Regarding Recent Events
lol Joe to SA
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Tails
(09-07-2020, 04:50 PM)The Masked Wrote: TL : DR - Edned is SA, and Divey's not going active and is clearly making false promises to. I've heard so many times in the past that you would clear another way for Fearless but all it does is fall down.

"There has been a myth that I have been inactive from many members of the community and even some members of the team."
Is that what you call a myth? It's more of a fucking fact that I could shove right up your arse mate, you're talking bat shit crazy and saying you'll come on and then when you do, you mainly average around 10-20 minutes, less even when you can't be arsed and leave the other admins that are still new and not that well experienced to do all your dirty work.

It baffles me you spend more time writing down a thread the size of a fucking essay than just going on and showing something different. At least right now is that you're more smooth-talking people into biting into your bullshit. I know you're somewhat a leader of this community now and you won't be able to reach out to everyone, however, if you can fix that reputation you have going around and deal with the rumours in a way of improvement then I'll believe you. Right now I don't want your bullshit unless you're gonna do it.

-> Everyone asks Divey for response
-> Divey makes very detailed response
-> People bash on Divey for making response instead of doing stuff

Like come on guys, I have as much reason to hate Divey as the next guy here (maybe more as 2018 was a mess) but there's a difference between trying to be constructive and just trying to bash on people for no reason. This thread is a good response and much requested, lets see if anything comes from it. Bashing on it mindlessly because you just want to see FL die at this point is a bit counter-productive and leads nowhere.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(09-07-2020, 04:54 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 04:50 PM)The Masked Wrote: TL : DR - Edned is SA, and Divey's not going active and is clearly making false promises to. I've heard so many times in the past that you would clear another way for Fearless but all it does is fall down.

"There has been a myth that I have been inactive from many members of the community and even some members of the team."
Is that what you call a myth? It's more of a fucking fact that I could shove right up your arse mate, you're talking bat shit crazy and saying you'll come on and then when you do, you mainly average around 10-20 minutes, less even when you can't be arsed and leave the other admins that are still new and not that well experienced to do all your dirty work.

It baffles me you spend more time writing down a thread the size of a fucking essay than just going on and showing something different. At least right now is that you're more smooth-talking people into biting into your bullshit. I know you're somewhat a leader of this community now and you won't be able to reach out to everyone, however, if you can fix that reputation you have going around and deal with the rumours in a way of improvement then I'll believe you. Right now I don't want your bullshit unless you're gonna do it.

-> Everyone asks Divey for response
-> Divey makes very detailed response
-> People bash on Divey for making response instead of doing stuff

Like come on guys, I have as much reason to hate Divey as the next guy here (maybe more as 2018 was a mess) but there's a difference between trying to be constructive and just trying to bash on people for no reason. This thread is a good response and much requested, lets see if anything comes from it. Bashing on it mindlessly because you just want to see FL die at this point is a bit counter-productive and leads nowhere.
Pollux is right this is what everyone was asking for
The following 1 user Likes Slaint's post:
  • Divey
I haven't followed the recent events that led to this so-called drama here, but reading a few of these comments kind of made me pissed off. I mean, honestly, writing "I didn't read it but I know it's bullshit" has got to be the most childish thing I have read in a long time. Most of the negative responses here sound the exact same to me as they have done in all the years I have been on FL: "I don't want to hear what you have to say, because I want to stay pissed". Please grow up and handle the situation as an adult. Divey has the highest responsibility towards the community, of course, but every member of the community carries a bit of responsibility as well. Stop leaning back in your chair and expect everyone else to fix it all.

There also seems to be a lot of people, who believe that if they can't see you are active, then you aren't active. I can tell you, from firsthand experiences, that by far the most activity as a member of the team is where the members discuss and take actions behind the scenes, where the community doesn't see it.
[Image: jjQxeVO.gif]
The following 5 users Like Ivan Headshotski's post:
  • Pollux, Edned, Divey, Mist, max.
Didn’t read but FL died years ago

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
The following 4 users Like Jordy's post:
  • RaZZ, L Y N C H Y, RonniBarker, Vimpto
(09-07-2020, 04:58 PM)Ivan Headshotski Wrote: There also seems to be a lot of people, who believe that if they can't see you are active, then you aren't active. I can tell you, from firsthand experiences, that by far the most activity as a member of the team is where the members discuss and take actions behind the scenes, where the community doesn't see it.

this is true, in reality i was the most active admin
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 15 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Ducktard, Ryan, Ivan Headshotski, Divey, Joe Joe, TASSIA, John Jong, Conn, Mist, Tomo, User 21796, Wolven, Pollux, max., rino
(09-07-2020, 05:01 PM)Zecon Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 04:58 PM)Ivan Headshotski Wrote: There also seems to be a lot of people, who believe that if they can't see you are active, then you aren't active. I can tell you, from firsthand experiences, that by far the most activity as a member of the team is where the members discuss and take actions behind the scenes, where the community doesn't see it.

this is true, in reality i was the most active admin
afk farming at 3am on a completely empty server gang
Where am I?
The following 1 user Likes Ducktard's post:
  • Wolven
Firstly, congratulations Ed on your promotion to SA.

Secondly, speaking on the development side of things, many good gamechanging and general updates which could have been implemented over the past months have fell through the cracks or been disregarded, I honestly don’t feel that gmod store addons are the answer and if the devs were actually motivated to work and paid as promised when they first returned I don’t really think we would be in such a mess, obviously other things have caused a mess but getting good meaningful updates out with motivated devs is really needed at the moment.
Kind Regards,
RedPanda
Fearless Veteran

Did I help you today? +Rep
[Image: f9VS5YA.png]
The following 2 users Like RedPanda's post:
  • Dragnort_, Edned
Of course congratulations to my beloved Edna Mode,

Secondly whatever your opinion on the matter may be, Divey has given a response as many of you have requested; an in-depth and detailed response too. Now obviously one can't take the post and instantly presume that all is over because that would be naive, however the intentions shouldn't be dismissed instantly. I'm intrigued to see what comes of this however pessimistic I may be. But remember; one good day doesn't mean its all over and one bad day doesn't mean its dead. But the good days really need to start outweighing the bad.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
The following 7 users Like Joe Joe's post:
  • Edned, RedPanda, Molyneux481, Pollux, Divey, Wolven, Lesanka
This is what people asked for and wanted to hear, well done Ed and good job on this write up on everything regarding recent events. Mistakes have been made, but moving forward is better than giving up on everything.

Once again, well done!
The following 2 users Like JONATHANPOO's post:
  • Edned, Divey