Rules overhaul (IMPORTANT)
I don't personally disagree with a ruling which allows INGAME, IN-CHARACTER racism/sexism/etc., since it literally happens all the time on Serious Roleplay. If you want a place where people won't be swearing, belittling, or derogatory, you can always try Club Penguin or Singleplayer mode. If a person goes on to start insulting people out-of-character, that will warrant a suspension since they've decided to make an issue personal. Roleplay isn't supposed to be sunshine and Utopia, it's supposed to attempt to simulate an environment where you can be something you're not. It just so happens that CityRP is supposed to encompass real life on a smaller and simpler scale.
Online interactions not rated. Wink
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 2 users Like Toxic's post:
  • already_fallen, jimmyboyo
(05-24-2015, 10:16 PM)SirCrow Wrote: The new rules have been discussed by almost every staff member, not everyone agrees with the rules about discrimination being allowed, but we feel it will only allow better RP from the community. Laws may be made against discrimination. By no means are we encouraging ANY player to play as ANY type of discriminatory "person." We have only allowed you to do so if you wish. We've chosen to attempt to step back and allow things to be handled ICly. We will NOT allow players to abuse this rule about discrimination, if you feel the need to be racist towards a black player model, you may now do so. We're not tell you to go scream derogatory language at everyone, in fact, if that's all you plan to do, you'll still be punished, as it is stated in the rule; do not do this to excess or if it doesn’t fit your character’s roleplay.

We've allowed this community the chance to take RP in a different directions, and you're doing nothing but complaining (mostly) about a single rule. Most of you are willing to accept slang, but not a single one of you can tell me why. Slang is still discrimination, I don't care if it's used more in real life instances, it comes from a derogatory term. What's the difference, it all means the same thing.

Back on track here, I'm happy these rules have come into play, players are now able to act ICly instead of having to call an admin for everything. If you get punched, you call the cops or swing back. This is a roleplay server, you're allowed to roleplay deeper now.

Im sorry Crow, but how can you say that? You went on a anti-racism crusade the moment you became an administrator. Heck, you even banned people for playing songs with the word n1gger in it trough their mics.

I understand why this decision was made but at least show some understanding towards players who dont like this new rule instead of gangbanging on one person with the entire team when you clearly disagreed on this in the past.

Also i was wondering, what will happen with people who do RapeRP? Will this now be allowed as well? 
RapeRP is still not allowed.

As I said, not everyone agrees with this ruling upon the new rules, but most of the team feel it to bring more RP to the servers. I don't agree with any discrimination, but I do feel it will allow players to RP better. I don't like blatant racism, nor slang. We (The FL Staff members) have decided upon these set of rules, these area the rules that will be enforced.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
I apologies for the disorganization. However the Thread is being close for a trail period of time to prevent any further conflict that has emerged. I would like all involved people to stop and rethink what they are putting on these forums and look at both sides before criticizing the decisions of our staff. We have put a lot of the thought and effort into these changes and we want to ensure you know the whole situation before posting the future.

Thank you for posting your opinions.
Closed (For now to prevent escalations)
Reopen Date: 5/26/2015 - 12:00 GMT +1

Fearless Administrator,
~Obay
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
Let's not close this thread. It's a discussion about the rules. Let's not mute our population. Let's listen to their concerns.

CityRP is from us all.

I ask the person who closed this thread to re-open it.

We disallow rape RP because it's just not tolerated and same should be for racism. May hurt people's feelings and that's not what we want.

Why not get rid of this particular rule, I think 90% of the people were fine with the anti-racism rule.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  •
The deadline has been exceeded and the staff have agreed to re-open the thread:
Rules:
  • Do not insult other or their opinions
  • Do be aggressive towards of the players and 'Argue' if you do not agree with them
  • Be polite when challenging other members decisions
  • Follow all other Pre-existing Forum rules and respect them 
What to do when replying to other members opinions:
Be polite and respectable to their view and be sure to review your wording.  Make sure you allow yourself to see both sides the of the point stated and fully understand them before deciding on your opinion.
Challenge them within a respectable manner and be sure to be positive.
Do not troll or attempt to victimize the player because of their view or opinion (This is bullying and will not be tolerated) 

Thank you to all players that have been mature prior to this closure and please continue within this manner.
Thank you.

Fearless Administrator,
~Obay  
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
Why is it all these announcement threads are getting stupidly out of hand all the time?

I think this is a good step in the right direction for FL and will help re-clarify the rules. Thankyou to all those who worked on the new rules.
The following 1 user Likes James_Gaff's post:
  • Obay
Not sure if I like the new rules just yet, I guess it depends on how the rest of the playerbase adapts to them.
Off-Topic: Ms. Mudpie, you're a f*cking legend.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
I can see where people are getting confused now: the rules state that you're allowed to call someone a "nigger" in-character, but you're not encouraged to do so.

However, reading through this thread again, I'm wondering if the rule should be revoked after all since apparently most of this community isn't mature enough to handle such adult themes.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 1 user Likes Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • Nacreas
(05-25-2015, 12:44 PM)Ms. Mudpie Wrote: I can see where people are getting confused now: the rules state that you're allowed to call someone a "nigger" in-character, but you're not encouraged to do so.

However, reading through this thread again, I'm wondering if the rule should be revoked after all since apparently most of this community isn't mature enough to handle such adult themes.

All I am saying is that no, a good majority of people are too immature to deal with it.
We have a good majority of young people on the server, and in modern culture, we are actually getting somewhere in preventing racism, why should it be allowed in a game? I say that, because people will say "why can we rob stores IG?" and stuff, but there is a cap on that, with the fact that it isn't realistic. Racism and sexism is verbal, something that you can do IRL, which can affect people IRL even in character.
This is just going too extreme, it is an utter pathetic idea, and it is allowing abuse.