Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4
Quote:And where do you make the connection automatically that EvoCity is in Europe?

Never made such connection. I consider Evocity as neutral in this case.

Quote:I'll find a US Park Ranger(Federal Government) holding one if it makes you any happier.

Sure, you can find 10 more US government members with this weapon, it's still american, not my exact argument against this suggestion though.

Quote:And at the end of your statement you make an analogy that since you won't get the rifle that the police in your country have, that the police here (based off of a US police officer's uniform /etcetc) won't be more heavily armed. I'm assuming that the crime in your country or the people who own automatic rifles aren't as plentiful as found in FL:RP's EvoCity.

I said that since your only argument for M4 in Evocity was the fact that police in your country is using it. Police should be based on majority of police in different COUNTRIES, not just one + i can't see any benefits of giving access of M4 for Evocity Police. That's my opinion which i stated days ago and i'm not going to change it.

Quote:I think that you should also factor ingame variables, server lag, clientside lag, the skill of either shooter, and then the damage of the weapons factor in. Sure, I can kill someone with a MP5, it's just a pain in the ass to do. And you base your argument off of the fact that it can be done, not much else? "We have this, it works a moderate percent of the time, you shouldn't need anything else."

No, i don't i should take serverlag, clientside lag or anything else into consideration. I base my argument off of the fact that it's good enough weapon for everyone kill effectively, vs. M4 aswell. You consider it as a weak weapon and that remains as your opinion, not a fact. And in my opinion MP5 is a good weapon in-game that can easily compete with M4.

Quote:A USP really doens't matter in the end, when you have to include that you must use your own ammo to get an MP5 on your person. It uses the exact same ammo as a M4 in the game. (why? I've got no idea. Since it hasn't been changed it's a legitimate argument.)
Yeah, cops have their free gun, against "situations when rebels were unarmed or poorly armed", but what about fighting someone who knows their way around a weapon moreso than you do, and has a budget for a better one? You're essentially screwed. That being said, one might consider that the M4 would be a waste seeing as it really only does partially better than a MP5. But I can safely say the officer in question knows the risk when he equips his own weapon, so why, in that way, should it be limited?

Why it should be limited? because SRU wouldn't make any sense anymore since cops will be exactly same, and probably most of them will start walking with M4, can't really see a big benefit in that.

Quote:but what about fighting someone who knows their way around a weapon moreso than you do, and has a budget for a better one?

Then you will fight with your MP5 against, let's say M4. Chances are same besides the skill. Both of these weapons are doing pretty well and that's my opinion which i'm not going to change, never had any problems with MP5, which can infact compete with, maybe not AK, but M4 for sure.

Quote:There are of course, that group of people who enjoy roleplaying but don't want to or can't be bothered to donate to the server for the donor benefits? What if they don't have the ability to join the SRU or don't want to, and what if there is a bunch of SRU that really have a small ability at best to perform their duties. Even better, what if there's just a team of police officers, and no SRU? Are you saying that all is balanced regardless? You make that argument based on the assumption that both parts of the government will be full of adequate shooters, even nowadays when the population is not even close to being 50/50 sometimes. I prefer playing as a regular police officer because it has approximately 1/3 the red tape that the SRU has. They're more versatile, can deploy quicker to a situation (because, you know, they can patrol)and are able to contain a situation by themselves if they're well organized. There simply comes the time when the police are outgunned and outranged because all they can equip are submachine guns (the flaw in range) and the M3 shotgun (10 yards fatal, any further they're cotton candy.) I feel like criminals should act wary even if there isn't a team of somewhat organized SRU on the server.

Quote:Even better, what if there's just a team of police officers, and no SRU?

What if there's no criminal groups? cops don't need M4. Anyways most of the times SRU & Police is full so i don't think the population is not even close to being 50/50.

Quote: I prefer playing as a regular police officer because it has approximately 1/3 the red tape that the SRU has.

Nobody is forcing you to become a SRU Agent, play as officer and do your basic duties instead of caring about your weapon limit (MP5 for medium range and M3 for short range, both performing really well on these)

Quote:There simply comes the time when the police are outgunned and outranged because all they can equip are submachine guns

Not outgunned and not outranged, SRU-like team is always on stand-by in real life, you call it if you need it, not even going to say that there are always at least 2 people in SRU Team, if not 4.

Quote: I feel like criminals should act wary even if there isn't a team of somewhat organized SRU on the server.

Exactly they should, considering they not always own expensive weapons, sometimes they use pistols or submachine guns, even if not, using common sense they should always act wary since they are risking losing their lives.

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by Nevy - 10-30-2013, 05:53 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by Jono - 10-30-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by Nevy - 10-30-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by Jono - 10-30-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by Nevy - 10-30-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by Nevy - 11-01-2013, 03:33 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by Freezak - 11-06-2013, 05:59 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by User 12049 - 11-11-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by cnr - 11-14-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by Nevy - 11-20-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4 - by Nevy - 11-21-2013, 06:32 PM