Permanent Bans and the Fearless Staff
Hear-ye, hear-ye, an ancient demon has been summoned to post on these haunted forums.

(12-09-2014, 03:20 AM)Enzyme Wrote: If you were to compare ban-records with Decay and you, then you'd see why you're still banned and he's given a second chance. (Including alt-accounts and their amounts of bans)
I'll have to disagree with that one, since Skylynx is one of the very few people to ever confess to his infractions. Discord, however, I remember denying every single time an alt account got caught.

(12-09-2014, 01:36 PM)Baskingner Wrote: I think a lot more people should be getting 2nd chances on FL. Decay is an example how well 2nd chances can turn out. Ofcourse this wont be always the case but i think its worth the risk. I met Decay ingame and he was a nice guy, i believe he will do a fine job as a moderator.

(12-09-2014, 08:34 PM)Ciryl Wrote: People can change.

but honestly double accounting I believe should be handled by what your intentions are for the second account: avoiding a ban/using it to join another clan to spy should be a perm with no second chances but if it's innocent like your steam has been hacked or you want a fresh start e.c.t then an exception should be allowed as long as you notify the Backseat/Administrative team.

(edit: In my opinion those who have multiple accounts to bypass bans on FL are sad and pathetic the fact you'd buy the game more than once or even to make another steam account to play on a server which doesn't want you there)
... let's keep that on the note ...

(12-09-2014, 08:50 PM)Equalizer Wrote: I am pretty sure when Mathias_ made an alternative account, he didn't come back to minge either. He never minged at all to be exact.
Oh, he did minge.

(12-09-2014, 09:32 PM)Voluptious Wrote: Do you think the administrator team would promote someone if said person is not deemed fit for the job?
Well we have multiple case examples of that to be honest. WorldWideCoffee? Toby? Let's not forget ForceGhost, who we actually considered taking legal action against.

(12-09-2014, 09:39 PM)CapybaraZech Wrote: I believe in second chances. However, I see Perm UBRs denied because 'Changing and apologizing is not good enough'. But apparently for Decay, who I have nothing against, can apologize and change and come back, then be promoted to a moderator. I just see a huge inequality here with permanent bans in general.
A valid point to consider.

(12-09-2014, 02:36 AM)Drogas Wrote: I currently have more bans than Discord
All of them very well deserved if I may add. Giving you a second chance doesn't seem intelligent at all in hindsight.

However, a vise-versa situation seems to fly pretty well. A former, honorably retired, trusted staff member had him and his brothers permabanned without a second of thought, for multi-accounting.
The following 2 users Like Killjoy's post:
  • Joey Skylynx, yarrrs

Messages In This Thread
Permanent Bans and the Fearless Staff - by yarrrs - 12-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Permanent Bans and the Fearless Staff - by Obay - 12-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Permanent Bans and the Fearless Staff - by Temar - 12-09-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Permanent Bans and the Fearless Staff - by Killjoy - 12-10-2014, 12:41 AM