FireIce(GameDev)
(06-21-2021, 12:54 PM)Pollux Wrote: Hello FireIce,

I was the one who banned you after myself and several other staff members online investigated your behaviour. We were first notified after police arrested you in your little box in one of the pearl plaza stores, they sent an @ call saying you were likely using anti-AFK scripts. After the @ call mostly all of us online came to investigate and witnessed suspicious behaviour while you were still in jail. Here's a summary of your behaviour yesterday:

Every 18 seconds, you would manufacture a batch of watermelon from the F1 menu
Every 20 seconds, you would press W followed by S

This behaviour was consistent for over the 10 minutes myself and several other staff watched you for and the timings are accurate to the millisecond. I can see the actual period of time you used the script for was significantly longer though. I used several admin and developer tools to be 100% sure that you were using a script and I am still fully confident that you were. I'm not interested in you being able to recall anything we said, you didn't respond to several admins in-game and I'm sure you'll just be saying it from your recording.

I see no reason for this UBR to be approved, if anything it should be extended due to your use of cheats.

Involved, saw this go down at spawn and in the clan chat and I'd quite like to add some important facts

In relation to the claims of FireIce using cheats, it is much more likely that a Macro was used instead, which according to the ToS:

Code:
You can't use unauthorized software to access the Services, nor can you modify the provided software or information in any unauthorized way (e.g., tampered copies of Steam clients, add-ons developed for gameplay tampering, cheats or hacks, or unauthorized downloads).

Macros are not mentioned here, or anywhere in ToS or in the rules, if you've got proof of FireIce loading in external Lua or C++ scripts then fair enough, which I doubt anyone does because who is going to spend their time testing and writing code to do that, but this ban should not be extended under the premise of cheats, Arguably using a bind list equates to a Macro and we all know at least 1 player who uses keypresses to heal themselves and replace their kevlar.

As per, Macro's are defined as

Code:
a single instruction that expands automatically into a set of instructions to perform a particular task.

And using the search function on the forums, I was able to find examples of people using and instructing other players on how to use Macros within FL, even with external software such as AHK. Additionally I fail to see the rule broken here, see below.

Just because FireIce wasn't screaming down his microphone the whole time, playing the dance animation while flinging props at the floor hardly means squat and if we're going to start taking the stance of "Oh he moves every so often to prevent a kick" then most if not all farmers and contraRPers should suffer the same punishment as they've at least done this once. I do it occasionally if I've got a film or a documentary on my other monitor I'm trying to watch, or I've got other things I need to do for 15-20 minutes.

I quite honestly don't see the problem that's been brought up here and especially don't understand the ban time, he isn't harming another players RP, he isn't griefing or being a minge, he's not sat there day in day out for hours doing this messing up the already destroyed economy. I honestly don't see the issue at all and it just seems like a mountain has been made out of a mole hill to be frank.

Messages In This Thread
FireIce(GameDev) - by wizard_0315 - 06-21-2021, 05:29 AM
RE: FireIce(GameDev) - by Pollux - 06-21-2021, 12:54 PM
RE: FireIce(GameDev) - by wizard_0315 - 06-21-2021, 01:13 PM
RE: FireIce(GameDev) - by Pollux - 06-21-2021, 01:38 PM
RE: FireIce(GameDev) - by wizard_0315 - 06-21-2021, 01:47 PM
RE: FireIce(GameDev) - by wizard_0315 - 06-21-2021, 01:49 PM
RE: FireIce(GameDev) - by wizard_0315 - 06-21-2021, 01:54 PM
RE: FireIce(GameDev) - by User 7141 - 06-21-2021, 01:26 PM
RE: FireIce(GameDev) - by Dan - 06-21-2021, 02:45 PM