Unban Request [Verzyn]
(01-16-2014, 08:17 PM)Verzyn Wrote: Okay let me get one thing sorted out, I was joining the server and talking to Narcotic in teamspeak. He notified me of a case that I should attend to and he filled me in on the details of what happened. I understood Pim was killed on the top floor of the nexus by Valerie and I knew he was unarmed. I teleported to Valerie to get both of your sides of the story. I asked why Pim was shot, Valerie responded "I was ordered to". I reported this to Narcotic in TS who told me I should ask the president why he had ordered this command. Upon speaking to you I asked the reasoning for the kill, you replied "trespassing and the dupe" (which read kill the president). I again reported all this back to Narcotic who instructed me to and out punishments to yourself and Valerie. Narcotic told me that executions must be approved by an administrator and that you did not have sufficient reason to kill an unarmed man.

1) Pim was unarmed
2) Executions must be approved

You do not shoot at an unarmed man. And to make matters worse, you most KOS laws which are strictly forbidden.
It wasn't an execution, nor was it a KOS law, it was a reaction to a possible raider who went above and beyond to make himself appear like a possible threat. He was: Shouting 'Death to the president' on the elevator, running towards us aggresively, stopping an inch away from me and of course pulling out his toolgun, after which he was shot.(It should also be noted he kept shouting until he died)
This all happened in about 5 seconds time, so your approach of calling this an execution(Claiming we had the time to assess the risk, notice he's not a threat, and decide to kill him anyways, which is simply not true) is both incorrect and a testament to the fact the matter was only superficially investigated.

After I explained this to you, I also told you that there is a background to his death, but you simply ignored me, said 'Okay' and teleported away. I also don't understand how Narc is related this, he may have asked you to examine the matter, but the fact remains the facts reported back to him were evidently distorted and incomplete; omitting the time frame, pim2399's aggressive demeanor and the background that lead to his death.

Only moments before he showed up we were preparing to head to an underground bunker as the risk of raid was increasing. And here he was, a civilian shouting 'Death to the president' coming up to the top floor uncuffed and running towards me, can you seriously say you would've acted differently?

Messages In This Thread
Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Kovert - 01-16-2014, 06:36 PM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Verzyn - 01-16-2014, 08:17 PM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Kovert - 01-16-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Verzyn - 01-16-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Kovert - 01-16-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Fultz - 01-17-2014, 07:36 AM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Kovert - 01-17-2014, 08:31 AM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Verzyn - 01-17-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Kovert - 01-17-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Verzyn - 01-18-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Unban Request [Verzyn] - by Kovert - 01-18-2014, 07:32 AM