Poll: What is your opinion on RPing for RP points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good/It is alright to do it
65.91%
29 65.91%
Bad/You shouldn't do it
34.09%
15 34.09%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[DEBATE] RP for RP Points, Good or Bad?
People state that they do it even if people are having fun, I don't really see that. People must be very passive and get noticed, obviously nobody will be given one instantly, but people do have mixed opinions and get generally annoyed because of the system. But then you see people who have ridiculous amounts and still gain more when you may be doing the same thing.
It is a fantastic system which people don't really understand. They constantly ask questions about why they aren't getting roleplay points as I have saw today after playing for multiple hours.
I have also mixed opinions, the system is great and the whole motivational idea is fantastic for people to roleplay. But in my general opinion, even though this is motivational, I don't really think that people enjoy generally roleplaying for points. People don't want to sit there for six hours and roleplay and receive a point. People just want to be able to roleplay doing something they want and be rewarded, which doesn't really happen to be honest.
An example is passiverp nights, I see some amazing stuff from the start until the end and they don't get recognized and obviously not everyone will, but this is the problem and this is why people are finding it super boring to roleplay.
Summary: Good system, but isn't used to the best of its ability, you can get some great stuff with it and this is why people want the points. People see having them will make you stand out more and will bring in more people who will want to possibly roleplay with you and from my observant ways, this seems to be a true matter(In my opinion)
Source: Lots of this information has been gathered from members of the community who answered some questions and their names shall not be disclaimed.
I have another opinion which I'd rather not share as it would start a flame war so feel free to PM me if you really would like to know a super personal opinion(This opinion has be back-up by multiple sources)

It has good and bad points
Ex-Server Teacher

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DEBATE] RP for RP Points, Good or Bad? - by Bradley - 07-06-2015, 08:24 PM