Controversial Subject - Actors ban [Open Letter To Soul Included]
(07-27-2014, 06:45 PM)Rain Wrote:
(07-27-2014, 05:13 PM)Gandhi Wrote: -snip-

The only actual useful statement he seems to have made about his ban is "He also says that the only reason he had not been banned up until now was because Soulripper gave permission for Actor to use a second account due to the fact that he had been locked out of the last one."

I just question whether that is true or not of course. Personally I do not believe currently that any of the staff have malicious intentions towards other players as he did actually break the rules. Even if they did "hate" a player and wanted him to be punished, as long as he broke the rules the admin is still in the right. People may not like them for that but as long as they do everything that is required of them as a staff member, then the person who broke the rules to get banned has themselves to blame.

Like I stated before, I realised how stupid I sounded when saying this. But there is evidence of Soul saying this. It's at the top of the original post.
[Image: tumblr_lswmfaXiZ31r38vqro1_500.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Chech's post:
  • yarrrs
Jesus Christ, act0r is not special in any way, shape or form. He is just another player who got banned for breaking the rules. End of story. I don't know why everyone is making such a big fuss over it. And it's not helping our views on act0r or anyone else contributing to the case by making conspiracies.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
I find it weird people are focussing this so much around actor. When actor wrote his "introduction thread" it was very clear this player would show up a couple of times, i ignored it and continued lurking on the forums. But my point is, if this exact situation would have happened to another player i think the same attention would have been drawn.

As for my opinion on the topic:
I followed the abuse case and the UBR of actor. In my opinion actor had a case with his abuse thread, not a big one, but from what i was able to see/read Venom was promoting aggresive RP as an representative of the server that discourages aggresive RP. A while later actor received his permaban for double accounting. And this was actually a huge surprise for me, since his introduction thread was up for a while now and no action was taken. It was clear in the UBR that it was a lost case for actor, he saw too many conspiracies and the UBR was closed (too?) Quickly. But what me surprised even more was his ban from the forums. And this, exactly this action to ban him from the forums was atleast unfavorable timing. Banning players who are accusing admins with the reason "creating shady stories" brings up questions because it sounds very very fishy, if you like it or not. Actor is in no way able to continue to accuse venom now, even if his ban of double accounting was just i think banning him from the forums was a mistake.

I find the entire story fishy. I dont think there is a conspiracy but the administrative team shouldnt act so surprised since they could have seen those accusations coming after this event.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • jfd13
It was all a coincident. His UBR had been up for a while, but I was the one who spotted it.. mainly because the other admins may of just rushed through the post and not ready it all that "well". His admin abuse case on Venom wasn't connected at all. His forum ban was connected to his OLD unban request where he stated he didn't have any access to the pANTIX account, and the courthouse rules says, if you lie in the courthouse you will be permanently banned (from the forums). He made mistakes, which he has to pay for now.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
But dont you agree that this sounds at least a bit weird? I agree that actor should receive punishment for every rule he broke but when you look trough the eyes of a normal community member you see this:

Day 1: actor posts abuse thread on venom
Day 2: actor receives permanent ban for fouble accounting
Day 3: actor receives permanent forum suspension with a vague sounding reason.

Its just very "covinient" for venom and actor blew this out of proportion by accusing the entire admin team of "protecting friends". Once again, im not accusing anyone but this enture situation makes it very easy for people who DO want to accuse people

Im on my mobile, sorry for all the typos.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • jfd13
Sure, it sounds like it could be some shady shit going on. But really, trust me, there wasn't. It was just bad timinig for him, that's all. If the post had been up for so long.. and someone would of actually read it through and seen him DA, why would we wait til "now" and ban him? We wouldn't, so it doesn't make any sense what you are saying.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Baskingner
I do fully agree with you, and i believe this isnt a conspiracy because most admins earned by trust in the time i am here in this community but this reaction:

(07-28-2014, 10:47 AM)Floodify Wrote: So it doesn't make any sense what you are saying.

Leaves me a bit surprised, because it clearly makes sense if you want it to make sense. That is the reason there is so much fuss about it. In literally most forum sections there is a post about this topic. (introductions, disussions, offtopic, ubr and abuse case) if this whole thing was one big clear lie people wouldnt respond like this.
For the sake of preventing a yes/no discussion i can explain to you in PM if you want, why you guys would have waited with banning him if you want to conspiracy to be true.

For now i would say, lets forget this all and just move on with RPing instead of seeking conspiracies Wink
Well, the reason behind all of your belief is because you want to think the worst. That's the human nature, you want to find the bad in people.. well most of you. It's utterly stupid, and no matter how many times I and the staff team says that there were not "evil planning" behind it, you still wouldn't believe us. Telling from our perspective, as an admin from the team, there is no sense in these accusations. Not at all. I was as surprised as you all were when I found out he had double accounted.

But again.. no matter what I say you think there are some shady shit going on. Whatever man.. whatever.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Only thing I don't understand is that, soul posted reply saying that, unless he uses 2nd acc to bypass perm ban, it's okay to use another acc. Later that reply was deleted.