What windows users do to macs... (including me)
Well here goes:

The PC is often superior to the Mac considering first of all, the software available for both systems. Much of the software on the net is coded mainly for PC/Windows, whereas a majority are porting over to support Mac due to its new popularity in design. A PC's is much more compliant when it comes to system drivers, as well as increased system compatibilities.

Addressing StillAlive's issue on boot time, Windows/PC boots up a much larger amount of services and drivers. As it all depends on your boot priority. I believe how it ran before with XP was the system loaded and afterward drivers were loaded causing an overall fast boot time. Compared to the Vista, 7, and 8 versions, which preload all items before booting into Windows completely. By doing so they prevent otherwise fatal errors that could possibly happen. Anyhow boot time can be increased by twice the amount that StillAlive, with around 2-3 seconds, if you wish to spend $50 on a small 60GB SSD to use as a boot drive.

Tech Support or products are on much higher demand for Windows/PC meaning better customer support and overall better user performance. There is much more tech pieces such as RAM specialized for Windows/Linux (Since its basically MS-DOS) compared to Mac. As of now, they are starting to develop memory, which is optimized for Mac platform PC's.

A common argument with Mac and PC is design and elegance. Overall Mac uses the same elements of the windows GUI, adds more color, and rounds the edges of tool bars, status bar, etc.

Another common myth is with a Mac you cannot receive and contract any viruses. This is completely wrong. Considering the cross-platform abilities of Java and other coding languages, just about anything programmed in the said languages are cross-platform from Windows to Mac to Linux.

Windows is honestly better optimized for everyday task and software. Including it's compatibility with other OS's and even it's cheaper price. You get a better performance to price ratio. Mac is simply overpriced and lacks the performance to compete with PC on a gaming level and large-scale developing level.

Hence my argument why PC is better

~The Panda
The following 1 user Likes wweee2345's post:
  • Jan

Messages In This Thread
RE: What windows users do to macs... (including me) - by wweee2345 - 03-07-2012, 08:49 PM