Where is the development?
(07-21-2020, 04:31 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 03:52 PM)Divey Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 03:06 PM)Rylund Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

It was a fair price for what he was offering, currently FL uses a mix of VCmod and the gamemodes vehicle stuff which is a mess and isn't fit for what the community wants. We've had to deny so many suggestions in the past due to them not being possible with VCmod (DRM means hardly anything is possible) or how the gamemode currently handles vehicles (don't even get me started on that). From my understanding you said you'd rather buy it on gmodstore (the base system) as your reply to his offer, which is strangely excluded from the screenshots you provided. That also makes me wonder what else you decided to conveniently exclude to make snowred seem like the bad person here? It feels like you're trying to make it seem like he wanted 300 to make a gmodstore addon which we all know isn't true at all.

Back to the actual topic though, it's quite upsetting to see these issues pop up and then for you to put them down as if it's an overreaction. It isn't even the first time this has happened from you and I doubt it'll be the last either at this point. Back when I resigned after you got owner you told me that you were willing to prioritise development over anything else and you stated it being the most important thing you need, what happened to that? You promised to not get too involved in things and let "management" deal with issues together, yet it seems like Conn is the only one who has been carrying his own weight and then some? You've repeatedly shown in the past that you're not the best at managing development, work with Conn more as he understands that side of things. You didn't know if 300 was a fair price to pay snowred for that much work and I don't expect you to know as you're not a developer, did you ask Conn for his input at all?

You managed to somehow recover after you got owner and built up a new development team on a bunch of promises, you won't get another chance like that again. Please take their concerns seriously and talk to them as they're all you have left. No one here is saying you can't ever do anything that isn't FL related again, however you need to understand a lot of things are relying on you. Soul gave up owner as he realised FL needs someone more active than him, you can't just sit back like he did and expect it all to work out in the end. I'm not trying to just bash you either, just I feel like you work best from "harsh" criticism sometimes and you need to realise that you are going to run out of chances soon. Please prove me wrong and come back from all of this, make me seem like an idiot for resigning after you got owner and for posting this as that is pretty much all I want.

Completely agree! Hence why the offer is still there for the update at the original asking price

What I said to Snowred (after speaking with Avgar) was that I wanted to buy the base system for the same price he was asking for on the gmodstore - I wasn't trying to hide that, that's on my post (the screenshot with the highlighted text on it)  Snowred is in no way a bad person, I didn't want to make a public post nor did I really want this situation to be made public when we could have just spoken about it in more detail (we had already spoken about it prior but clearly not enough). But I understand why he would make the post, devs are demotivated and they get a bulk of hate from the community because of lack of updates which may not necessarily be their fault. Snow is one of the most talented members on our team at the moment and I appreciate him everyday for coming back and all the work he has done since (hence why I gave him his vet tags after being unbanned).

I don't think it's an overreaction, I simply believe it's a misunderstanding from both sides. I completely understand why my comments may have come across to Snow and maybe others as demeaning and under appreciative, which is something I have stated to Snow and others before (some of this is seen in my screenshots provided on my original post). And I stick by the fact that Development is the number 1 thing FL needs and will always be my number 1 priority. As much as I am sorry to Snow for comments I have made which made him and Lightbeer feel underappreciated, again - $300 is a large sum of money and as such, of course I wanted to make sure I fully understood the update before I agreed to it, I even made it clear I was open to it and obviously tried to resolve it once it had gone pear shaped.

Conn is the head of Development and I always go to him for Development related issues, he is amazing at taking a lead of the dev team and it's great to have someone in Development in an SA role, hence why I wanted a Dev to take upon the role. Unfortunately, the SA team have been had personal commitments so more of the work between the general management has fallen on me and Conn recently - which is perhaps why Conn may be feeling not only demotivated but also why he hasn't been able to spend as much time on the Dev side of things as he initially may of wanted (I know he's got a lot of things going on in his real life as well). As for the input, I stated in my original post 'I had messaged Conn about the prices and offered you a price close to what he thought was reasonable. After offering you the amount you had explained that it was not a fair price and to reconsider.'

[Image: jNGPG5w.png]

I appreciate you taking the time to write this up anyway Pollux, I completely agree and really do value the current team we have. I think we have the best Development team we've had in a long time (missing you and Arny of course ahaha) and we definitely need to utilise this. Overall, I'm disheartened by nothing else but the fact that some Developers are feeling demotivated and unappreciated because of me. It shouldn't have to take an open post from a Developer for that to happen. As I said prior, Snow and I, among with other Devs have had conversations about motivation before and I believe we are getting there - but perhaps more work needs to be done
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 2 users Like Divey's post:
  • Pollux, Alphaverse

Messages In This Thread
Where is the development? - by Falcon - 07-20-2020, 08:00 AM
RE: Where is the development? - by Kappatalist - 07-20-2020, 08:33 AM
RE: Where is the development? - by L Y N C H Y - 07-20-2020, 10:26 AM
RE: Where is the development? - by Grizzly - 07-20-2020, 01:03 PM
RE: Where is the development? - by TheSiphon - 07-20-2020, 01:32 PM
RE: Where is the development? - by Divey - 07-20-2020, 04:00 PM
RE: Where is the development? - by Byra - 07-20-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: Where is the development? - by Dimitris - 07-20-2020, 09:53 PM