More admins
(06-27-2014, 04:15 PM)Humla Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 03:55 PM)Enzyme Wrote: -snip-

I am fully aware that you are mere mortals and not robots and yes, it is summertime. My point is that it is way easier to find potential v33x and v2p admins on respective servers if the admins actually were on those servers and not on v2d for the most part. It is over 2 years of inactive staff on v33x, Soul knows this too hence why he went on v33x to find players who played on v33x alot a year ago or so. Why not do this again?Admins can even go undercover to see who behaves when no staff is on.

As I said on my previous post:
I've seen quite a few people who I've viewed as moderator-material who have been minging around when I've been undercover on the server. I'm not going to mention any names, but I do not tolerate people minging when they think that no admin is there to see/catch them.

(06-27-2014, 04:15 PM)Humla Wrote: It is not about that you are inactive, it is about that you are inactive on two servers of three. Players who actually wants to roleplay on other maps than v2d has a really hard time of doing so. If I were to put on the "admin shoes" I would sure as hell administrate where it is most needed, pretty logical isn't it?
I agree to this, but when you've spend 1000+ ingame hours doing this, then it can become repeditive and a hassle. If administrating servers becomes almost like homework where you feel forced to do this, then the motivation will drop and bam.. Inactivity.

As someone who've spent 2152 hours ingame: I need to be entertained in one way or another while administrating, or I'll just loose all motivation. Yes, alot of admins prefer v2d, me included. If we were to force admins to go on the other servers then this would be negative in the long run as admins would loose all motivation to administrate at all. I'm often on v2d alot because I find that map most enjoyable/entertaining, and I thrive there the most as I often can do my own thing.
It might sounds egocentric and selfish, but that's how it is when you round a few thousand hours.
(This doesn't mean I'm not on the other servers, as I often take a round undercover on those servers, you just don't know I'm there cleaning up)
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • JMR
(06-27-2014, 04:05 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Did I ever say that you wanted people to kiss-ass you? No.

(06-27-2014, 01:44 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: And this is what I mean about you, the admins thinking you're better than everyone else and that we should treat you as Gods. YOU are the few admins who makes people kiss ass because if we don't we get some stupid reply like this that is damn rude.

' Wrote:You feel and you treat yourself because of your rank that you don't have to use manners. Mind explaining this to me?

Gladly. I don't have to be sunshine and rainbows when someone fails to read posting rules. I don't have to tell someone that's he's the smartest boy in the world if he has a set of things to read prior to posting/saying something. Nowhere does it say I have to hold anyone's hand.

I've been here long enough to know that everyone feels entitled to everything, everyone thinks they're special and everyone feels they will make a change. The hard truth is very few make any sort of difference in the long run.

So, to end this purely off-topic discussion, here are some tips for everyone how to survive FL:

- Stop
- Buckle up
- Read what's written
- Don't feel entitled
Oh. Thanks very much for explaining to me that manners is making that person feel like the best person in the world. I am so glad to know that you think so highly of being nice. I am sure you'll do well in life with that attitude!

(06-27-2014, 04:38 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 04:05 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Did I ever say that you wanted people to kiss-ass you? No.

(06-27-2014, 01:44 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: And this is what I mean about you, the admins thinking you're better than everyone else and that we should treat you as Gods. YOU are the few admins who makes people kiss ass because if we don't we get some stupid reply like this that is damn rude.

' Wrote:You feel and you treat yourself because of your rank that you don't have to use manners. Mind explaining this to me?

Gladly. I don't have to be sunshine and rainbows when someone fails to read posting rules. I don't have to tell someone that's he's the smartest boy in the world if he has a set of things to read prior to posting/saying something. Nowhere does it say I have to hold anyone's hand.

I've been here long enough to know that everyone feels entitled to everything, everyone thinks they're special and everyone feels they will make a change. The hard truth is very few make any sort of difference in the long run.

So, to end this purely off-topic discussion, here are some tips for everyone how to survive FL:

- Stop
- Buckle up
- Read what's written
- Don't feel entitled
Has this turned into a "admins aren't polite-thread"?
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
I think this should be closed since it's now a flamewar thread and not a help & support. People who think thet deserve to be staff should show it
[Image: 8KO1g8f.png]
+rep AwestruckBullet for this awesome signature!
I can see this thread being closed soon for the reason they always are: "flame war".

This stops the community from having a voice. If a member posts on a thread with his/her opinion then they should expect replies from people who may have other opinions. When two people have different opinions then there will be arguments.

This thread should be moved to the 'Discussions' sub-forum as the original poster is hardly receiving help or support.
This thread should not be closed.

Let's calm it down a notch here.

Remember:
Fearless is not an organisation/firm/business and thus will not act with such efficiency. It is a GMod game server... it isn't "everything". Every single one of us on the team (except SoulRipper... maybe) are volunteers.

Fearless is not a business... don't think it should act like one.

Humla:
"If I were to put on the "admin shoes" I would sure as hell administrate where it is most needed, pretty logical isn't it?"

Yup. It is logical, but you say that now (you'd sure as hell administrate where it's needed) but after a while you will become less and less active. You will be less motivated. You will not have the "energy" to do what you did when you were newly promoted. Just how things work.

New promotions = High Activity.
Time Progression = Gradually lower activity.
Regards,
aviator
The following 3 users Like aviator's post:
  • Weecow, Duane, JMR
Well said Aviator.

Treating fearless like an organisation just changes the perspective and the respect some users have on administrators. When in reality, FL is run by admins who are just friends, keeping the server in the best shape they can, whilst having a great time.

I made my "mistake" when I treated fearless like an organisation. I hope others do not do the same.
As a part of this commuity i want too put my word in this.

- I've been apart of this community for a long time, the first account got hacked, when a clan called "SkitZCorp" So i had nearly a break on one year.

I've watched the admins moving on, and admins stay. Did you ever wonder..

That admins has their mood aswell, as in which how their real life is, which will affect their mood in the server/game.

Even I has been annoyed by guys breaking the rules, as a player i had no opportunity too get this player banned or kicked..
(unless a Banrequest, but lets be honest noone wants too post 10 banrequest's everyday).

Let me explain some few things for you all..

The word admin is for adminstrating, in this case NOT too make any friends, nor too "RP" the whole time. Their busy, adminstrating the different rule breakers.
If it was me it would be hard too handle these things on the same time. Respect the admins aswell as the players on the server, respect their rules too.

So these words like "lick ass" on the admins, aint a word i would use. Cause who didnt want too befriend an admin, or even a moderator.
Admins has experienced this alot of times, just so the players could get their smiley amongst the admins.

If you wanna make a change start with yourself - No massive rulebreakage, and when confronted about it, ignoring it.

The admins are getting picked up on their way. - Do not say that there is any need for more, if you're the one breaking the rules. (It would be stabbing yourself.)

Lets give the admins, moderators a little breathing moment. When coming too the server, that they can RP aswell. Instead of being called the entire time.

- Do not post a BR the moment you see a rule breaker, /pm him "You're doubledooring, thats against the rules delete it (press Z) - Maybe too help that guy abit. Even tell them too read the rules (Even if their against it.) Help each other guys.

ALWAYS REMEMBER TOO READ THE RULES. AND HELP EACH OTHER - Give the admins are little break, from the flaming..

Sincerly from a guy that learned alot from other players/admins.
In regards to admins being on all the time, from my own personal experience (obviously not as admin of course) when I play a lot, just like most people, I get bored of it after a while. Basically, like has already been stated you can't force an admin to be on any certain server, and when you do, they will enjoy their job a lot less. We all know there's activity issues with the admins, but no server is perfect. Admin inactivity was one of the reasons I had for leaving the actual server, but it's really a hard thing to just fix. With a popular server/community like FL, you have to make sure you trust the person you're promoting. I know, almost every single one of you think you're fit for admin; "I'd be active all the time, never abuse my powers, etc." Let's be honest. If you're an admin, you most likely have around 2,000 hours, you're going to get somewhat tired of playing. The best thing to do right now is let it play out how it is, and start watching players and see if they're fit for the position. In my honest opinion, (which doesn't mean it's CORRECT, it's just my OPINION) I would start promoting some people with less hours, something like 500-700 hours because they'll most likely be playing longer. If there's someone just getting promoted at 2,000 hours or so, from what I've seen, they won't be on the servers much longer. Of course I have no authority here, but I'm just saying what I'd do is something like that. Like many admins have said, they are NOT robots. They're people like us. They have an end, just like us. So please show some respect to the people who deserve it. There's quite a few admins who really do try their best, and I think we should really show at least some respect to them. If you put yourself in their position, it's not as easy as it seems.
[Image: XiLkxQo.jpg]