Poll: Do you support this cause?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
95.24%
20 95.24%
No
4.76%
1 4.76%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fearless Roleplay
Noticing that real RP is kinda low around here.  That's not to say people don't do it, but it's definately a noticeable absence from it's former glory.  Now I just got back, lot of mixed opinions on me as it is.  That being said, I'm calling on the old guard to come into this discussion.  Year plus players.  Preferably 2014 or prior, but hell, I'll take 1 month if you are a sincere roleplayers too.

We need to put our heads together, here.  Gotta get this under control.  People love to point fingers, blame others, blame staff, but we all have failed collectively.  This is a community problem, it's gonna have to be the community to fix it.

With input, maybe we get lucky and get a jumpstart.  Now I've been gone, so I'm not the expert here, but I am the man with the plan.  I'll create the topic sections, when you reply, make sure you label which section your content goes in.  I'll work on keeping information together.

Your comment can be as simple as "Because people left" or as complicated as "The change in weapon recoil from .01 to .02 caused the ballistics change that lead to the decline of aggressive rp and clan activity."

Section 1: When/How did passive roleplay decline?  We need to identify what happened before we can really find resolution.  If we don't, eventually this will loop back around and happen again.

- Rule changes loosened rules on criminal behavior, promoting rise in aggressive rp.
- Aggressive RP / Criminal players preying on passive players.
- Rules restricting what passive players are allowed to do to aggressive players.
- Players more interested in aggressive RP
- Minges terrorizing passive RP
- General lack of people taking interest in roleplay shops/locations
- Too many dictators
- Removal of the rule that stated to the effect of "Passive RPs may only be acted on Aggressively with GOOD RP reason"
- People not taking the time to generally roleplaying interactions whatsoever

Section 2: What clan(s) that used to commonly boost public passive roleplay?  What is their status?  Clans willing to commit to public service such as classes, Q&A's, How to's can will also go in this section.  Public service programs will be created and ran by the clan/clans involved.  This will serve as a list for who's in and ideas of what is needed.

- No presently active clan ideas
- No presently active clan public services or roleplay assistance.
- Concept for clan to service as an outlet to promote relations and maintain peace between clans / protect non-involved persons during times of clan war.
- Concept for clan to service preplanned roleplay requests to provide events of various nature (Public/Private/Clan).
- Concept for clan to service as a charity funded community service group

Section 3: What is the average player's roleplay skill?  How can we help less skilled players gain interest in passive rp?  Higher skill players taught me some of the best tricks I know.  I've since developed my own and taught others, it seems like this process is missing now.

- Try to introduce newer players to passive or structured roleplay
- Offer friendly constructive feedback when trying to correct them
- Stay in character and don't push them away for being minges, instead attempt to roleplay with them.
- If they see passive RP more commonly, they are more likely to take interest

Section 4: What is the event situation like?  Do we still have active event planners? How possible for admin assistance with server wide event?  Events lead to structured environments.  Lower skill can work side by side with higher skill, learning how to use commands/acts, gain a better understanding of what it all looks like, and the incentive of RPPs will help their willingness to return to future events.

Section 5: Ideas to promote/create/support passive roleplay in the common player.  This is where everything that doesn't fall into the above goes, really.

- Review the rules to hopefully create some sense of balance between passive and aggressive playstyles.
- Eliminate /job excuse loophole in leu of more realistic /job descriptive. Ex: /job Criminal = Excuse /job Armed Robber / Burgler / Serial-Killer
- Bring back Passive Night (please go to http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=67635 to support this cause)
- Increase awareness of guide section
- Don't let minges simply ruin your rp and continue after they leave.

Lets get dem noggins together and make dem mice sweat a bit.
The following 9 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • NightHawkd, Ludo, summotion, Marty, Grunt, MasterNoda, Holdem, Hitman, Balls

Messages In This Thread
Fearless Roleplay - by Old Man Jokhah - 01-09-2016, 05:43 AM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by Ludo - 01-09-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by Old Man Jokhah - 01-09-2016, 08:59 AM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by Jerrycat - 01-09-2016, 09:15 AM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by summotion - 01-09-2016, 09:44 AM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by Old Man Jokhah - 01-09-2016, 09:46 AM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by MrSir - 01-09-2016, 09:58 AM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by Greed^ - 01-09-2016, 11:39 AM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by Grunt - 01-09-2016, 10:26 PM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by Old Man Jokhah - 01-09-2016, 11:57 PM
RE: Fearless Roleplay - by Viljo - 01-10-2016, 12:45 AM