Future of FL/ FL Dying (18/75)
(10-04-2019, 04:01 PM)perqe Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 03:52 PM)Pollux Wrote: Suggestions are mostly all discussed within the team. If a suggestion is declined a reason is usually left, if not you can always ask the person who declined it. You've brang up a few suggestions which were declined a while ago to due to good counter-points raised by those against it and problems which would have been caused while implementing it. I want to point out that just because you strongly believe a suggestion is needed doesn't always mean it is. We always have to weigh up the time it will take to implement a feature vs how used it will actually be.

I completely understand what you are saying.

However, https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.ph...light=bank

The counter points i see, are its darkrp like to have bank robbberies, and that its something else for the government to complain about.

The rest are +supports, and people wanting to have these activities and the rewards and fun that come with that, but yet again for some reason wham gonners.

Your point for denying it was it creating a mass shootout, if roleplayed correctly with people following rules regarding hostages there wouldnt be any casualties or guns fired.

So, there was no counter points, the staff team just didnt want the hassle.

The one you linked was actually discussed quite a bit, the comments I left on the thread were pretty much a summary of that discussion. It wasn't my reasons for declining it, rather it was the teams. The position of the bank on V4B1 made it quite difficult to do anything with it compared to say V5P where it's slightly out of the way. From experience though bank robberies on mainstreet don't work well, the event we had only worked somewhat well as everyone was forced not to go guns blazing by the staff supervising it (although we still had issues).

There are way better ways to have AggRPers have new content and more ways to make money than the bank heists, which introduced far too many issues than what it was worth. I understand if you wanted that feature specifically, but it's not really worth the risk compared to a ton of other things that can be added for AggRP such as contraband or other wanted features.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(10-05-2019, 12:35 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-04-2019, 03:52 PM)Pollux Wrote: Suggestions are mostly all discussed within the team. If a suggestion is declined a reason is usually left, if not you can always ask the person who declined it. You've brang up a few suggestions which were declined a while ago to due to good counter-points raised by those against it and problems which would have been caused while implementing it. I want to point out that just because you strongly believe a suggestion is needed doesn't always mean it is. We always have to weigh up the time it will take to implement a feature vs how used it will actually be.

The counter points i see, are its darkrp like to have bank robbberies, and that its something else for the government to complain about.

The rest are +supports, and people wanting to have these activities and the rewards and fun that come with that, but yet again for some reason wham gonners.

Your point for denying it was it creating a mass shootout, if roleplayed correctly with people following rules regarding hostages there wouldnt be any casualties or guns fired.

The one you linked was actually discussed quite a bit, the comments I left on the thread were pretty much a summary of that discussion. It wasn't my reasons for declining it, rather it was the teams. The position of the bank on V4B1 made it quite difficult to do anything with it compared to say V5P where it's slightly out of the way. From experience though bank robberies on mainstreet don't work well, the event we had only worked somewhat well as everyone was forced not to go guns blazing by the staff supervising it (although we still had issues).

There are way better ways to have AggRPers have new content and more ways to make money than the bank heists, which introduced far too many issues than what it was worth. I understand if you wanted that feature specifically, but it's not really worth the risk compared to a ton of other things that can be added for AggRP such as contraband or other wanted features.

Okay, i understand this but its been so long so why are we not being told about, or is any of these "other features" being added or even brought to our attention.

This isnt a dig at you, as it is aimed at everyone involved, to stop this confusion and somewhat misplaced anger, why cant there be transparency, between the team and the community and then maybe we wont be as confused and we would come to a more satisfied conclusion and both parties would be happy.

This is for sure, one of the things we can both try to make is a bridge so that the community can have a voice and communicate with all you and feel like it is going for. Also, maybe make a rank like a council rank where people can bring ideas to us, and we can redirect them to you in an office on the forums, just an idea im sure someone can polish it up.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
(10-05-2019, 01:29 AM)perqe Wrote:

Okay, i understand this but its been so long so why are we not being told about, or is any of these "other features" being added or even brought to our attention.

This isnt a dig at you, as it is aimed at everyone involved, to stop this confusion and somewhat misplaced anger, why cant there be transparency, between the team and the community and then maybe we wont be as confused and we would come to a more satisfied conclusion and both parties would be happy.

This is for sure, one of the things we can both try to make is a bridge so that the community can have a voice and communicate with all you and feel like it is going for. Also, maybe make a rank like a council rank where people can bring ideas to us, and we can redirect them to you in an office on the forums, just an idea im sure someone can polish it up.

I agree transparency is an issue within Development. It is something that is actively being worked on too. I obviously can't go into detail at all but hopefully we'll make progress soon. As for updates the dev team has actually been working on a lot, just a lot of these features are backend or internal so there's nothing to really show off to everyone. The good thing is once these backend and internal features are complete then content can be worked on.

For myself personally I have been quite inactive compared to what I was last time I was on the team. While there are a few reasons behind this (start of uni, friends, generally just busy) I am planning on getting back into it soon.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork

BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE

(credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqxVMLVe62U )
(10-05-2019, 01:47 AM)Pollux Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 01:29 AM)perqe Wrote:

I agree transparency is an issue within Development. It is something that is actively being worked on too. I obviously can't go into detail at all but hopefully we'll make progress soon. As for updates the dev team has actually been working on a lot, just a lot of these features are backend or internal so there's nothing to really show off to everyone. The good thing is once these backend and internal features are complete then content can be worked on.

For myself personally I have been quite inactive compared to what I was last time I was on the team. While there are a few reasons behind this (start of uni, friends, generally just busy) I am planning on getting back into it soon.

I do understand, and while as a contributor it obviously limits you, compared to what it does as a developer regarding the timing and speed of what you are doing.

I also, understand that some things would be considered leaking if you told us, but this is an issue that needs to be solved telling people and the community what is being worked on and added isnt leaking, we have every right to know, plus while you are adding we can give ideas on that very thing and maybe it could improve it who knows?

I could be wrong regarding the leaking but ive been told that before maybe it was just an excuse, but im pretty sure it is leaking as they wouldnt normally chat bubbles, so if there is a way to improve the transparency i only think it benefits the server and both parties, as the input from the correct community member can be very useful.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
Right now
[Image: e6d3940faf68cdad3f73eb9769016735.png]
[Image: 28878bac51525b52ac1be3e3a94deb6b.png]
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Eclipze
(10-05-2019, 10:24 AM)MonkeyDustFTW Wrote: Dont blame it on the server
dont blame it on the admins
dont blame it on the updates

BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE

Truly timeless, just like FL
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
(10-05-2019, 08:16 PM)Midget Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 10:24 AM)MonkeyDustFTW Wrote: Dont blame it on the server
dont blame it on the admins
dont blame it on the updates

BLAME IT ON THE BOOGIE

Truly timeless, just like FL

Love you my fellow friend
The following 1 user Likes L Y N C H Y's post:
  • Haarek
Speaking of activity...

Random: last on server (29 Aug), last on forums (4 Oct), last post (29 Aug)
Tomo: last on server (10 Sep), last on forums (5 Oct), last post (2 Oct)
Sparx: last on server (Unknown), last on forums (4-5 Oct: Hidden), last post (30 Sep)

And what about teachers, the crucial players who are actively meant to help settle new players in and help with any questions...?

JackZ: last on server (26 Sep), last on forums (27 Sep), last post (27 Sep)
Wilson: last on server (27 Sep), last on forums (28 Sep), last post (26 Sep)
PhantomSolaris: last on server (29 Aug), last on forums (3 Oct), last post (23 Sep)

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 1 user Likes Lewwings's post:
  • Mist
(10-06-2019, 04:13 PM)Lewwings Wrote: Speaking of activity...

Random: last on server (29 Aug), last on forums (4 Oct), last post (29 Aug)
Tomo: last on server (10 Sep), last on forums (5 Oct), last post (2 Oct)
Sparx: last on server (Unknown), last on forums (4-5 Oct: Hidden), last post (30 Sep)

And what about teachers, the crucial players who are actively meant to help settle new players in and help with any questions...?

JackZ: last on server (26 Sep), last on forums (27 Sep), last post (27 Sep)
Wilson: last on server (27 Sep), last on forums (28 Sep), last post (26 Sep)
PhantomSolaris: last on server (29 Aug), last on forums (3 Oct), last post (23 Sep)

Jack is in Cyprus, he even made a post saying he will be inactive.