[TRIGGER ALERT] The fuck is up with all this political correctness?
(07-20-2016, 08:27 PM)Midget Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 04:39 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 03:22 PM)Midget Wrote: These are not the only examples.

So youre saying that giving bad examples is alright as long as there are more bad examples? I dont agree on that.
If you are going to accuse a religion, or even religion in general, of inciting violence then you should have some quotes to back it up, not a random quote taken completely out of context.
I agree with you. My bad.

However there is not just bad examples.
You can find all violent verses in the Quran very easily.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages...lence.aspx

Same reply as last time. The site you quoted is created to make the islam look like an aggresive religion. 109 verses of violence? Im 100% sure its bullshit.

"And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... 
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" 

This part in particulair is very poorly explained. They (the quoted site) claim that it is regarding an offensive war against his (mohammeds) adversaries, and thus inciting violence, but it couldnt be further from the truth. Mohammed had been chased down by people who wanted to see him dead and this was the first time that the tables were turned and Mohammed could strike at his enemies, hence the violent language.

I am not here to defend the holy book of Islam, im just pointing out flaws in your argument. There is plenty of stuff in the Quaran i dont like myself either but that doesnt mean that the entire islam is an aggresive, dangerous movement in my eyes.

I am christian myself, and let me quote a paragraph from the bible:

"“If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurelye but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. 23But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."

- Exodus 21:22

This paragraph itself incites violence, it calls for revenge if someone wrongs you. Does that mean that all christians want to kill someone who took a life himself? Ofcourse not. A few violent paragraphs written in the religions holy book doesnt make that religion violent, the actions of its followers does however.

TL:DR
Claiming the Quran is the source of violence is bullcrap. Terrorists claiming they act in the name of Allah are either lying or deluded because it has nothing to do with religion. I understand that people want to hold the Islam responsible for all the terrorist attacks, but in my eyes thats not fair for the people who do actually believe in Allah peacefully.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TRIGGER ALERT] The fuck is up with all this political correctness? - by Baskingner - 07-21-2016, 10:14 AM