What do you like/hate at FL?
(08-02-2016, 03:12 PM)Random Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 03:07 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 03:05 PM)Random Wrote: Staff are definatley not chosen because of RPP and hours.

There's staff that have less RPP and less hours than teachers and even normal players.
To me it seems like, they are chosen based on they knowledge to the rules, game mode and behavior.

But what about the other part I stated about being close to the admins? There's definitely a much higher chance of getting the role.

I don't know. But I would think so, yes. Not for the bare fact that you play with admins, but because Admins get to see how you act and how you react to diffrent scenarios.

Anyway, lets stay on topic!

He was on topic, since this is in the discussion section
1. What at FL annoys you so much you'd consider leaving?

The general attitude of about half the community, when everything and everyone was way more friendly and dandy in 2014 and before.
The ignorance.
The staff hate paired with ignorance.

2. What at FL do you love so much that you'd want it to last forever?

The friendships you get to create with people.
The creativity of some of the playerbase.

3. What do you think should change at FL?

Mainly again just the whole attitude of the playerbase.
People are so incredibly hostile towards one another and so filled with hate, jumping at every chance they get to spread it around.
There's too many people with anger issues within the community.
(08-02-2016, 03:07 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 03:05 PM)Random Wrote: Staff are definatley not chosen because of RPP and hours.

There's staff that have less RPP and less hours than teachers and even normal players.
To me it seems like, they are chosen based on they knowledge to the rules, game mode and behavior.

But what about the other part I stated about being close to the admins? There's definitely a much higher chance of getting the role.

Of course, nobody denies that when you're regularly playing with an admin/admins and you create a friendship with them you'll probably have higher chances to get promoted.
This doesn't mean just anyone gets promoted though, but it's obvious how it's like that because you just get to know the persons behaviour and easily get to have a better look at how he'd perform as a staff member.
The following 2 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Random, Jonas
(08-02-2016, 02:51 PM)SirMinus Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 07:19 AM)aviator Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 10:41 PM)SirMinus Wrote: What I think should change at FL is the way that mods and admins are selected

How so?

For me, I'm not sure if it's GMod or just Fearless, but recently (as in post-2014) my FPS has taken a huge turn for the worst to the point Flight Sim X feels smoother than GMod... :S

I feel that they are chosen mainly for their RPP/hours and the amount of time they spend around staff. I think that needs to change. People can be one way when in the presence of staff and completely different when they are with normal users.

Just my opinion.

I disagree, for example I grinded my ass off in the past 5 years, after 4 years (August 2015) I finally got the chance to help out as staff member and I know for a matter of fact that most current staff members grinded and worked hard for it too.
(08-02-2016, 03:31 PM)Jan Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 10:41 PM)SirMinus Wrote: *snip*
*snip*
*snip*

I disagree, for example I grinded my ass off in the past 5 years, after 4 years (August 2015) I finally got the chance to help out as staff member and I know for a matter of fact that most current staff members grinded and worked hard for it too.

Anyway, I'm gonna mute myself now.
(08-02-2016, 03:31 PM)Jan Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 10:41 PM)SirMinus Wrote: What I think should change at FL is the way that mods and admins are selected

How so?

For me, I'm not sure if it's GMod or just Fearless, but recently (as in post-2014) my FPS has taken a huge turn for the worst to the point Flight Sim X feels smoother than GMod... :S

I feel that they are chosen mainly for their RPP/hours and the amount of time they spend around staff. I think that needs to change. People can be one way when in the presence of staff and completely different when they are with normal users.

Just my opinion.

The thing is that you, had some *cough* Nova incident in your FL history, so you really had to grind your ass, to get trust from soul and co. And from my pov, you weren't that kind of guy who was sticking his tonque into staff ass in order to get promoted.

But there are SO MANY people who obviously do everything to get liking of staff, Its such an obvious asslicking that its even cringe to watch, and they are unlike you, doing that purely to get power, it most likely won't take them 4 years for that sadly.
I became a staff member relatively quickly. 9 months roughly, (including when I was toxic as fuck.) I even got promoted to moderator a month or so after I got a perm ban :o
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 2 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • sebasti161, Wolven
(08-02-2016, 03:14 PM)Agorith Wrote: 1. What at FL annoys you so much you'd consider leaving?

The general attitude of about half the community, when everything and everyone was way more friendly and dandy in 2014 and before.
The ignorance.
The staff hate paired with ignorance.

2. What at FL do you love so much that you'd want it to last forever?

The friendships you get to create with people.
The creativity of some of the playerbase.

3. What do you think should change at FL?

Mainly again just the whole attitude of the playerbase.
People are so incredibly hostile towards one another and so filled with hate, jumping at every chance they get to spread it around.
There's too many people with anger issues within the community.

Same.
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
(08-02-2016, 12:08 AM)Greed^ Wrote: 1. The mob mentality

Sorry for being an absolute ignorant tard but what's a mob mentality? I saw what it meant on google when i searched it but i was wondering what it is in your own words in case you mean something different than what i read.
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
(08-02-2016, 08:24 PM)King Kickass Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 12:08 AM)Greed^ Wrote: 1. The mob mentality

Sorry for being an absolute ignorant tard but what's a mob mentality? I saw what it meant on google when i searched it but i was wondering what it is in your own words in case you mean something different than what i read.

Exactly what google said, you can always PM me for examples
The following 1 user Likes Greed^'s post:
  • King Kickass