server state v34
(08-28-2018, 02:36 PM)Baskingner Wrote: Well if thats what you would have done i wouldnt have responded. I was just triggered by your poor way of expressing your opinion. You wanting V2D is perfectly fine, hell, we’ll even agree on that. You insulting people because they like another map then you is just childish.

Glad to have made you laugh bud

Mate you have to think at the end of the day though, the server was full asf when V2D was in place. Now the server is no where near full at peak like 60 players. I know it is what we want but the community need to make a decision for what will be good for the server.
(08-28-2018, 02:38 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 01:33 PM)Killroy Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 01:30 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 01:01 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 12:56 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: I'm confused as to why there is such a minority asking for V2D back? I don't know if you read the thread but it stated it's a temporary backup map and isn't going to be used for certain reasons. Constantly going on about wanting it back so you can own the server with your AggRP groups isn't exactly going to change anything, at all? Learn to adapt, find yourself a new spot on this map. You don't have to be in the city, try RP'ing something different like a Corleone and then your lag will go unless you have a full on potato PC.
Cars are in beta for a good reason and simply just releasing to the community would be the worst idea ever, you all saw what happened when they just released the Merc, the server went to shit. Worse than it is now. I'm confused why you're complaining about Pollux adding certain vehciles to be tested on live by a specific group for a very good reason. You're getting new cars, be happy

Are you brain dead or just straight freaking retarted? How does a map change mean we can not aggressive rp. V2D is blantantly a better map that is backed up by the amount of players. You’re saying that it is being tested however how freaking long do we need for a car to be “tested” it doesn’t take a month.

Firstly, thank you for your kind words. However to answer your question, i'm not brain dead, nor retarded.
If you can name a part where I said you cannot AggRP on this new map i'll PayPal you a tenner. The only reason you want V2D back is so you can create AggRP bases in area's that are natural doomforts, something this new map lacks. You are going on about this Passive Squad, or some shit like that. The map was voted for not chosen by a single person. You are constantly making it out to be like you cannot AggRP on the new map when infact you can but you haven't spent the time looking around and play with different base designs to find another unraidable area, not everything evolves around AggRP sadly.
Cars take as long as they need to take in order to be tested effectively, whether it be a month or be a week. I'd rather a car be thoroughly tested before it's released rather than released half broken. You also forget all this is done in Pollux's spare time, he has other shit to be doing before he releases a car on FL.

(08-28-2018, 01:03 PM)JoshZ Wrote: Some regular players were given it so he isn’t out of the loop.

Again, dunno if you read my reply or completely ignored everything I said, but the merc was a shit show and the dev's learned not to give it to players. Experienced or not. The new system is to give it to people who can actually be trusted, the staff team. (Trusted with a test car anyways)

(08-28-2018, 01:10 PM)Killroy Wrote: Ah of course because there is absolutely no friendship allowed with contributors, devs and admins. Absolutely no benefit to having that vehicle either. Typical rank-inclusivity.

Didn't say friendships weren't allowed. Just stated there's a system that isn't just giving it to friends, but instead the staff team.

"Why would it need to be on the live server?" is the question.

Because the developers need to make sure that it doesn't effect the performance of the majority, and that the car doesn't behave differently on live in comparrison to on Alpha.
A great example of why this is was the Pines map. Performed amazingly on the Alpha server however as soon as it went live with lots of players issues were discovered.

And why exactly would it need to be given to contributors, a few normal users and the admins to test? Surely all it would take is it to be given to one individual to test over a day (high player times / low player times)...
(08-28-2018, 03:25 PM)Killroy Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 01:30 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 01:01 PM)JoshZ Wrote: Are you brain dead or just straight freaking retarted? How does a map change mean we can not aggressive rp. V2D is blantantly a better map that is backed up by the amount of players. You’re saying that it is being tested however how freaking long do we need for a car to be “tested” it doesn’t take a month.

Firstly, thank you for your kind words. However to answer your question, i'm not brain dead, nor retarded.
If you can name a part where I said you cannot AggRP on this new map i'll PayPal you a tenner. The only reason you want V2D back is so you can create AggRP bases in area's that are natural doomforts, something this new map lacks. You are going on about this Passive Squad, or some shit like that. The map was voted for not chosen by a single person. You are constantly making it out to be like you cannot AggRP on the new map when infact you can but you haven't spent the time looking around and play with different base designs to find another unraidable area, not everything evolves around AggRP sadly.
Cars take as long as they need to take in order to be tested effectively, whether it be a month or be a week. I'd rather a car be thoroughly tested before it's released rather than released half broken. You also forget all this is done in Pollux's spare time, he has other shit to be doing before he releases a car on FL.

(08-28-2018, 01:03 PM)JoshZ Wrote: Some regular players were given it so he isn’t out of the loop.

Again, dunno if you read my reply or completely ignored everything I said, but the merc was a shit show and the dev's learned not to give it to players. Experienced or not. The new system is to give it to people who can actually be trusted, the staff team. (Trusted with a test car anyways)

(08-28-2018, 01:10 PM)Killroy Wrote: Ah of course because there is absolutely no friendship allowed with contributors, devs and admins. Absolutely no benefit to having that vehicle either. Typical rank-inclusivity.

Didn't say friendships weren't allowed. Just stated there's a system that isn't just giving it to friends, but instead the staff team.

Because the developers need to make sure that it doesn't effect the performance of the majority, and that the car doesn't behave differently on live in comparrison to on Alpha.
A great example of why this is was the Pines map. Performed amazingly on the Alpha server however as soon as it went live with lots of players issues were discovered.

And why exactly would it need to be given to contributors, a few normal users and the admins to test? Surely all it would take is it to be given to one individual to test over a day (high player times / low player times)...

It's almost an incentive for staff to join, kinda benefits us. To be honest darling, I don't know why it would, or infact wouldn't be given to contributors. Wait for Pollux's response to that; a system is a system and if the dev's think contributors should have it then why not
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
(08-28-2018, 04:03 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 03:25 PM)Killroy Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 01:30 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote: Firstly, thank you for your kind words. However to answer your question, i'm not brain dead, nor retarded.

It's almost an incentive for staff to join, kinda benefits us. To be honest darling, I don't know why it would, or infact wouldn't be given to contributors. Wait for Pollux's response to that; a system is a system and if the dev's think contributors should have it then why not

Using that logic if a dev said "I need to test money, here you go lads" and gives the entire contributor team $9,999,999 its okay because the dev's think they should have it sooo. You're way to trusting of the staff team. I'd also prefer you not call me darling when you are trying to grasp at a point because it really devalues any drivel you try to express to me.

As for it being an incentive for staff to join, that is a really weak argument. The staff should have to be coerced onto the server to do what they themselves volunteered to do? Lmfao, if that's the case they all need demoting and replacing.
(08-28-2018, 04:10 PM)Killroy Wrote: Using that logic if a dev said "I need to test money, here you go lads" and gives the entire contributor team $9,999,999 its okay because the dev's think they should have it sooo. You're way to trusting of the staff team. I'd also prefer you not call me darling when you are trying to grasp at a point because it really devalues any drivel you try to express to me.

As for it being an incentive for staff to join, that is a really weak argument. The staff should have to be coerced onto the server to do what they themselves volunteered to do? Lmfao, if that's the case they all need demoting and replacing.

That comparrison is really stupid as testing cars that they cannot earn money from isn't really the same as needing test money. There wouldn't be a reason for them to have test money because nothing needs to be tested with it. The cars however do need to be tested.
It's not an argument, more a suggestion. It shouldn't be but could be seen as an incentive. We also have had the discussion of staff being inactive and needing to be replaced or to hire new staff however no changes have happened aside staff becoming a little more active recently. Despite the slight increase in staff activity, there still needs to be more staff hired. But that's not what this discussion is really about.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
(08-28-2018, 04:47 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 04:10 PM)Killroy Wrote: Using that logic if a dev said "I need to test money, here you go lads" and gives the entire contributor team $9,999,999 its okay because the dev's think they should have it sooo. You're way to trusting of the staff team. I'd also prefer you not call me darling when you are trying to grasp at a point because it really devalues any drivel you try to express to me.

That comparrison is really stupid as testing cars that they cannot earn money from isn't really the same as needing test money. There wouldn't be a reason for them to have test money because nothing needs to be tested with it. The cars however do need to be tested.
It's not an argument, more a suggestion. It shouldn't be but could be seen as an incentive. We also have had the discussion of staff being inactive and needing to be replaced or to hire new staff however no changes have happened aside staff becoming a little more active recently. Despite the slight increase in staff activity, there still needs to be more staff hired. But that's not what this discussion is really about.

They can't earn money from it but isn't FL about roleplaying? They had exclusive vehicles that only they had which no other player could obtain at the time, and as far as I'm aware they roleplayed with them which would mean they're being given benefits and specialties for roleplay. Are you being paid by the staff or something or are you volunteering to defend them at every turn?
(08-28-2018, 05:06 PM)Killroy Wrote:

They can't earn money from it but isn't FL about roleplaying? They had exclusive vehicles that only they had which no other player could obtain at the time, and as far as I'm aware they roleplayed with them which would mean they're being given benefits and specialties for roleplay. Are you being paid by the staff or something or are you volunteering to defend them at every turn?

Yes FL is about roleplaying but roleplaying about enjoying yourself, acting as something you would enjoy in real life, not specifically to make money. I.E. I saw an RP with the new Presidential Limo which wasn't about money but instead protecting the President. They have been given these specialities to help improve roleplay, which infact are soon going to be given to the playerbase.
The only person on FL being paid is SoulRipper. I am defending them because people like yourself come to the forums chatting complete shit without a proper argument other than salt because you don't have something they have got.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
(08-28-2018, 05:15 PM)BasicallyMental Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 05:06 PM)Killroy Wrote:

Yes FL is about roleplaying but roleplaying about enjoying yourself, acting as something you would enjoy in real life, not specifically to make money. I.E. I saw an RP with the new Presidential Limo which wasn't about money but instead protecting the President. They have been given these specialities to help improve roleplay, which infact are soon going to be given to the playerbase.
The only person on FL being paid is SoulRipper. I am defending them because people like yourself come to the forums chatting complete shit without a proper argument other than salt because you don't have something they have got.

So you think the staff and contributors and a few specially selected players should be given benefits while the rest of the server has to sit by and watch them? Epic, no doubt you were one of the kids given the vehicle.
(08-28-2018, 05:20 PM)Killroy Wrote: So you think the staff and contributors and a few specially selected players should be given benefits while the rest of the server has to sit by and watch them? Epic, no doubt you were one of the kids given the vehicle.

Please name the special players that got vehicle, thanks. And for your limited and incorrect information, I am not and have not ever been given any special privlages, vehicles or anything of the sort.
I think it should be the staff team that test the vehicles yes. It has been proven to be Chaos by just giving players the new car, experienced or not.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
(08-28-2018, 12:53 PM)JoshZ Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 12:06 PM)Zona Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 11:58 AM)Bob Bobbington Wrote: It's kinda sad that the vote had 19 to v2d, I was one of the 19. 140 people voted for v4b1 yet have you seen people on the game that actually play?

Also, don't understand why a test car was added and given to certain people and made to be really expensive when there is a test server and why it was a test car for so long.

They actually give it to people but it was a total chaos. Maybe it wasn’t you but loads of people abused it and they received several warnings. Developers try to give us permission and access, but can’t continue doing it if we can’t  show that they can trust us.

I don’t know one normal memeber who abused having the car. Give it to the experinced players and there would be no issue

I don’t know if you were there when they gave it to players, but I was same as several staff members.
[Image: clvck9d.png]