What are your rights in an admin situation?
(12-23-2015, 03:36 AM)Nevy Wrote: I think this is a good thing to bring up and discuss. You noted three things that I, as a previous administrator, do think were valid issues that never had 'solid' clarification. These are, however, things that already exist in some way, shape or form.

1) If you think an administrator dealing with your case has bias, you can request another administrator to give input. I can see how bias may exist and staff members may, whether intentional or unintentional, be more lenient towards someone they know or are friends with in the server. If you think an administrator is being bias and have evidence that supports this, I am sure you are able to post in the Admin Abuse section and have a shot at proving that the administrator in question is not punishing his or her friends as they are others who have done a similar rule breakage.

2) I also agree with this. There is no reason to not be transparent with logs. I don't think this should be required in an administrative situation as it would be tedious to do but I do think it can be requested, like Audacter mentioned, through the Unban/Unblacklist section.

3) This is already a thing, or at least was back when I was staff. If someone was involved and needed to be there, all you had to do was say the word and they would be there.

I'd want to discuss this further as I think this is something we should have a set precedent for. Consistency and fairness are two important things when it comes to server administration.

1) In practice this right does not exist

2) nothing to say

3) same as 2

I think an actual, public, guideline should be set out if anything so everyone is on the same page
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are your rights in an admin situation? - by goigle! - 12-25-2015, 09:28 PM