Ask a Brit!
(04-27-2015, 03:12 AM)I\m Diggy Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 10:07 PM)Dauntless Wrote: Whats your opinion on Northern Ireland being part of the UK and the rest of Ireland leaving the UK? Would you prefer the British Isles to all be part of the UK or are you happy with Southern Irish Independence?
Not british, but wanna give my two cents anyhow
I think border-changes or even the transfer of land in a modern day society just do not work, if the UK ceded NI to the Republic of Ireland, that might stir trouble, if
you keep it within the boundaries of the UK, that might also stir trouble, but likely less then some sort of secession.
[Image: map8.jpg]
The world has so far evolved from the days when a map would change tens of thousands of times a decade, now even the slightest geopolitical shift could send a rupture
through that local or even global society.
Take a look at Crimea, a small province of Ukraine, annexed by the Russian Federation (Though not recognized as official by most) sent a rupture through the globe in the 21st
century, but in the 19th or 20th centuries? Annexations happened all the time and was common practice in the means of imperialism, times have changed and we really must stop
measuring and categorizing territories by their nationalities, as the only thing that seems to come of it is civil war and instability.
As for whether the British Isles should unite, direct above for my opinion on geo-political unification.
Economically, I suppose they are both pretty different in the sense that they use different currency, but other than that I do not quite see 
what would benefit either of the countries so much as to unite, but yeah just my opinion.
Also for anyone curious about Northern Ireland, TLDR: English & Scottish began settling the island next to Great Britain known as Ireland in the 1400s/1500s, eventually a large amount of the population in the north were protestant english/scotts and yeah, ulster became Northern Ireland after Ireland declared independence from the United Kingdom in the 1920s after a local referendum had the people vote whether to stay with the UK or leave, they voted to stay.
[Image: ireland_map1609.gif]
Good point. Also that map explains so much on the accents in Ireland lol. I have always wondered why the northern Irish accent sounds so Scottish and why some people in Dublin have a slight hint of an English accent (the pale area). Now I can understand why loads of people in mainland Europe call or think Irish people are British because of the accents (happens to me and most people in like Spain or France, the holiday areas) and it drives us crazy.
britain is shit
(04-27-2015, 06:42 PM)Walrus the Overlord Wrote: britain is shit great.

nvm walked outside and saw a tractor go by and a few chavs.

i love this country
(04-27-2015, 06:43 PM)Walrus the Overlord Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 06:42 PM)Walrus the Overlord Wrote: britain is shit great.

nvm walked outside and saw a tractor go by and a few chavs.

i love this country

ahah!
Do you like "Walker's Shortbread"?
Who the fuck puts honey in tea what is wrong with you why would you suggest that omg wtf
Ew tea.
(04-27-2015, 11:13 PM)Venom Wrote: Ew tea.

Ew Venom.
How can you not like tea?!?!?!?!?!!??!?

Guess it's your turn now. How about an episode of "ask a yankee" [Image: tongue.gif]

Ewww tea - wait - what about ice tea? 

uwot.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]