Headset Issue
Hello everyone, 

I'm having a little bit of a problem today, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that has had this issue.

So I was using my headset, like I always do, and I had to unplug the Audio jack to be able to play music through the microphone.

I played the music that I had to through an Auxiliary Cord connected to my iPad, and I had to restart GMOD to get it to work.

So I played the music, and I was hearing it through both sides of my headset. When I finished, I restarted GMOD and did all the stuff to change your microphone source, and then the problem started:

My headset was only playing sound through the right side, not the left. The way that my headset is set up, the microphone plugs into the left side. I originally thought it was a loose wire, however if it was, my microphone would not be working, and the Microphone is fully operational. I've tried looking for dust in the audio and USB ports to fix it, but to no avail.

If anybody has a fix, please let me know because I would like to avoid having to blow $60 on a new headset.

Thanks,
Reebs
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
Probably not your headset's fault, have you tried plugging it into your iPad and playing music into that? Because if you can hear out of both cups it rules out the theory of it being your headset that's busted.
(06-13-2016, 05:18 PM)Grunt Wrote: Probably not your headset's fault, have you tried plugging it into your iPad and playing music into that? Because if you can hear out of both cups it rules out the theory of it being your headset that's busted.

I can only hear it out of the right cup doing this as well.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

What Headset you got?
(06-13-2016, 05:24 PM)DreeBott Wrote: What Headset you got?

I have an Afterglow AG Wired Headset.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

try this. on your desktop.
[Image: ACTTJ8R.png]
then recording devices.
[Image: oSc1v47.png]
then set Your microphone as default device and communication device. 
then try this ingame.
[Image: EnmrHDf.png]
In gmod press shift and tab and click on the steam settings, then go to Voice.
Then click on Detect Audio Devices and it should detect your microphone.
Then restart Gmod and it should work.
Hope it helps.
[Image: xfmK5LX.jpg]
The original Cuban Minge
Hi Reebs,
I am indeed having the same problem as you. Although I'm not using the same headset as you,for me it goes away after a few days or so.
[Image: 1717-E37-A-98-BA-4-EEF-B9-B5-9800-D3-B90-A00.jpg]
Had the same problem for about 40 seconds. Hit the headset into the table and it worked again.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Eclipze
(06-14-2016, 04:05 AM)Midget Wrote: Had the same problem for about 40 seconds. Hit the headset into the table and it worked again.

Fun fact. That's actually called 'Percussive Maintenance'
The following 1 user Likes zXDroNEXz0918's post:
  • Haarek
(06-14-2016, 06:56 AM)zXDroNEXz0918 Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 04:05 AM)Midget Wrote: Had the same problem for about 40 seconds. Hit the headset into the table and it worked again.

Fun fact. That's actually called 'Percussive Maintenance'

This is why you buy proper headphones and not this cheap gaming crap. Been using these headphones for almost 4 years, not a single issue so far.
The following 1 user Likes Joulle's post:
  • Grunt