We need to have a talk about Suits/Dresses As a cop.
I personally don't really care if the police wears a suit/dress or not, as long as they roleplay the job correctly.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 2 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Hendy, BlackDog
I don't really want them to wear dresses. Cops walk around with uniforms for a reason. If you ask me they should not even drive other cars than the police car. It causes confusion, allot of confusion.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Now everybody think back on the times you've shot/been shot/seen an agent or a cop get shot in the middle of a raid because he was wearing a suit and couldn't be distinguished from the raiders.
The following 3 users Like Killjoy's post:
  • Termin, Haarek, Verenikin
(05-06-2013, 02:16 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Now everybody think back on the times you've shot/been shot/seen an agent or a cop get shot in the middle of a raid because he was wearing a suit and couldn't be distinguished from the raiders.

Aslong as you notify your team you're wearing a suit then you should be avoided in the fire line.
Even though let's say my "main character" on FL is that woman with blonde short hair, I still am against wearing a dress as a cop. I always keep my character's gender concealed when I join the government. Changing my name to Officer Worsnop just solves the whole problem.

But SS/Cop female skins would be really nice to have as a new addition to the server. There are suggestions about real female suits. Why not take a look at that and consider implenting something new?
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
Not only that but it would be failRP to have a suit as SS and go into a shootout. No way anyone would let you do that unless you got ambushed Etc.

(05-06-2013, 02:44 PM)Joshua X Wrote:
(05-06-2013, 02:16 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Now everybody think back on the times you've shot/been shot/seen an agent or a cop get shot in the middle of a raid because he was wearing a suit and couldn't be distinguished from the raiders.

Aslong as you notify your team you're wearing a suit then you should be avoided in the fire line.
Pfft, if you see someone running towards you with a gun like that. When he needs to retreat. I usually always shoot them down, sometimes the defenders of the place run outside the base.
If you are found using a suit and running back like that, you will most likely be shot, at least by me.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(05-06-2013, 01:45 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I personally don't really care if the police wears a suit/dress or not, as long as they roleplay the job correctly.

(05-06-2013, 11:13 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Regarding RP as a female officer, wearing a dress:
As the dress is different from a standard cop uniform, don't use it to RP standard cop duties. If you're a Police Sergeant for example, it's plausible that the commanding unit looks a tad different, since he/she's less bound to street-level crime as it is. As a regular officer, I advise using the standard player model, unless you have permission to go Detective or anything special - then, a suit is okay too.

So which one do we follow now though? They both seem legitimate, its just one is more restrictive than the other
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
They're both exactly the same: Suits are okay if the RP is decent. I simply explained it in further detail.
It think there should be a new rule, about not using suits while we're working for the goverment.

Why?

If a guy with a suit (cop) starts saying "get out of the car" or goes to my door, and I watch him trought the camera, I will not have the same reaction if I see a cop without a suit.

Because I'll be thinking it's someone trying to steal my car, or trying to raid me.

This creates confunsion, and sometimes, causes problems.

You guys could even make some changes, that only citizens can wear suits, the others jobs are for rping their respective jobs.

A lot of people is going to disagree, because everyone likes suits, but this would be a great addition to the community, and avoid a lot of problems, and questions.
The reason why none of the admins haven't said a word to you about that is probably because they realise that its not the best idea to argue with Ex SA (e.g. Since your rank is higher, you are highly skilled in RP), don't you think so?