What happened to the server?
When the servers like this, Its funny to watch all these developers make their own masterplan, spend hours coding just for it to last 1 week 2 week and at the same time majority community calling you an idiot. FL still gives me some great laughs
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Awestruck
jesus its been a while.

shame to see it go down like this.
[Image: S5YZyrw.png]
The following 1 user Likes Hunterr's post:
  • ART
The entire mindset of players changed. 7 years ago, creative thinking used to be completely different and better than it is today.

People used to fight over government secretary role and were willing to stand half-afk in overpolished V2D Nexus dupe waiting to either become victim in a huge raid or waiting to schedule a meeting with president. Today it's sometimes too boring and painful to even join as police sergeant to kickstart the government.

It's a wonder how rival communities are even alive in Garry's mod in these days. Back in the days, Garry's mod used to be top of the art game. The Source physics engine was something innovative at a time, no games like that where you manipulate props to build your own bases and houses and later defend them while roleplaying as someone unique.

Today, we don't have these kind of games anymore. Compared to today's trending games, Garry's mod feels outdated and old, building dupes can almost like a chore for most of the part. The creativity has boiled and refined down to tasteless basics. Most games today are "click and play within minutes", where playing on Fearless takes hours. Initially building your dupe/base, then roleplaying for hours on end. Doesn't go along well with today's average attention span.

The number of people who play Garry's mod on daily basis might not have changed throughout the years, but people's attention span and non-existant creativity moved them from roleplaying servers onto either sandbox servers or gamemodes like TTT that require no props/building/creativity whatsoever and focus mostly on weapons and items (which describes any average 2016-2022 game).

Like I mentioned before, it's a wonder that other roleplaying communities on Garry's mod even exist today. I guess it would be smart to pay them a visit and see what's so innovative there that keeps players active, be a copycat of some sorts. And don't replace, but add. That way you keep both nostalgic players and new players happy.
~ Equinox ~
(10-05-2022, 01:07 PM)Equinox Wrote: The entire mindset of players changed. 7 years ago, creative thinking used to be completely different and better than it is today.

People used to fight over government secretary role and were willing to stand half-afk in overpolished V2D Nexus dupe waiting to either become victim in a huge raid or waiting to schedule a meeting with president. Today it's sometimes too boring and painful to even join as police sergeant to kickstart the government.

It's a wonder how rival communities are even alive in Garry's mod in these days. Back in the days, Garry's mod used to be top of the art game. The Source physics engine was something innovative at a time, no games like that where you manipulate props to build your own bases and houses and later defend them while roleplaying as someone unique.

Today, we don't have these kind of games anymore. Compared to today's trending games, Garry's mod feels outdated and old, building dupes can almost like a chore for most of the part. The creativity has boiled and refined down to tasteless basics. Most games today are "click and play within minutes", where playing on Fearless takes hours. Initially building your dupe/base, then roleplaying for hours on end. Doesn't go along well with today's average attention span.

The number of people who play Garry's mod on daily basis might not have changed throughout the years, but people's attention span and non-existant creativity moved them from roleplaying servers onto either sandbox servers or gamemodes like TTT that require no props/building/creativity whatsoever and focus mostly on weapons and items (which describes any average 2016-2022 game).

Like I mentioned before, it's a wonder that other roleplaying communities on Garry's mod even exist today. I guess it would be smart to pay them a visit and see what's so innovative there that keeps players active, be a copycat of some sorts. And don't replace, but add. That way you keep both nostalgic players and new players happy.
What do u mean people are nog creative anymore? The staff team just did the wrong things. Thats it dont blame it on the players. Why are there 15admins when the server is dead. That just makes no sense. New players join the server and see that 9/10 players are staff. Its litterly all the staff’s fault that this happend . Divey is a smart man sold it on the right time. Unfortunately Not to the right people. Since Conn is the owner all his “friends are in the staff”
It is hard to get motivated to roleplay, when you join and attempt but it's mostly people playing giant checkers, public building outside the Nexus.
(10-05-2022, 02:55 AM)Rossi Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 09:33 PM)Kingstone Wrote: It's the attention economy. People just wanna grind for dopamine of seeing numbers tick up. Nobody has patience to RP. In conclusion: Tiktok ruined FL!
(Joking)

However, I think that the dire situation we see right now does not have a single cause, nor does it have a single solution. The amount of posts in here indicates a high interest in the community. Why aren't we all on the server right now?

Yes, we could all join and have a server of around 20 people, and then do what?
  • Become the president that has no type of interaction or immersion? Just click "Become" on the F1 menu, put out laws and sit in an office all day?
  • Join the SRU that have heavy restricts on the rules page and basically states that they are Nexus guards and can't do anything. And the actual only "SWAT" Regulated job is also a donator only option, so most can't even enjoy it.
  • Become a police officer which just drive around since majority of the people are just standing around in circles, talking. There's no sort of police database or anything really immersion for police to do. 
  • Become a secretary which is about as boring as watching paint dry.
  • Join the fire department or paramedics which don't have much to do anymore and it's all just a waiting game. There is an NPC to get health from, health packs in the market, so paramedics are mainly useless unless someone is actually down.
  • Fire Fighters just pull up, put out the fire like nothing and leave. There isn't an advanced system to fight the fires or some sort of an investigation system to figure out how it started or anything.
  • Be a civilian to just stand around in a circle and talk to people? No one builds RP's anymore cause it's just plain boring make fake stores in today's age. It's time to add actual items so real shops can sell real items.
  • Become a truck driver in a small map? I don't think really any gmod map should have a truck driving job that feels like you're driving the span of the size of a neighborhood. 
  • Become a chauffeur which has absolutely no demand anymore, people prefer to walk and no chauffeur solicits their business anymore or anything.
  • Be a black market dealer that has had the same items to sell to the public ever since the game mode came out? 
  • Rebels and Corleone that have no gang progress? there isn't a gang store or just some sort of shared goal. There are times where the a good person who becomes the leader can make it fun, but rarely. 

All in all, the economy is terrible, all the jobs need a complete re work on how they operate to make them more fun. It's just all boring, even with a decent amount of players, cityrp just isn't played the same anymore.

I understand how it may seem that simple, KingStone, but I personally think the game mode needs serious changes to log on and have fun right away.

They can put RPG ranks for jobs to give more interests, nothing to loose.
https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?ti...#pid884584
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
The following 1 user Likes Generation's post:
  • Rossi
(10-05-2022, 01:37 PM)ART Wrote:
(10-05-2022, 01:07 PM)Equinox Wrote: - snip -
What do u mean people are nog creative anymore? The staff team just did the wrong things. Thats it dont blame it on the players. Why are there 15admins when the server is dead. That just makes no sense. New players join the server and see that 9/10 players are staff. Its litterly all the staff’s fault that this happend . Divey is a smart man sold it on the right time. Unfortunately Not to the right people. Since Conn is the owner all his “friends are in the staff”

How dare you assume that I like Conn
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Wolven, Pollux
Survey this and survey that.. Where?

You never published any survey results?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Nadrickk, ART
(10-05-2022, 10:36 PM)Haarek Wrote: Survey this and survey that.. Where?

we should do another. I love surveys and they always are productive.
(10-05-2022, 10:36 PM)Haarek Wrote: Survey this and survey that.. Where?

I asked for results the day they announced the survey. I heard nothing.