How to Install A New Cpu :/
Let me just start by saying that it isn't as hard as it sounds or looks, honestly. It's just undoing a few heatsink screws and dropping the CPU (VERY GENTLY) into the little hatch, before closing the hatch. Don't worry, closing the hatch takes a bit of force, it's meant to be secure, so do not worry if you feel like you're going to break it - It's tougher than you think, just don't ever touch the pins on the bottom of the CPU, always hold it by the sides.

For the rest of it Gestapo's various guides will work fine.

Oh and also ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make sure you have a good heatsink and that it is PROPERLY INSTALLED. Not only do you need a heatsink, but you'll need to reapply the THERMAL PASTE, which you'll have to clean off the CPU hatch as you install a new CPU. If you've run out, don't just think "Oh the fan'll do the job fine" BECAUSE IT WON'T. Buy yourself some thermal paste, such as Arctic Cooling MX-4 or Arctic Cooling Silver. They're very cheap, and will keep your CPU cool.

And yes, always make sure that the heatsink is installed properly. Most times if it isn't the computer won't even let you start up, as letting a CPU run uncooled for 10 seconds is enough to permanently damage it, that thing heats fast, so just make sure it's installed right - It isn't hard, just warning you.

Oh and forget about the BIOS, I've never even had to delve into mine.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • boolean

Messages In This Thread
How to Install A New Cpu :/ - by MrRicky - 09-26-2011, 08:59 PM
RE: How to Install A New Cpu :/ - by Faustie - 09-27-2011, 02:14 PM
RE: How to Install A New Cpu :/ - by Faustie - 09-27-2011, 02:37 PM
RE: How to Install A New Cpu :/ - by Ruskin - 09-27-2011, 09:13 PM
RE: How to Install A New Cpu :/ - by MrRicky - 10-04-2011, 05:05 PM