Poll: Remove 3rd person when shooting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Do not remove
65.00%
52 65.00%
Yes, remove
35.00%
28 35.00%
Total 80 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use
(12-04-2014, 09:24 PM)Venom Wrote:
(12-04-2014, 09:12 PM)Preditor Wrote: Honestly. Third person simply allows people to metagame, and for those of you who say "It's in other games!" FL isn't another game, it's a roleplay server, if you want to have a fun time blasting everyone hiding around corners go play Grand Theft Auto or something. If we have to passive roleplay realistically, then we should aggressive RP realistically.. Or at least to the best we can do. And if thirdperson shooting is the only reason why you play on here, and you think it would make FL a more boring place, why do you even get on? Just to shoot people? I thought fearless should be aimed more towards passive RP. The ONLY fight or excuse I'm seeing coming from those who oppose it is simply either "Everyone else can use it!" Everyone else can break NLR, should it be allowed? Everyone else can RDM, should it also be allowed? And to those of you how get on just to shoot people, (I'll admit, I use to be like that) then I suggest you reconsider why you play FL. Passive roleplay is what makes FL different from a lot of dark RP servers. And if all we do is base it around shooting each other, then why should we even single ourselves out from the other communities?

As for my previous statements, no I am not looking to start a flamewar. But my point in this thread, is it really worth it? To all of you who cannot get passed violence when it comes to FL, there's so much.. So much more to FL other than aggressive RP...

I strongly ask you all to reconsider.

Passive RP is a big part of FL, but so are weapons. Saying "everyone else can break NLR, so should it be allowed" is really stupid because that has been against the rules since FL has been here. Third person with weapons however, has been around for the whole time and nothing has been done about it.
That's my point. It's metagamming. You don't have a camera on you 24/7 letting you know that someone is coming. I understand that there are coincidences. But last I checked, metagamming is against the rules. And so is NLR. Of course it's not as extreme as breaking NLR. But, it's still against the rules. And keeping it would do more harm to the metagame rule. If you guys can somehow find a way to fix this then by all means keep it. But so far people have just been abusing it over and over and over. With no avail of fixing it. 

My statement still stands, get rid of it. And I'm not going to post on this thread anymore. As I've stated earlier, I'm just saying my two cents. And I know all of you are as well. But all I am seeing is the same thing repeating itself. There's no end to this until it's finally decided. There's no point in arguing.
The following 2 users Like Preditor's post:
  • SourLemon, Joey Skylynx

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use - by User 12049 - 12-04-2014, 04:57 PM
RE: Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use - by User 12049 - 12-04-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use - by User 12049 - 12-04-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use - by Preditor - 12-04-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: Poll: 3rd person enable or disable at weapon use - by User 12049 - 12-05-2014, 06:14 PM