How do you feel about the NEW weapons?
(05-19-2015, 09:39 PM)Enzyme Wrote:
Quote:In my opinion, this was quite a surprising change as it took place in a snap of a finger despite "new weapons" strictly being in the UNWANTED list. Sure it was nice to have a sudden change, but was this update actually for the better?

This is actually an update that has been planned for over a year, but that never was completed untill recently because of issues with another weaponpack (FA:S)

Quote:Atleast back then when you're getting shot at you'll be able to glimpse at the persons name for least a few seconds in order to validate whether or not you've been rightfully killed and still back then you'd live long enough to be able to open fraps and record the event. But now, you're good as gone if you're caught up in a cross-fire.
The servers and the gamemode need to be updated every now and then, both to keep old and new players interested and to stand a chance against newer game titles. The old weapons came from CS:S, a game that was released in 2004.

New content is good and crucial for a server to both stay alive and popular.

Not updating the gamemode just so you can record people easier if you're RDMed is not a good excuse or a reason for NOT updating the gamemode and it's possibly the worst reason I've heard for disliking this update.

Quote:Furthermore, it feels like COD with all these fancy unecessary attachments promoting aggressiveRP at its peak especially since guns are much more accessible due to its cheaper price.

Saying that " fancy unecessary attachments" promotes aggressiveRP is like saying that fancy unnecessary vehicles promote reckless driving, ramming and CDM. It's not the updates fault, it's the players. There's nothing wrong with new content on the servers and the new update actually makes it more expensive and harder to acquire because you need the right ammo-type (which there are many many to choose from) and because you need good attachments if you want to stand a chance against other well-geared enemies. The prices for weapons, ammunition and attachments makes it more expensive and harder for people to actually do good with weapons. Your statement is very wrong.

If you dislike how this update has affected the servers then you should blame the players, not the update itself.
The update was very much needed, and it's a great addition to FL that makes weapon-gameplay more realistic (People won't run in the open anymore during raids), people can customize their gear much more (attachments m8) and it's just a fresh breath on the server for experienced players in particular.

We had to replace the 11 year old weapons, and god damn I'm happy that we did.

I'm always amazed how people complain about a lack of updates and about updates when we implement them. 
[Image: most-interesting-man-in-the-world-lg.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you feel about the NEW weapons? - by Preditor - 05-19-2015, 09:45 PM