Food System - Recipes and Plants - Community Input
equal: I think the best solution is to allow all players to keep their old fish till they are all used up, but when the fishing update comes, remove the old fish from the loot table. That way players who spent the time collecting hoards of fish don't lose anything, the staff doesn't have to worry about refunds, and till you ran out, you would have an abundance of an item that will become increasingly rare till enough time passes to warrant the final stage phase out.

Wood: I see a lot of potential in the list. I wanted to know if lettuce and a few of the other vegtables could also be grown. Orange juice could be 2/3x oranages and be crafted. Also, I have an idea to allow for different "stat" boosts that could play in so people won't just go after "teh best fuuds".

Example: Orange gives 5 stamina when eaten, but 0-5 hunger. Orange juice gives 15-30 stamina and 5-10 hunger.

Generally, fruits could give minor stamina, meats could offer minor health. For balancing, compare which items have been combined into a recipe and tailor it around those some form of similar system. You could also have food that offers negative effects, such as "Wood's Super Feast" gives 100 hunger, 25 health, -50 stamina. It would work out because stamina now takes longer to drain and refill. It fits RP because it's a feast, you usually get tired and don't go running around after because you'll get sick.

Just loose thoughts, I've dreamed of this crafting system for YEARS now. Growing should be allowed for citizens because it opens up farmer rp, with a chef you can do full blow food processing plant rp and have a citizen who sells the product while the chef sits in the factory and processes the food the workers are growning. This update is a serious win for passive rp.

BE WARNED: If you put too much use in the grown items, it will have serious impacts on aggressive rp and contrabasing. Try to find a balance that works, else you will basically provide a way to completely eliminate the purpose of the chef. Example: Why buy anything from a chef if I can grow food, weed, drugs from the safety of my nearly doomfort. The recent impression given by the staff is "Yeah it could be abused, but we shouldn't restrict the good roleplayers". I urge you to remember that you are only as strong as your weakest link and take your time. Do not rush this project, grow it.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Jono

Messages In This Thread
RE: Food System - Recipes and Plants - Community Input - by Old Man Jokhah - 06-29-2015, 01:11 PM