Reintroduction of Superadmin Team?
(03-02-2015, 12:29 AM)Jamster Wrote: -snip-
..Nazi Germany..

Need I elaborate on some past super admins
The following 2 users Like Matrix_'s post:
  • livkx, James_Gaff
Hopefully the right people get promoted, because I can see certain people turning into powerhungry abusers who will only use the rank to their advantage.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • livkx,
(03-02-2015, 12:29 AM)Jamster Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 12:05 AM)Capy Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 12:01 AM)Mustang Wrote: Sounds good that it's back now.

I disagree. It has the possibility to turn the place into a freaking dictatorship or at least a biased area.

Its just a role to make Soul's life easier...

It's not like were giving them the root password for the dedi and shit... Its just so there's more people able to sanction Admin (if needed) and stuff like that... This isn't Nazi Germany where they're gonna assassinate other possible Super Admins...

All I'm saying as that one day there is potential for a major bias situation. Let's have a scenario. Two admins on the team hate a player. That player is being considered for promotion.
Current System - Overwhelming majority of admins look at the player fairly. He gets promoted.
Future System - 2/3 SAs disagree with the promotion due to disliking the player personally. Player is not promoted no matter how good he is.
Bow of course this is only ever an issue if the SAs on the team are shallow idiots. As certain as I am that the SAs chosen to be SA will of course be good people, there is possibility that ONE DAY this is gonna cause issues. Mistakes happen.
(03-02-2015, 12:46 AM)Capy Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 12:29 AM)Jamster Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 12:05 AM)Capy Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 12:01 AM)Mustang Wrote: Sounds good that it's back now.
I disagree. It has the possibility to turn the place into a freaking dictatorship or at least a biased area.
Its just a role to make Soul's life easier...
It's not like were giving them the root password for the dedi and shit... Its just so there's more people able to sanction Admin (if needed) and stuff like that... This isn't Nazi Germany where they're gonna assassinate other possible Super Admins...
All I'm saying as that one day there is potential for a major bias situation. Let's have a scenario. Two admins on the team hate a player. That player is being considered for promotion.
Current System - Overwhelming majority of admins look at the player fairly. He gets promoted.
Future System - 2/3 SAs disagree with the promotion due to disliking the player personally. Player is not promoted no matter how good he is.
Bow of course this is only ever an issue if the SAs on the team are shallow idiots. As certain as I am that the SAs chosen to be SA will of course be good people, there is possibility that ONE DAY this is gonna cause issues. Mistakes happen.
No it wasn't like that at all, it's all admins vote that count before and after SA time. SAs, owner or player, your rank is as valuable as any in terms of promotion suggesting/voting. In fact, there is risk for more biasim as it is now than it is when there is eg. 3 people. Choosing SA as e.g Narc was a mistake in the end due to obvious reasons.. but such mistake isn't close to happen again - I assure you, even though I'm not an admin. Not saying Narc didn't do things that wasn't good, but it was badly shadowed by his bad choices.

Current system is badly ineffective. SA's doesn't have some super voting powers, sure in matters of handling a staff member they do and the current system is like that too. But SA will not have to run to soul every minute with SA team..
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Oh come on, stop the cospiracies already

Temar is one of the longest standing staff members on FL (and from what info we have now) he just got promoted to SA, do you then think that the SA team will be filled with powerhungry, corrupt admins? When only the most loyal people can get there?

I thought so
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Basically it will be the opposite of a dictatorship as I will decide more things with the SA together.

Thanks for your concern though it shows you care about FL.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 4 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • livkx, Burnett, James_Gaff, Suarez
(03-02-2015, 12:52 AM)Voluptious Wrote: Oh come on, stop the cospiracies already

Temar is one of the longest standing staff members on FL (and from what info we have now) he just got promoted to SA, do you then think that the SA team will be filled with powerhungry, corrupt admins?

I thought so

I never said it will be. I said there is a slim chance that one day there could be bias. Not some dramatic corruption shit.
(03-02-2015, 12:52 AM)Voluptious Wrote: Do you then think that the SA team will be filled with powerhungry, corrupt admins? When only the most loyal people can get there?
Yeah, because once you're there you have nothing above you, look at how Narcotic acted when he was SA. Look how certain admins acted when they were admin, like Ruxandra.

Loyality means nothing once you reach such a high rank, and it has been proved countless of times.
The following 5 users Like Jan's post:
  • Voluptious, Benporium, Safira, Craz,
(03-02-2015, 12:56 AM)Jan Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 12:52 AM)Voluptious Wrote: Do you then think that the SA team will be filled with powerhungry, corrupt admins? When only the most loyal people can get there?
Yeah, because once you're there you have nothing above you, look at how Narcotic acted when he was SA. Look how certain admins acted when they were admin, like Ruxandra.

Loyality means nothing once you reach such a high rank, and it has been proved countless of times.

Point taken, but i bet Soul and co learned from their mistakes, i hightly doubt we will see another narc or Rux
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
(03-01-2015, 11:57 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Super admins is a plural, that means some candidates will be promoted.

An announcement will be made then.

Gee, I fucking wonder who?