Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike
I would also like to write my objective opinion on this matter.

The main question of this case is: Was this friendly fire or not?

They have been roleplaying as SRU and are doing a training by shooting on riotshields. CityRP does not have any non-lethal training guns and so they have been limited to real weapons. The riotshield is bugged, it is taking damage while it shouldn't. They were roleplaying a training so I don't think this is blatant friendly fire. I do think the roleplay background could have been taken more care of, for example by making a training range. Not just in the Nexus Garage.

According to some YouTube videos posted in this thread, this is something that has been done in real life as well. That way we can't say that this is very unrealistic.

Facts about the case:
- This was a roleplay training, not blatantly shooting eachother.
- The riotshield is bugged, hence why damage has been taken.
- There is no alternative to use regarding weapons.
- It wasn't exactly unrealistic.

- The location and scenery of the RP has not been taken care of.

I think those involved can only be blamed for the fact that there was no proper training range and that the roleplay was most likely lacking a background story. This is a minor rulebreak and a blacklist from SRU should have been the highest possible punishment for this. A permanent ban is unjustified in my opinion, the short bans for the other players involved should be undone.

The player, Mike, was on his last chance. A last chance does not mean that every minor incident (which this case is an example of), will get you permanently banned. A last chance means: If you are blatantly breaking a major rule again, you will get perm'd. I'm personally against last chances. I don't understand why some people can be banned 13 times and some only 5, but that is another discussion. He should at least have received the same punishment as the players that also participated in the roleplay.

Suggestions for the roleplay:
- Use a baseball bat instead of a gun, as we don't have non-lethal weapons and the riot shield is not working properly.
- Build a training centre.

To summarize: I think the permanent ban is unjustified and is not based on proper reasons. I do understand that the team decided to ban him, I'm not trying to undermine their judgement, although after viewing the YouTube video, I think a ban was not the correct punishment. I would like to see the bans being removed from record and a warning being given not to roleplay a training anymore without a proper background/scenery. I do not share any interest with Mike or the admin team, so my view is purely objective.

Sources used: youtube.com/watch?v=O4wWPNx1KZw, youtube.com/watch?v=SuBTxAe2fvU, http://armatraining.com/files/2014/06/Ar...iption.pdf, youtube.com/watch?v=dri0icqBg_s (start 4:40)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.

Messages In This Thread
Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Mike - 01-11-2016, 08:44 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Greed^ - 01-11-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Random - 01-11-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Hitman - 01-11-2016, 09:35 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Awestruck - 01-11-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Mike - 01-11-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Mike - 01-11-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Avgar - 01-11-2016, 11:52 PM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Mike - 01-12-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by SoulRipper - 01-12-2016, 09:44 AM
RE: Unban request for [FL:RP] Mike - by Mike - 01-13-2016, 01:35 AM