Parents & Videogames... (Or spending time online)
Well I had a period when my grades weren't that good and I spent a lot of time online... My parents weren't that happy... Let's keep it that way...
The major problem is that parents have no actual idea what kind of things you are doing. My English teacher organises conferences where parents can hear about the games that are out there and what the consequences are of playing these games. A lot of parents think that their 12 year old kid is only playing shooting games and that he becomes aggressive from those games. That is not always true. For example CityRP. It is not all about shooting, fighting etc. It is about creativity: Because of the roleplay! Kids think about what they do and why they are doing that. Also the online world is the best place to learn your English and it is much nicer than sitting in a classroom, isn't? Gaming is relaxing, fun and a great place to learn. The only thing you have to avoid is the time you're spending on the PC, Xbox or PS2/3/4. Three hours a day is enough. When you are healthy and can handle the gaming time it is all fine, also for the parents.

Kind Regards,
MrTreeGames
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parents & Videogames... (Or spending time online) - by MrTreeGames - 12-30-2014, 08:16 PM