If BlackDog Was Not Demoted.
(05-20-2012, 05:22 AM)Toxic Wrote: All bullshit aside, the thread that you posted, nudel, refers to ever-going search for happiness, not dealing with a - shall we say - negative turn.

Or if there's something I'm missing in it?

Also, do you study psych at all nudel?

Oh, thanks for telling me what that article was about.

I'll quote the important part out of the article for you:

Quote:The model consists of two major components: the need to keep having new and positive life-changing experiences and the need to keep appreciating what you already have and not want more too soon."

Quote:"The majority got used to the change that had made them happy in the first place," Sheldon said. "They stopped being happy because they kept wanting more and raising their standards, or because they stopped having fresh positive experiences of the change, for example they stopped doing fun things with their new boyfriend and started wishing he was better looking. A few were able to appreciate what they had and to keep having new experiences. In the long term, those people tended to maintain their boost, rather than falling back where they started."

And no, I am not studying psychology at the moment, I did in school and I will in university though.
Dare to think!
beflok - Don't appreciate it? Did i ever say i was not? No. And when you are, i am glad, but i am not going to openly say "Hey man glad you are doing your job" because that would sound just rude, because i know you spend more than the time you are obliged to, and you have done great for the community. This thread isnt about particular people.

@Nudel - I never posted anything disrespecting or complaining before about admins not being on during different timezones, you may have me confused. And if you think minges a "no big whoop" then that is certainly your own opinion, and sure every server has them and i am just emotionally derailed from them.

Yep, i was not thinking when i said the "Boo Hoo Wakeup" i dont know, sometimes these little suckers who ruin everyones fun get inside my head. When i lose hard earned, time spent, and money earned, it brings me to anger. The Kid today was killing me, and others at constant intervals, usually wiping me of any weapon i had to defend myself. Sorry for making it look like i was complaining about Mahti, but i mean he was awake, saw the pictures, went away, came back, then set it to @Asleep. He could have just went offline, or told me >.<

Anyways, sorry for making look like i do not appreciate any of the admin work, because i do, but i tend to make my posts look like complete sh***
If Mahti wants to sleep, let Mahti sleep.
Mahti deserves some sleepy time.

Mahti Heart
The following 4 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Nevy, Spartan, equal, blusheep23
The admin winner of the month is :..... BEFLOK!!!

No, really... he is always in the server XD. Cheese
R+ L = J

I support neither side, however I am against these sorts of threads as they are made to simply cause arguments. Also may I point out there is some serious ass kissing In this thread.
Andreas, please don't start unnecessary discussions.

- Nudelholz
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

The following 1 user Likes Andreas's post:
  • Dubwub
Seriously people calm the F*** down the admins are doing the best they can and all of us should appreciate that and not go ape s**t because one or two problems happend. Think about this. Administrating is NOT a job it's something they do in their free time to improve this community for the better of the player base. And sure call it the worst day in FL history and ill laugh at you and say not even close. I have been on days that have been 100 times worse and then admins have been online. So everyone calm down and don't go whine your head off and be ungrateful because the admins are doing their best and im happy as long as i know that the admins do their best. And also you Nevinator tell them to get up and admin even if they are tiered. They are not freaking Robots , its not a full time job its their hobby they do this because they want to help the server so please by all means stop whining or in my honest personal opinion leave. And i also wan't to take this opportunity to thank all the admins and people that work on this server. Don't let nevinator make you think we are all ungrateful i appreciate your hard work so i only want to say Thank you FL admins for doing your best always

Your's Sincerely
Ghost_walker
Veteran Soldier of The Black Talon
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Thread made to complain; that's all this is. I understand your anger Nevinator, I experienced a similar time on 33x but that was dealt with. To be honest, this is a gaming community and not a country or corporation. It is run and maintained for pleasure and enjoyment and I think when people take it too seriously it defeats the purpose. Some admins are more active then others and that is the way it always will be.

Peace,
Adam
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Nevy
(05-20-2012, 04:36 AM)Nudelholz Wrote: I'm growing sick of the constat critic you give us here, you act like we wouldn't do anything for the servers.
If no one criticized anything it would lead to everything becoming stale.

So there was one epic minge online and spawned big props? What's that big whoop about, happens every 10 minutes on a DarkRP server - happens one time on the FL server and the whole world is going down and getting described as 'the worst day I have ever had on FL'? - Have a whinge mate.
So people are realizing that City RP is pretty much cars and suits added to Dark RP?

You take a screenshot when there is no admin on the server atm and it's full of players - well this happens sometimes, we are not some professional company who can offer 24/7 admin coverage on our servers - I don't know how often I have read/written this sentence in the past years but admins do their job voluntary, they don't get anything for it and they do it whenever they can/want to do it, if an admin is tired let him be tired and stop critizing him personally as if it would be compulsory for him to be on the server all of the time, while he is awake.
All though this is fully understandable I would still prefer the inactive admins be put on temporary leave, and a trial-like admin position will be opened so that we can have some more active admins to lessen the stress on Beflok, Alexia, and Rux. Not only does this give an active admin team which can be spread out through the timezones, but it gives other admins time to relax.

So, if we would do it your way, we should just promote some people from which we think they are ok for the job? Well, I give you 1 week and 20 people will whinge on how bad our choice was and how unfair/corrupt this community is and how we are not able to select the right people. We take time with promoting new admins because we want them to last, this takes time but it is the better solution for the future.
Refer to my last bolded quote.

If an admin gets demoted because he did a mistake it's not OUR fault, it's HIS fault for doing the mistake, don't come whinging to us for demoting him, complain for him for doing the mistake, because this is the only reason he was not able to help you.
But the mistake was so small that in most other communities it would only warrant probation and stiff warning. As far as I've gotten from Soul it was a 30-45 minute decision on his part.

The whole team is working their ass off here receives constant whinging for this because of it, sorry but if you are not satisfied here you are welcome to leave, shut up and find the non-existent community you describe in your dreams, no rulebreakers, full time admin coverage, rainbows, unicorns and flowers.
As much as I respect people for voluntary baby-sitting, I like to judge people by their character, and not suck them off for being an admin. Regarding the last part a lot of people are just being constructive and in certain cases pointing on the repercussions of decisions made by the owners of the community. Telling them to leave for criticizing something is as bad if not worse as the whole 'Its semi-serious' as a given reason to why suggestions are denied with no logical input/output.

//By the way, have a read here and think about it carefully: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=13317
Even though City RP is working, people evolve to see things which they can see as going rye.
Ie. The Police Force being underpowered, glitches being exploited(+Reload in Fishing), and no true motive to actually RP.
It's not people getting bored, but people realizing problems within City RP.

Yay being human.

(05-20-2012, 09:26 AM)Andreas Wrote: In my eyes it looks more like Blackdog is mad because he got demoted :-)
He hasn't even posted anything aside from, "A man can dream"...?
The following 1 user Likes Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Nevy
(05-20-2012, 04:36 AM)Nudelholz Wrote: I'm growing sick of the constat critic you give us here, you act like we wouldn't do anything for the servers.

So there was one epic minge online and spawned big props? What's that big whoop about, happens every 10 minutes on a DarkRP server - happens one time on the FL server and the whole world is going down and getting described as 'the worst day I have ever had on FL'? - Have a whinge mate.

You take a screenshot when there is no admin on the server atm and it's full of players - well this happens sometimes, we are not some professional company who can offer 24/7 admin coverage on our servers - I don't know how often I have read/written this sentence in the past years but admins do their job voluntary, they don't get anything for it and they do it whenever they can/want to do it, if an admin is tired let him be tired and stop critizing him personally as if it would be compulsory for him to be on the server all of the time, while he is awake.

So, if we would do it your way, we should just promote some people from which we think they are ok for the job? Well, I give you 1 week and 20 people will whinge on how bad our choice was and how unfair/corrupt this community is and how we are not able to select the right people. We take time with promoting new admins because we want them to last, this takes time but it is the better solution for the future.

If an admin gets demoted because he did a mistake it's not OUR fault, it's HIS fault for doing the mistake, don't come whinging to us for demoting him, complain for him for doing the mistake, because this is the only reason he was not able to help you.

The whole team is working their ass off here receives constant whinging for this because of it, sorry but if you are not satisfied here you are welcome to leave, shut up and find the non-existent community you describe in your dreams, no rulebreakers, full time admin coverage, rainbows, unicorns and flowers.

//By the way, have a read here and think about it carefully: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=13317

Exactly my feelings, thanks for posting.

Respect is gone a long time ago. But I will continue and never give up, as the veteran with his injured legs. I don't care anymore if people call me corrupt, a dictator, narrow-minded, unfair etc etc. I will continue leading FL as I do for years now, and everybody who doesn't like that, is their problem. I know that there are still a bunch of people who enjoy Fearless and that's where I do it for.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 4 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Foxy The Pirate, Nudelholz, Noobias, Holdem