Unban Request: JerryCat
From my perspective I do not see any rule breakage on Jerry's part.

He was banned for two specific rules, 9.1 and 9.6.
9.1 States - Custom job titles must accurately state what character you intend to roleplay.
9.6 States - You must roleplay your job accurately (i.e. do not pretend that you're a special ops soldier as a citizen or chef).

I will address each rule directly.

For rule 9.1 I believe Jerry's title did accurately describe the character he intended to roleplay. He was an “Epileptic Husband”, and both Hitman and Nighthawk shared titles that were “Angered Housewife” and “Angry Son” respectively. This here immediately shows that all of them are involved together roleplay wise, much like if a group of criminals set their name to “The Generic Gang – Member”, or something of the sorts. Likewise, Jerry constantly had fits of Epilepsy during the entire stop. It is clear that he was the Husband meaning he is allowed to interact on behalf of the other two (Not some stranger on the street), and that he was Epileptic, something he continued to roleplay.

Now to rule 9.6, he did roleplay his job accurately. As stated above, he was having seizures throughout the entire encounter, fulfilling the Epileptic part of his job name. Lastly, he decided to defend his family after the major risk of jail time was brought up for his son. What you don't understand, is that many individuals make irrational decisions when they or their families are facing jail time. He didn't immediately pull out a gun, he only did so when his Family faced serious legal repercussions – Causing him to believe that trying to escape through illegal methods was the more desirable solution for his family, in his mind. He wanted to protect everyone, a natural Fatherly instinct. You don't need to be a criminal to do illegal things for your children. God knows any Father out there would contemplate murder if they found out that someone was abusing their children. A similar mentality can arise in this situation. His son is getting arrested, his pregnant wife is in the back of a Police Cruiser, between the chronic seizures and the fact that everything he knows in life is falling apart in front of him with his family being taken apart and arrested – he isn't in a good state of mind and could easily make an irrational decision. Now to the second point, and most importantly, he has an Epileptic fit DURING the Gun encounter, further fulfilling his job role. No shots were fired, and he was promptly cuffed. There was absolutely no harm done at all to anyone, and he ended the violence through roleplaying his character's weakness. This is roleplaying, not rule breakage. Despite the fact that the cops didn't seem particularly interested in roleplaying, doesn't mean we should punish Jerry for playing out his character.

It seems like a lot of people are just trying to punish other players for having a good time and roleplaying. There was no harm, there was no foul. From my perspective, there is absolutely no rule breakage on Jerry's part, and I'm quite curious how this all slipped through.

Regards,
Dark Shadowfall

Messages In This Thread
Unban Request: JerryCat - by Jerrycat - 10-11-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: Unban Request: JerryCat - by Coded Brain - 10-11-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: Unban Request: JerryCat - by Suarez - 10-13-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: Unban Request: JerryCat - by Dark Shadowfall - 10-13-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: Unban Request: JerryCat - by User 12049 - 10-13-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: Unban Request: JerryCat - by Ivan Tempski - 10-13-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: Unban Request: JerryCat - by Dark Shadowfall - 10-13-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: Unban Request: JerryCat - by Coded Brain - 10-13-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: Unban Request: JerryCat - by Dark Shadowfall - 10-14-2015, 12:32 AM