Fearless Survey results
I'm not going to disagree that it does take time to think up and execute appropriate action as to fix the issue, haste is the worst thing you could do and push out bad things, but it's been a month with nothing. A month since this thread with results and not even a spec of information. You can sit here behind the wall of the admin office saying you have pages of discussion as to what you should do, but truthfully I don't believe it. 

Does development have a role in this? Sure but not as much as you think. This is a culture issue. Fearless has no identity, the team has no identity and the overall vibe is no one cares. The staff doesn't care. I get that you are sick of these kids moaning about stupid stuff, and that is why Forgee is coming in here being a twat replying with "reply" I get it. But this is how it is. 

The thing that makes me annoyed about all of this is this is such an easy fix. Most of the changes that need made don't even take up much time. We have been sitting on this problem for at least a year and it is finally accepted and we are still sitting here. I could have fixed almost all of this by now. It's not hard
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Lewwings
(11-03-2019, 12:48 PM)Sparx Wrote: I'd just like to preface by saying that I completely understand you guys' frustration at the fact that there has been no real staff response to this so far, if I were in your position, I'd be pretty pissed off too. However we haven't forgotten about it, we're actively working out how best to move forward from these results, and to improve the server for you all. Having said that, I'm not going to sit here and say that we've already got a brilliant plan that is going to solve all your problems, because frankly we haven't, these things do take time, and the most important thing is to move in the right direction with this, not making hasty decisions to please people that may come back to haunt us further down the line. It's very clear that change is needed, we 100 percent hear you on that.

Personally, I do not believe the reason for playercount lies as largely with administration as argued on this thread, I know I'm an admin and so I'm sure many of you who strongly believe that we are doing a bad job will disagree with me, however, in my opinion, the reason that our player count is not as strong as it used to be, is that people are just getting bored, they come on the server and find it difficult to actually be entertained, because they have run out of things to do and there is a lack of unique rps. What I believe FL needs more than anything, is development that pushes player interaction, and gives both players who have been here a long time, and those who are newcomers, a new target/goal to reach. I think this direction of development would benefit FL far more greatly than swapping SAs or unbanning a ton of players who likely aren't interested in FL anymore as a semi serious rp server. Interaction & motivation to play are the key here, IMO.

You speak a load of shit. You and the other SA's do sweet fuck all. You can say that you're 'doing' stuff and that you are 'looking into it' all you like but that shit wont slide with me. I've personally been an admin and I know exactly what happens behind closed doors.

Nothing.

You simply don't care, you're happy to sit on your throne of SA and only deal with shit when it needs to. Why don't you actually do something with the power given to you and actually try and make a change? You're saying you know what FL needs, well why don't you write out some objectives you want to achieve before the end of this year; how you're going to achieve them and then post it pubic-ally so you can be held accountable to hit them?

Thats how management should be here because the current management is pretending you're going to do something and stating 'you want to change stuff' but never bothering to actually do it.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Dimitris
(11-03-2019, 02:27 PM)Fultz Wrote: I'm not going to disagree that it does take time to think up and execute appropriate action as to fix the issue, haste is the worst thing you could do and push out bad things, but it's been a month with nothing. A month since this thread with results and not even a spec of information. You can sit here behind the wall of the admin office saying you have pages of discussion as to what you should do, but truthfully I don't believe it. 

Does development have a role in this? Sure but not as much as you think. This is a culture issue. Fearless has no identity, the team has no identity and the overall vibe is no one cares. The staff doesn't care. I get that you are sick of these kids moaning about stupid stuff, and that is why Forgee is coming in here being a twat replying with "reply" I get it. But this is how it is. 

The thing that makes me annoyed about all of this is this is such an easy fix. Most of the changes that need made don't even take up much time. We have been sitting on this problem for at least a year and it is finally accepted and we are still sitting here. I could have fixed almost all of this by now. It's not hard
Its not been a month Fultz, I was trying to push shit when I was an admin (nearly a year ago now), and I can tell you right now due one reason or another nothing ever gets done. 

Either due to :
- SoulRipper solely disagreeing on a suggestion (even though it was approved by Community, SA, Admin & developement team)
- Development team not liking the idea even though approved by community .SA & admin team
- Admin team not being able to come to a mutual agreement so suggestion just gets pushed into the dust
- SA team too scared to tell development what they want because they're too scared they'll walk out because they're volunteers
- The suggestion being approved by no-one takes ownership of that suggestion in order to get it pushed through.

this is simple shit which anyone whos worked would know how to fix. Its called MANAGEMENT. Someone takes ownership of the tasks or makes a decision and then something happens. How amazing right??!?!?

Until we get an SA who isn't a bitch and one big pushover FL will just die. Also, people saying FL/Gmod is dying can simply fuck off. [Image: cc305a6bdc.png] 
The game has 35k players on average a day (still top 15 most played on steam). FL should easily get 3 full servers up if the management actually did something other than letting the ship sink.
The following 2 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Grape, Dimitris
(11-03-2019, 02:42 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 02:27 PM)Fultz Wrote: I'm not going to disagree that it does take time to think up and execute appropriate action as to fix the issue, haste is the worst thing you could do and push out bad things, but it's been a month with nothing. A month since this thread with results and not even a spec of information. You can sit here behind the wall of the admin office saying you have pages of discussion as to what you should do, but truthfully I don't believe it. 

Its not been a month Fultz, I was trying to push shit when I was an admin (nearly a year ago now), and I can tell you right now due one reason or another nothing ever gets done. 

Either due to :
- SoulRipper solely disagreeing on a suggestion (even though it was approved by Community, SA, Admin & developement team)
- Development team not liking the idea even though approved by community .SA & admin team
- Admin team not being able to come to a mutual agreement so suggestion just gets pushed into the dust
- SA team too scared to tell development what they want because they're too scared they'll walk out because they're volunteers
- The suggestion being approved by no-one takes ownership of that suggestion in order to get it pushed through.

this is simple shit which anyone whos worked would know how to fix. Its called MANAGEMENT. Someone takes ownership of the tasks or makes a decision and then something happens. How amazing right??!?!?

Until we get an SA who isn't a bitch and one big pushover FL will just die. Also, people saying FL/Gmod is dying can simply fuck off. [Image: cc305a6bdc.png] 
The game has 35k players on average a day. FL should easily get 3 full servers up if the management actually did something other than letting the ship sink.

Read what I wrote. I said a month since this thread and that issues have been a year.

I'm honestly sick of you using the "I was an admin" for the reasoning behind things. You were an admin. And you didn't get shit done either. Blame all the roadblocks you want. It is the truth. You were apart of the issue. And I honestly don't understand why you are still trying to take this approach for getting things done even though I understand the frustration. It's clear sitting here bashing makes everyone on the team shut down. 

To be honest with you at this point the contempt to just ride this thing out by a majority of people just scares me. So I do like the fact that you genuinely care about the community and the state that it is in. But I just feel like at this point it is going into deaf ears.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Wolven, Ryan
There isn't anything I haven't done on the server. I'd like to see changes put into place but that takes time. Time is running out though.
Wolven

(11-03-2019, 02:37 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 12:48 PM)Sparx Wrote: I'd just like to preface by saying that I completely understand you guys' frustration at the fact that there has been no real staff response to this so far, if I were in your position, I'd be pretty pissed off too. However we haven't forgotten about it, we're actively working out how best to move forward from these results, and to improve the server for you all. Having said that, I'm not going to sit here and say that we've already got a brilliant plan that is going to solve all your problems, because frankly we haven't, these things do take time, and the most important thing is to move in the right direction with this, not making hasty decisions to please people that may come back to haunt us further down the line. It's very clear that change is needed, we 100 percent hear you on that.

Personally, I do not believe the reason for playercount lies as largely with administration as argued on this thread, I know I'm an admin and so I'm sure many of you who strongly believe that we are doing a bad job will disagree with me, however, in my opinion, the reason that our player count is not as strong as it used to be, is that people are just getting bored, they come on the server and find it difficult to actually be entertained, because they have run out of things to do and there is a lack of unique rps. What I believe FL needs more than anything, is development that pushes player interaction, and gives both players who have been here a long time, and those who are newcomers, a new target/goal to reach. I think this direction of development would benefit FL far more greatly than swapping SAs or unbanning a ton of players who likely aren't interested in FL anymore as a semi serious rp server. Interaction & motivation to play are the key here, IMO.

You speak a load of shit. You and the other SA's do sweet fuck all. You can say that you're 'doing' stuff and that you are 'looking into it' all you like but that shit wont slide with me. I've personally been an admin and I know exactly what happens behind closed doors.

Nothing.

You simply don't care, you're happy to sit on your throne of SA and only deal with shit when it needs to. Why don't you actually do something with the power given to you and actually try and make a change? You're saying you know what FL needs, well why don't you write out some objectives you want to achieve before the end of this year; how you're going to achieve them and then post it pubic-ally so you can be held accountable to hit them?

Thats how management should be here because the current management is pretending you're going to do something and stating 'you want to change stuff' but never bothering to actually do it.

He stepped down?
Ryannnnnn
Fearless Full-Time Roleplayer

[Image: qVdVN2yh.jpg]
(11-03-2019, 02:57 PM)Ryan Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 02:37 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:

Nothing.

He stepped down?

Yea because he did nothing lmao
(11-03-2019, 02:54 PM)Fultz Wrote:

Either due to :

The game has 35k players on average a day. FL should easily get 3 full servers up if the management actually did something other than letting the ship sink.

Read what I wrote. I said a month since this thread and that issues have been a year.

I'm honestly sick of you using the "I was an admin" for the reasoning behind things. You were an admin. And you didn't get shit done either. Blame all the roadblocks you want. It is the truth. You were apart of the issue. And I honestly don't understand why you are still trying to take this approach for getting things done even though I understand the frustration. It's clear sitting here bashing makes everyone on the team shut down. 

To be honest with you at this point the contempt to just ride this thing out by a majority of people just scares me. So I do like the fact that you genuinely care about the community and the state that it is in. But I just feel like at this point it is going into deaf ears.

Lmao, if you saw how aggressively I was trying to get shit done you'd certainly change your tone. I was pushing stuff daily. I was dm'ing dev's, admins, SA'S & Soul and still nothing was being done. You don't know because you wasn't admin when I was but I can gurantee you any admin who is now an admin or was when I was can certainly confirm I was the bane of their life as I was not a bitch like everyone else and I actually tried to get shit done. Admin is pointless, you'd try and do something and get shut down with 'you're only an admin' smh.
(11-03-2019, 03:03 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 02:54 PM)Fultz Wrote:

Either due to :

Lmao, if you saw how aggressively I was trying to get shit done you'd certainly change your tone. I was pushing stuff daily. I was dm'ing dev's, admins, SA'S & Soul and still nothing was being done. You don't know because you wasn't admin when I was but I can gurantee you any admin who is now an admin or was when I was can certainly confirm I was the bane of their life as I was not a bitch like everyone else and I actually tried to get shit done. Admin is pointless, you'd try and do something and get shut down with 'you're only an admin' smh.

Frankly Ghost, I think you had some really great ideas that would benefit the community greatly if implemented correctly, however the way you try and get your point across was aggressive then and it's exactly the same now, surely you can realise that bombarding volunteers into doing only what YOU tell them to, is not a good strategy of motivating people into getting things done.
[Image: kdE8vR5.jpg]