Future of FL
This feels like a way to procrastinate more so than that having an actual action plan. A business taking a break with no real timeplan is just bad leadership, I must say. If this is supposed to be a serious change then the community deserves a timeplan and insight into the process.

Makes me sad to see how FL have turned out - but then again, had the people in charge made the right choices more than 7 years ago then we might of not ended up like this.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • RoCKy
(01-15-2023, 12:17 PM)Floodify Wrote: This feels like a way to procrastinate more so than that having an actual action plan. A business taking a break with no real timeplan is just bad leadership, I must say. If this is supposed to be a serious change then the community deserves a timeplan and insight into the process.

Makes me sad to see how FL have turned out - but then again, had the people in charge made the right choices more than 7 years ago then we might of not ended up like this.

This feels like a way to leave a comment trying to sound like you've got a hot take and know everything going on
[Image: cSmfz9P.png]
(01-15-2023, 02:33 PM)Kingstone Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 12:17 PM)Floodify Wrote: This feels like a way to procrastinate more so than that having an actual action plan. A business taking a break with no real timeplan is just bad leadership, I must say. If this is supposed to be a serious change then the community deserves a timeplan and insight into the process.

This feels like a way to leave a comment trying to sound like you've got a hot take and know everything going on

Then don't keep the community on a leash and let us in on an action plan and promise us a timeplan, so there's actually some incitament for all of this. If there's no real action plan or time plan and you shut down the servers, then you guys should probably revise the management. Saying you don't want to share anything because you can't estimate time is just a bad way of running a business (which FL is) and sounds like you don't know what you're doing..

In the end I belive that doing only updates won't solve FL's issues - the community need to adapt to the climate as well and branch out. I don't believe in "relaunches", as that's been the narrative for the last couple of years. But I'd be so happy to be proven wrong.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(01-15-2023, 11:48 AM)Yonno Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 03:48 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 03:16 PM)Yonno Wrote: It has been 7 weeks since this announcement, Conn has not logged in since December 26th. Is there going to be any form of update?

It's best to just forget about FL for a bit, we'll announce anything that happens here and on discord.

This has to be the one most worrying thing to have heard since the announcement. This is how you actively destroy a community.

Probably could've worded it better but things will take time. It will be quiet until a few key things are complete.

(01-15-2023, 03:35 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 02:33 PM)Kingstone Wrote:

Then don't keep the community on a leash and let us in on an action plan and promise us a timeplan, so there's actually some incitament for all of this. If there's no real action plan or time plan and you shut down the servers, then you guys should probably revise the management. Saying you don't want to share anything because you can't estimate time is just a bad way of running a business (which FL is) and sounds like you don't know what you're doing..

In the end I belive that doing only updates won't solve FL's issues - the community need to adapt to the climate as well and branch out. I don't believe in "relaunches", as that's been the narrative for the last couple of years. But I'd be so happy to be proven wrong.

FL isn't a job for myself or anyone here, it's a passion project that I'll work on in my free time. The only reason I'm doing this is because I believe it deserves a proper chance. We already have a general timeframe which we've shared but it's not possible to be more specific.

Changing management or owner or anything will change literally nothing unless they feel like throwing a lot of money on a dev team or feel like helping me code. 

I intend to just remain somewhat quiet and let what I'm working on speak for itself, I think that's the best approach given the situation and how long it's taking. I get if people feel passionate but hot takes like this which just don't understand how things work only frustrate those still trying.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-15-2023, 05:10 PM)Pollux Wrote: FL isn't a job for myself or anyone here, it's a passion project that I'll work on in my free time. The only reason I'm doing this is because I believe it deserves a proper chance. We already have a general timeframe which we've shared but it's not possible to be more specific.

Changing management or owner or anything will change literally nothing unless they feel like throwing a lot of money on a dev team or feel like helping me code. 

I intend to just remain somewhat quiet and let what I'm working on speak for itself, I think that's the best approach given the situation and how long it's taking. I get if people feel passionate but hot takes like this which just don't understand how things work only frustrate those still trying.

I guess this is PolluxRP confirmed? lol
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • Darkside
(01-15-2023, 06:22 PM)Yonno Wrote: I guess this is PolluxRP confirmed? lol

I think you're reading into it too much
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(01-15-2023, 01:32 AM)Haarek Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 02:39 PM)Rossi Wrote: It'll make this community turn gross and would definetly turn away more people.
I don't know if you haven't noticed - but there's no people to turn away
Although controversial - I admit - I am merely suggesting things that would most likely increase the player count.

And of course, there's a limit to everything.

My wording wasn’t phrased as past tense. Saying it’ll turn away people has to do with the future as well. 

“Merely suggesting things that would most likely increase the player count”

Allowing racism is not going to increase the player count. There is absolutely no limit to it. What kind of message does that send? It’s harassment that people use in character to try and get away with it. 

Suggest something that isn’t controversial. Focus on another suggestion perhaps.
The following 1 user Likes Rossi's post:
  • Joe Joe
[Image: Waiting-Memes-52918.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Doormat18
I was a fan of the coming change and I am still a fan. However - I must agree with others. It’s horrible that no announcement has been made for weeks. Its not about getting forward (if you are not getting forward right now). It’s about keeping the community alive and trying to have a ‚touch‘ to the players. FL can’t afford to lose even more interest and „hype“ - If you do not interact, keep the community updated, hyped, build up interest in the coming changes and such then the whole update you guys are working on is literally for almost nothing. Try to think of a better plan to just keep the community interested. Working on something and not being in touch with the community (in the sense of announcements, teaser trailers, etc) is very bad marketing.
[Image: WbmV7IO.mp4]
The following 1 user Likes RoCKy's post:
  • Doormat18