GMod crashes steam after 2 minutes
(10-06-2013, 10:46 PM)Weecow Wrote: Try re-installing gmod and steam. Since you have a new PC you should update your drivers aswell if you didn't do that. Download the drivers from the site of AMD or your after market manufacturer.
I have updated all of my drivers and if I re-install Steam, will I have to re-install all of my games? It is because I have my Steam and all of my games on a second hard drive
so I didn't have to install anything with Steam besides the first time setup when launching a game. Also, it only does it with that game only, every other source game and non-source game works.

(10-06-2013, 10:49 PM)bruterules Wrote: Where did you find this "error log"? It looks like it's either corrupted or was opened with the wrong software.
It is opened in notepad and the location is

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod

Once I updated my drivers, I went onto my Steam folder F:\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod and made a shortcut and put it to my desktop because once when my CS:S was crashing I did this and put a code in the target and it started working. I did the same and it stays open longer but if I try to join a game it will crash. If I don't try to open a game, it will stay up for like 15 minutes

The code is -steam -game garrysmod -w 1280 -h 720 -window
[Image: 8ua.gif]

Click this to see bacon

Messages In This Thread
RE: GMod crashes steam after 2 minutes - by TylerSparks - 10-06-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: GMod crashes steam after 2 minutes - by Narc - 10-07-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: GMod crashes steam after 2 minutes - by Narc - 10-14-2013, 12:20 AM