What windows users do to macs... (including me)
Mac is a great working computer. I got a iMac 27" that i use for different things like image editing, video editing and such. Apple is a great company, and Macs is all worth the money.

Stop hatin'

(03-06-2012, 12:43 PM)Tingfinder Wrote: Mac is a great working computer. I got a iMac 27" that i use for different things like image editing, video editing and such. Apple is a great company, and Macs is all worth the money.

Stop hatin'

Windows is just better.
Lets roll, I love those discussions.

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 1 - No price premium for flashy design
There still isn’t a PC maker on the planet that can hold a candle to Apple when it comes to product design. Macs routinely cost more than their PC equivalents.

Yes the price argument, it is true that they are expensive, still the thing you get, unibody etc is high quality, I've got my MBP Early 2011 now since about 1 year using it every day, it looks like new and I never had any problems with either hard or software. It's running as fast as it did when I bought it, I take about 20 seconds to do a full reboot from pressing restart on the desktop to being back on the desktop and starting a browser, speaks for itself I would say, that's something you won't see on a Windows PC.

Also, be honest, a MacBook Pro looks fucking awesome.

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 2- thousands of decent games
There is no comparison to Mac on that fact that windows is better for a gamer

Well, this is not an argument supporting that 'Mac sucks'. Mac is able to run pretty much all of the games, just as every other computer, the only reason it can't is because a majority of the companies develops games for the majority of players, because most of the people are using Windows it is quite obvious that they will develop their games mainly for Windows.
As Mac users have increased throughout the years games have been more and more available for Macs, for example Steam running on Mac has been a giant leap forward, making Mac users able to run all of their favorite games. I can tell you, there is barely a difference of running a game on Mac or on Windows.

Yes if you want to play games you are probably better of with Windows IF they are not supported on Mac. Still this is not an argument saying that Mac sucks. Just because the games are not developped for Mac mainly doesn't mean the system itself is bad, it's just that not that many people have a Mac.

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 3- two mouse buttons!!!
Being able to copy and paste shit is always fun eh!!! Never get the swiftness in a mac.

I don't really know what you mean. You can 1. configure your trackpad to have two mouse buttons, it will assign a specific area of the trackpad as right click, works without problesm just as on any other laptop 2. you configure the trackpad so if you click/tap with two fingers it does a right click OR 2. you plug in a mouse.

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 4- customizable options
With a pc you can open you case not having to worry about voiding warranty. Windows encourages you to add newly updated harware, it helps with the troubleshooting of operating systems.

You can do pretty much the same with a Mac Pro too, we're talking about normal big computers here though, not about laptops or similar. I can open my MacBook and change hardware too if I feel like it, yes it breaks my warranty, but the same will happen if you open a Dell laptop running Windows.

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 5- repair costs
Repair cost of a Mac are outrageous!!! And only apple technicians can touch them, on top of all that there is a pitiful 1 year warranty... Wtf!?!?!

I've got a 3 year warranty. In the first month when I had my Mac, I spilled soup over the keyboard, the whole thing went crazy, I went to the next Apple Store, they repaired it within 1 day for free, the repair was worth about 800€, they replaced the whole keyboard and bottom part of it, everything brand new, for free.

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 6-product outdatement
Mac has the tendency to produce a product and one year later coming out with a completely identical piece of shit ( iPad 1st gen to the second gen!!!!) are you guys freaking blind... It's the same product but with a camera... It's like if windows came out with windows 8 a year after windows 7. Relase date officers at apple are sneaky Jews.

Yes, the iPad2 looked exactly the same, the interior completely changed though, that's the important part, same for the iPhone4S or other products. The changes were not as significant as it would be a whole new product but there were significant improvements, where's the problem with that? People don't have to get the new one when they already have the old one, Apple just gives them the opportunity to get a newer and improved version of the other product.
Also this is against Apple itself, the iPad doesn't have to do anything with a Mac computer. They are being updated pretty much every year, where's the problem here?

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 7 - The CD-ROM has an eject button
With a pc you can actually eject a disk!!!! Wow never heard of that befor!?!?! It's true there is no eject buttons for mac.

I've got an eject button right here on my keyboard.

Yes, it's not next to the CD insert thingy but, does that matter? I don't think so.

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 8 - Far better media capability
With windows you can play any freaking media extention your heart desires ( with the aid of VLC or related programs)

I've got VLC right here on my Mac, I can play any format never had one I couldn't play.

Also you are trying to tell me that Windows is the better computer for media work? I think 99% of all people working in graphics areas or having anything to do with media will say you are wrong.

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 9 - The menu is where?
For an interface that’s supposed to be intuitive, design-led and superior to Windows, Mac OS has some pretty odd quirks. One of the most annoying is that the menu bar for any given application isn’t actually attached to the app itself: it sits at the top of the screen in one of the most bizarre forms of conceptual detachment we’ve seen in a long time.

This is a thing you just have to get used to for a week, once you did that you will find it great. Unlike in Windows this actually saves space on the screen as you don't have two bars, one of them being quite useless. It's quite handy to have the SAME bar for every program. The positive effects are that it always has the same structure for every program, meaning that once you find 'preferences' in one, it will be in the same spot for most of the other programs, just as an example.
Also why would every program need its own menu bar in addition to the system bar? As long as the program is not active, so you are tabbed out of it you don't need the bar, with Mac you will always only see the bar of the ACTIVE program, changing programs changes the bar. Why would you need to see the Firefox menu while being in Photoshop e.g.?

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 10 - Build your own computer
Macs are like Happy Meals: there’s a shiny menu to choose from, but very little real variety on offer. The open architecture of the PC platform, on the other hand, means you can build your own PC from the ground up (or pay someone to do it for you). With your own choice of case, CPU, monitor and other components, you might even end up with a system designed for your personal workspace, rather than for a penthouse condo on the expensive side of town.

Well there are certain variations you can choose from when ordering your Mac, unlike to Windows you are indeed bound to specific products. Those products are high quality products though, they are no random constellation of different parts, they are chosen with care and work together perfectly, clearly shown by the perfect performance of the product itself. Less variety but you can't tell me that the products don't have a certain quality.
So yes, you can't say you want 1-800-cheap-RAM-and-CPU-parts-please.

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 11-freedom
Its just as simple as, windows has more freedom to play around, tweak, poke around in the filesystem. And if you *** up your system, you can always install windows again...

I can do that too? I can play around, change everything, access my filesystem and change system files, if I fuck it up I simply restore it from my backup which is automatically created by my TimeMachine every hour. If that doesn't work I reinstall it?

(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: These are a few reasons why owning a pc is better than owning a Mac. There is still many reasons I haven't listed as to why macs are piles of useless junk.

BAM!

Go for more. It seems more like you don't like Macs in general for whatever reason as you can't say they are 'a pile of useless junk', it's a computer just like yours, the difference is mainly the operating system. I can do what you can do, why is my computer useless junk?

Dare to think!
The following 7 users Like Nudelholz's post:
  • Sommer, Mahti, PiqueRoz, StillAlive, Blonde, equal, edgie
I Got a mac too. I Got it at my boarding school when i started there, it is actually not as bad as everyone says it is. Its twice as fast as my windows even though my windows got 3 times better specs. And they're great for working. Even if you can't play all the games you can just Bootcamp your mac.
(03-06-2012, 12:52 PM)Nudelholz Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 12:22 PM)Jan Wrote: 5- repair costs
Repair cost of a Mac are outrageous!!! And only apple technicians can touch them, on top of all that there is a pitiful 1 year warranty... Wtf!?!?!

I've got a 3 year warranty. In the first month when I had my Mac, I spilled soup over the keyboard, the whole thing went crazy, I went to the next Apple Store, they repaired it within 1 day for free, the repair was worth about 800€, they replaced the whole keyboard and bottom part of it, everything brand new, for free.

but the real question is, did they refund the soup you spilled over it?
The following 2 users Like Mini-Shox's post:
  • Sommer, Anakonda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3h6kOLYG...re=related
Lol, so anyway, here's my answer..

Who gives a shit

Seriously, I use both, they're both fine. Neither is anything special, but unless you're getting a supercomputer, what is? It's just a piece of hardware, electronics, tons of 0s and 1s.
It's got nothing on the complexity of biology or chemistry, such as the human body. Maybe you guys should start looking after your bodies more instead of your computers Wink

(03-06-2012, 04:54 PM)Faustie Wrote: Lol, so anyway, here's my answer..

Who gives a shit

Seriously, I use both, they're both fine. Neither is anything special, but unless you're getting a supercomputer, what is? It's just a piece of hardware, electronics, tons of 0s and 1s.
It's got nothing on the complexity of biology or chemistry, such as the human body. Maybe you guys should start looking after your bodies more instead of your computers Wink

Faustie, Faustie, when will you ever stop being the macho?
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Colonel Burger, Anakonda
(03-06-2012, 04:59 PM)Jan Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 04:54 PM)Faustie Wrote: Lol, so anyway, here's my answer..

Who gives a shit

Faustie, Faustie, when will you ever stop being the macho?

He's just the superior Alpha Male he is, he can't help it.
Windows will always win no matter how many viruses we get. Cheese

its called antivirus mac users we use them to get rid of things called viruses.