don't understand or won't even bother to read - As long as it's upfront with the player base.

It's the worst kept secret that nothing substantial has been done to resurrect the server over a long period of time for the last year. The constant need to be in a position of power for a GMod server is addictive and I understand, but just do what I did and let it go. I know I can't preach, as I wasn't the best owner ever, but it's sad to see FL in the state its currently in. Not everything I've said is aimed at each 'Manager' as a whole, there are bits that are aimed independently here and there and I can only imagine the aggravating it is to share a community. When I was in talks with Conn about transferring ownership it was suggested that I stay and it be split, but that was something I could not handle nor see as a good idea.

Who is left that would bring it back - like you said, almost everyone has moved on. A year with no server, almost no engagement, no real updates, is there anything to even take over now?
The following 1 user Likes Tails59's post:
  • Ausverkauft