Joey Skylynx's Unban Request
Your name: Joey Skylynx

Your ban ID: 12676

Banned by: Zzzzap

Server: All

Involved: Roughly twenty players rioting.

Why we should unban you:
First off, what I was banned for and why it's incorrect...
I was banned for the following: Random raid, Fail RP, Public building, 13 prior bans
Now at the period of time I was using my hobotower[which has been approved by several admins before] as a Projekt Housing complex behind BP. I was offering this complex as a safe haven for players who didn't want to truly sit around contrafarming and would of preferred to just lay back and have some good times. While I was running this complex one of the locals began to start fights with Police Officers around the city by punching them and running into the tower. This wasn't an issue for awhile, considering most of the officers he attacked would usually just come an arrest him. One of his punches though managed to kill an officer, and the officers thought he had a weapon, and sent the entire police force to capture or kill him.
The story fully started for me while I was walking back from BP, and heard gunshots at the hobotower, and found out that several officers were revenge killing several hobos. I managed to get them to move away, but the damage had already been done. Several hobos were either wounded or dead... Outrage had sparked within the tower, and many of the hobos began demanding that the president give reparations for the damage dealt to the hobo community and that certain officer would be demoted for murder.
The President refused to answer any of these calls and in response several hobos took to the streets and began protesting, blocking traffic, and in general being disorderly. For the most part the cops would step in and arrest several hobos at once almost stopping the protest at points, but a gundealer[whos name I can't remember] contacted me and said he would arm the hobos for revolution. I accepted the offer, and he dropped a shipment of roughly 20 AK-47's and 10 Crowbars at the Hobo Tower, from which every hobo armed themselves and took to the streets firing off AK-47's and flinging crowbars around.
Many adverts popped up stating that the Hobo Revolution had started, and the president was actually daring us to raid the Nexus. Even though it was mostly angered civilians shooting guns off we had a few players going around with molotovs and taking advantage of the riots to go set fire to shops/cars. None of which I had control over.
The riot slowed down when Zzzap demanded that the hobos put away their firearms[or atleast stop firing into the sky and stop chanting 'ak47s for everyone'] but it still kept going with several hobos now joining the people burning shops by throwing beer bottles and boots at shop owners and cops. One shop which had a security contract with FUMUKU was spared from any hobos which were attempting to attack the shop-keep.
It wasn't shortly after the riot had ended that I was banned for apparently Raiding(did not do), Public Building(was never told to delete), Fail RP(we were rioting with a reason), 13 Prior Bans(actually 11... not accounting for rules which don't exist anymore which would bring it too about 7 or 8)
I never raided during this entire period and never was involved with setting fire to shops around the city. I stayed in the gas station area firing off an AK-47 chanting simply 'Ak47s for everyone!' 'Crowbars for everyone!' 'Hobo Revolution!' like many other users in the nearby area.
I simply don't understand why I'm banned for protesting/rioting after my housing area was violently attacked.
Public Building
(08-19-2012, 03:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Now at the period of time I was using my hobotower [which has been approved by several admins before] as a Projekt Housing complex behind BP.

Public building, you need permission from an admin before setting it up. Every. Single. Time. You've been here long enough to know that, especially since we've talked about that hobo tower lots of times.

FailRP
(08-19-2012, 03:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Many adverts popped up stating that the Hobo Revolution had started
(08-19-2012, 03:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: I stayed in the gas station area firing off an AK-47 chanting simply 'Ak47s for everyone!' 'Crowbars for everyone!' 'Hobo Revolution!'
I can't see how that could be considered decent RP.

13 prior bans
(08-19-2012, 03:55 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: 13 Prior Bans (actually 11... not accounting for rules which don't exist anymore which would bring it too about 7 or 8)
Nope, I counted 13. And that doesn't matter whether those rules had been updated or removed, since you broke them while they were in full effect.

The only thing which your side of the story argues against is random raiding. Lets see what Zzzap has to say in regards to your participation of the raids. However, blasting an AK around downtown is already a gray area if it comes to raiding.

Oh, also, from an appeal to your previous ban,
Quote:I do want to make this very clear: Joey Skylynx, your next infraction will lead to a permanent suspension.
You didn't take the warning and just decided to continue with the exact same behavior as before.
I'm sorta confused on how firing of AK-47's in the Gas Station area is considered raiding, and if anything it was a response to government aggression against a public housing complex.
This whole ban truly confuses the crap out of me... I can understand the whole hobo tower being an issue, but everything else seems pretty unrelated.
Quote:I'm sorta confused on how firing of AK-47's in the Gas Station area is considered raiding

That was not the reason why I put "Random raid" in the ban reason. You raided a gunshop in BP, because you "Needed ammo for your work"
You cannot raid people because you need ammo. You damn right know that too.

FailRP?
Oh boy.
Joey, you were a HOBO with a damn TOWER in the middle of the city?? Not to mention you gave out weapons to everyone and shot people randomly from your tower with an AK47.
How can an hobo obtain an Ak-47 and even give them out to people? And dont bullshit me with "AK47 IS A CHEAP GUN HURR"
Also, I even warned you in @@@ saying your next ban will be a permanent one, yet you still kept fail RPing.
And you probably wonder why the cops raided your tower? YOU WERE STANDING WITH AN AK-47 SHOOTING AT PEOPLE FROM IT

jesus, where is peoples damn common sense these days?!
(08-19-2012, 08:54 AM)Zzzzap Wrote:
Quote:I'm sorta confused on how firing of AK-47's in the Gas Station area is considered raiding

That was not the reason why I put "Random raid" in the ban reason. You raided a gunshop in BP, because you "Needed ammo for your work"
You cannot raid people because you need ammo. You damn right know that too.
Organizing a robbery with two people is considered Random Raiding...? I went into his shop area, and demanded five pistol ammo[it's below the $2000 per person limit] and the first thing he did was ran and called you over. This was also about roughly 45 Minutes before the hobo incident when ECPD was chasing after me for owning a crowbar. Hence why I robbed the store for five pistol ammo. I needed something which could actually viably take on the police.

FailRP?
Oh boy.
Joey, you were a HOBO[Owner of Project Housing/Unemployed] with a damn TOWER[Project Housing] in the middle of the city??

Not to mention you gave out weapons to everyone[Which was given to me after the initial raid by the police] and shot people randomly from your tower with an AK47. I don't recall shooting anyone. Maybe someone else was up there shooting one of the 20 AK47s I received from a gundealer?
How can an hobo obtain an Ak-47 and even give them out to people? And dont bullshit me with "AK47 IS A CHEAP GUN HURR"
Why can't hobos have firearms? Maybe they stole them...? Maybe someone gave them to us(which is the story funny enough)? Why do things have to be black and white with RP. If I was given the firearms from a 3rd Party and it influenced a popular uprising it's gonna happen.
Also, I even warned you in @@@ saying your next ban will be a permanent one, yet you still kept fail RPing.
'Everyone stop firing guns off in the street!' is all I remember seeing in the admin quotes.
And you probably wonder why the cops raided your tower? YOU WERE STANDING WITH AN AK-47 SHOOTING AT PEOPLE FROM IT
I never shot anyone...? Most the AK-47's were donated from a gun dealer, and I never even shot at anyone in the server. If anyone did it was probably the cops returning after the first attack when we were armed.

jesus, where is peoples damn common sense these days?!
The entire incident before the Hobo Tower Raid was a perfectly legitimate robbery. I went there and held the gun dealer up with a crowbar[with two others] for pistol ammo, he refused and constantly broke metagame and called you over because he didn't want to be robbed[breaking fear rp?], and you yelled at me for random raiding when I was pulling off a robbery which happened to have a reason. I was robbing within the limits of the server, it was one robbery, and it could of been avoided had the gun dealer hired the multiple security groups offering services in the server.
I'm rather dumbfounded on where your getting the assumption I was shooting at people considering when I armed up with AK-47, I was out with the others in the street shooting them into the sky.
I know you'll probably backhand me for saying this, but can you provide any form of logs or anything to show that I had harmed someone?
Not true. You said you needed rifle ammo for your highway patrol job ..
If it was allowed to just raid because you need ammo or are too cheap to buy them, how fun do you think it is being a gundealer then? Getting constantly raided and can't do anything about it? That's not how things work at Fearless.

I indeed did use @@@ to warn you, how can you even miss that?

[Owner of Project Housing/Unemployed]
Thats funny, your job title said "Hobo".

I did not directly see if you killed anybody, but I saw you shooting at officers from your tower.
(08-19-2012, 10:11 AM)Zzzzap Wrote: Not true. You said you needed rifle ammo for your highway patrol job ..
If it was allowed to just raid because you need ammo or are too cheap to buy them, how fun do you think it is being a gundealer then? Getting constantly raided and can't do anything about it? That's not how things work at Fearless.

I indeed did use @@@ to warn you, how can you even miss that?

[Owner of Project Housing/Unemployed]
Thats funny, your job title said "Hobo".

I did not directly see if you killed anybody, but I saw you shooting at officers from your tower.
That's a fact of life. When you are a shopkeeper you need to expect the unexpected, and getting robbed is one of them... Even gun stores in my local area have armed security as a safety precaution. I planned the robbery out and waited till it was an off-period where no one was around, and springed into action and robbed him. It's only random from the gundealers perspective because he wasn't expecting it.
I'll be honest with you... When I ran sushi-shops I was robbed all the time. It's why one of my friends use to hide under the table playing music while holding a gun.

And whats wrong with simply just being whatever? Why must I be cemented into one role with no room for wiggle?

I still don't recall shooting at anyone. If I shot at anyone it was probably because they tried shooting at me first, but I honestly don't remember anyone shooting at me or me shooting back.
The thing I find really odd is how a Hobo would get his hands on an AK-47, since they basically beg for money, sell empty bottles and cans to recycling and eat out of the trash, that seems too impossible and failish.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
Also how could a hobo afford to waste ammo by shooting it in the air to "Protest"?
(08-19-2012, 09:59 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: I went there and held the gun dealer up with a crowbar[with two others] for pistol ammo, he refused and constantly broke metagame and called you over because he didn't want to be robbed[breaking fear rp?], and you yelled at me for random raiding when I was pulling off a robbery which happened to have a reason. I was robbing within the limits of the server, it was one robbery, and it could of been avoided had the gun dealer hired the multiple security groups offering services in the server.

So, when the other guy doesn't have security it's perfectly OK to raid? Uhm. No.

(08-19-2012, 10:22 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: It's why one of my friends use to hide under the table playing music while holding a gun.
I know it's irrelevant to the current case, but damn.