Hostage rescue 101.
Glad it got approved, a note i'd like to add on the numbers system.
Say you are doing clan training or ops, and all members are assigned static numbers (e.g the number is attached to their name) but they aren't online for this operation.
It's pointless to try to change the numbers about you'll just confuse everyone, by making no3 no1, what you can do is use numerical order to your advantage.
In the normal scenario you have 1,2,3,4, with 1 being the point man, and 4 being breach man, but what if you have 2,4,7,9 online? The solution is simple, lowest number is point man, highest is breach man. By following that simple methodology you avoid what I call instinctive confusion. Each person is aware of their number, it never changes, but in the event they are the lowest number, they know they are the point man. Because if you're used to being number 3 and suddenly you're number 1 for a day you will not act instinctively to the command, you will forget and get confused and slow down the op. By using numerical order, every person is aware of their role, and each others roles.

Now for multiple teams, split them into groups of 4.
You can either go 1-2-3-4_5-6-7-8_9-10-11-12, or use the method I prefer
1-2-3-4_1A-2A-3A-4A_1B_2B_3B_4B
This is easy and saves confusion, but what if you have 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D online in the same unit? Well simple numerical order is out, alphabetical order is in. 4A is the lowest so he's point man, 4D is highest so he's breach man.

Always keep it simple, easy to understand, easy to communicate, this way nobody gets confused, and nobody screws up.

Hope this helps y'all!

Messages In This Thread
Hostage rescue 101. - by Eisenhorn - 09-14-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Hostage rescue 101. - by Eisenhorn - 09-17-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: Hostage rescue 101. - by DoomDude1 - 09-17-2013, 01:25 AM
RE: Hostage rescue 101. - by Eisenhorn - 09-17-2013, 02:20 AM