How "Newcomers" Should be treated. :)!
Whilst I agree with some points stated, and that new arrivals to Fearless should be helped, there are points I cannot agree with nor relate to. As well as these individuals are to be assisted, in my opinion they should not be held hand in hand, a good starting touch from an individual who speaks words of experience without it being in an elitist manner, can make a huge impact and influentially help a user.

You earn your recognition, meaning if you're violating our rules from point one you come on without bothering to read and get around with respect for our regulations, I don't see the benefit in any way. On the other hand, if you're an individual who takes his time from point one that you join, to read the regulations that are provided to you, it changes the image completely. If you respect the community, its ways, rules, regulations and components, you will have absolutely no problems with getting around just fine, and if you stay on the bright side of the rules, roleplay and be respectful, I assure you someone will notice it. However, it is what you make it and (personally) my view on new players come from the first point I come across them administratively, not from a personal standpoint, if they make trouble and violate our rules and regulations, that's when they're notice and recognized as rule-breakers, the other way around positively for individuals who do the opposite.

Everyone has a responsibility to include new players in the community; be it nicely greeting them, advising them, including them in your affairs, or simply talking to them - everyone has their own ways. Although, it's important to give it and state that it's not all about newcomers and rookies, we have players with above 100 hours, above 1000 hours, all of those need to be included as well as newcomers.

Welcoming a user to the community doesn't have to be formal and determined on targetting, if a newcomer simply makes a topic introducing himself, you will quickly see welcoming steaming in, there's no excessive necessity to pinpoint new players and comment around, however it's a nice gesture.

Respect one another & the community and its contents.
The following 3 users Like Narc's post:
  • Floodify, Iraqi Eagle, actor

Messages In This Thread
How "Newcomers" Should be treated. :)! - by actor - 04-06-2014, 10:11 PM
RE: How "Newcomers" Should be treated. :)! - by Narc - 04-07-2014, 01:03 PM