Isn't random arrests technically FailRP?
Think about it a police officer never arrests someone for no reason at all, sure they detain the person randomly but never put them in jail. It has happened sometimes that evidence has not really been true an innocent people has been put in jail for it but thats not the thing here. Just think about the FailRP rule states that you shall not do anything that wont happen in real life so why isnt random arrests concidered FailRP?
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
I rarely see this happen, either its a mistake on the officers hand, or they are metagaming in some way, but i would agree with you, that randomly arresting people would be very mingy, possibly failrp aseell.

There is not much to do about it, putting in a rule, will keep it to a lower amount, but it will still happen sometimes.

I agree with you it is annoying, but if they are arresting with no reason whatsoever, you should try to roleplay it out, by either confronting him in-character, calling the President and or Police sergeant to get him demoted in some way for possible corruption or something alike.

Jonas
Fearless Teacher
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
The rule is dumb
It allows me to go on a mass arrest spree with fake reasons and get away with it, except for IC demotion
The following 2 users Like Greed^'s post:
  • DreeBott, MacTavish
I'd say it's only FailRP if the reason is ridiculous ("fucking ugly boi who has no cabbage").
The following 3 users Like Deleted User's post:
  • Agorith, Ranger, Random
Greed is right. The Rule is very easy to exploit. People tend to forget that a high percentage of people do not know how to rp properly which means that they will not know how to handle it IC.
Whats most failrp is when someone arrests you for being black...
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
(08-17-2016, 08:03 PM)Eclipze Wrote: Think about it a police officer never arrests someone for no reason at all, sure they detain the person randomly but never put them in jail. It has happened sometimes that evidence has not really been true an innocent people has been put in jail for it but thats not the thing here. Just think about the FailRP rule states that you shall not do anything that wont happen in real life so why isnt random arrests concidered FailRP?

Well, it's a good discussion I got to say and took me a time to make an opinion.
I think that random arrests shouldn't be considered as FailRP. As you stated, real life officers don't put people in jails without a decent eveidence, but we have a Semi-Serious RP which differs from the real life(though I agree that realism is one of the main points). Also the current FL opportunities aren't enough to provide evidence for crime in the most cases; crime on FL has poor opportunities and usually done in just few ways(raids, robberies and some low stuff).
One of the problem is we have limited player models which makes troubles for describing a person criminal. So street crime will nearly never get enough evidence.
There are more things saying that it shouldn't be considered as FailRP and I might tell them in the further discussion.
In conclusion, I can say that making random arrests a FailRP breakage will be a good step into realism, but it would require a lot of work on the whole system(developing and creating more rules for officers) which I think is not so easy to do now and will require too many human resources, is it worth it?

P.S. Sorry for such rambling in my reply, couldn't manage my thoughts properly, have some reasons.
(08-17-2016, 08:23 PM)Atlas Wrote: P.S. Sorry for such rambling in my reply, couldn't manage my thoughts properly, have some reasons.

Are you drunk again?
(08-17-2016, 08:35 PM)Coffee Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 08:23 PM)Atlas Wrote: P.S. Sorry for such rambling in my reply, couldn't manage my thoughts properly, have some reasons.

Are you drunk again?

Nah, not yet.
The following 1 user Likes Atlas's post:
  • Coffee
(08-17-2016, 08:08 PM)Jonas Wrote: I rarely see this happen, either its a mistake on the officers hand, or they are metagaming in some way, but i would agree with you, that randomly arresting people would be very mingy, possibly failrp aseell.

There is not much to do about it, putting in a rule, will keep it to a lower amount, but it will still happen sometimes.

I agree with you it is annoying, but if they are arresting with no reason whatsoever, you should try to roleplay it out, by either confronting him in-character, calling the President and or Police sergeant to get him demoted in some way for possible corruption or something alike.

Jonas
Fearless Teacher
"I agree with you it is annoying, but if they are arresting with no reason whatsoever, you should try to roleplay it out, by either confronting him in-character, calling the President and or Police sergeant to get him demoted in some way for possible corruption or something alike."

I tried this so many times and it NEVER worked out, because im never arrested by somebody who KNOWS HOW TO RP. The people who usually random arrest are new players with little to no expirience, hence you cant RP it out with them