Debate time! Restructure the Leadership of the Community.
The staff team has already had long - and sometimes violent - discussions on this topic. The weakest link in any team has always been someone letting too much power go to their head, or going over the wishes of everybody else, creating drama; Narcotic is a prime example. The head admin system wouldn't work.

What we do have is the new SA system, which most of the team are currently happy with. When we made it we were careful to add checks that allowed the team to vote out an SA at any time, and there are 4 SAs, each with a different focus (but they still work together). The number of SAs and vastly increased transparency within the team means that the SAs can watch over each other, and the admins can keep an eye on the SAs just as the SAs keep an eye on the admins; we've already resolved one or two potential issues this way.

A more role-orientated system has also proven beneficial. Temar manages development, and we're updating much more frequently than we used to - he also gladly helps out fresh coders (such as myself) and tutors them a little; Dig is our admin contributor officer, and he's built up the contributor system pretty much from scratch, and we've already seen good results from there. I manage server/hardware/networking issues, working closely with the advice/requests from Soul, the SAs, and the rest of the team; Burnett is a huge help on the networking side, and Venom is great at investigating issues. Enzyme and Fultz are our HR division, and handle most team issues with help from the other SAs. So far, this split has worked pretty well; we also have other admin roles.

Sometimes issues like the other day still crop up, but to avoid drama I'm not going to go into further detail. I've said more than has previously been revealed above, and I'm increasingly looking to get more community feedback on both how our team interacts with you and on what updates we push.
The following 8 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Nyander, Davidson, Fury, Safira, Baskingner, GeorgeTheBoy, Adman, Benporium

Messages In This Thread
RE: Debate time! Restructure the Leadership of the Community. - by Faustie - 05-18-2015, 10:46 AM