Unban Request: BlackDog
(09-01-2013, 10:30 PM)Grub Wrote: Starting a new post since there is too much bold text now.

None of these chats show your situation. I'll even use a picture to show one of the exact points. Since clearly you didn't tell the selected staff the whole situation.

Staff online at the time of my round of questions, not a pre-designated list of people who I ask to guarantee good results

The question was entirely the situation i was in, a 1v1 situation where both parties were armed since the start, with more people showing up overtime, leading to a mexican standoff type affair where neither side could logicly make a move without the other noticeing, and according to killjoy, would need to be talked down to pass by peacefully, which is what I was attempting

You were exactly like that using your "PDA". So next time you contact the staff, please include the full situation because clearly you missed half of it on purpose for your own personal gain.

I cite the above bold

After multiple times the SRU and the cop were yelling for roughly a couple of minutes, the server was under attack. This of course does not excuse your action of ignoring the weapons during that time when you were contacting the President via PDA.

Who said i was ignoreing them? I was fully aware they had their weapons, but I also know full well what they are capable of, and police procedure, in an IC standpoint i know full well they wont shoot me unless i begin to act hostile towards them, so long as i stayed calm the situation would not baloon out of control

Actually Blackdog, I'd like to point out another fact here.
-You changed the situation to every admin you contacted this about.

It is the same question with a few additions each time to make it a more clear question, adding more to each question i ask as i ask down the list of staff online at the time is not changing the situation its adding more to make sure each successive question contains more information for the person to take into account, i did not list the chat logs in order of apperance

-In fact, you didn't even list all the admins opinions either. You left every one that didn't agree with you.

You mind explaining yourself?

You mean adman?

Spoiler :
12:38 AM - BlackDog: Hey adman, mind if i ask a question to clarify somthing on fl?
12:38 AM - [FL] Adman: Sure, go ahead.
12:39 AM - BlackDog: if two people are armed and faceing eachother, fearRP dosnt apply in terms of ordering the person around as both are armed, but if one side starts to get more people, it becomes a mexican standoff type affair, is it still fearRP even though both sides are armed and were armed since the start of the situation?
12:41 AM - [FL] Adman: I suppose it is always better to air on the side of caution and also depending on simply how much you outnumber the other side. If you're in a scenario of 3 v 1, it seems pretty clear that the 1 would be outmatched and should really stand down. But if it is say 6 v 5 or some other scenario where one side only outnumbers the other by a very small amount, then I don't think you can really apply FearRP. I think I remember Killjoy stating it somewhere as someone asked a similar question, I'll try and find it.
12:41 AM - BlackDog: Alright, im asking around and the overall opinino seems to lean towards "If both sides are armed, and were armed since the begining of the incident, fearRP does not apply as both would not be afraid of the other"
12:43 AM - [FL] Adman: That makes sense, but I'd always say that if you were ridiculously outnumbered you would probably begin to feel the strain. i.e 3v1, 6v1
12:46 AM - BlackDog: Alright, thanks, mostl checking around since grub issued a 3 day on me for fearRP when there were 1 police and 2 SRU, in a non combative situation, tryingto get clarification on whether it reallyt was fearRP, so far its leaning towards not, since my character was armed himself with an assault rifle, body armored, but was tryingto talk the situation down, since in a mexican standoff if one person trys somthing somones goingto die on both sides
12:47 AM - [FL] Adman: Ah ok, I'm still trying to find something Killjoy said because I could have sworn I remember reading it
12:47 AM - BlackDog: Alright, i think im going to ask him clarification on this to

and Aviator:

Spoiler :
12:52 AM - BlackDog: Hey aviator, you available for a question to clarify somthing on FL?
12:53 AM - [FL] Aviator: Yeah.
12:53 AM - BlackDog: if two people are armed and faceing eachother, fearRP dosnt apply in terms of ordering the person around as both are armed, but if one side starts to get more people, it becomes a mexican standoff type affair, is it still fearRP even though both sides are armed and were armed since the start of the situation?
12:56 AM - [FL] Aviator: What I think about this is, if it is 1vs1 and in the circumstance you said, No FearRP applies. If you begin to get outnumbered I think that FearRP should be abided. Lets say it is 5 vs 1, the person should put down their weapon and abide FearRP. If it is lets say, 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 2, I think FearRP shouldn't apply. It is a bit of a hard situation to judge and it can get complicated.
12:57 AM - [FL] Aviator: Also I would say if you are fully surrounded and you are in the middle, you should abide FearRP.
1:00 AM - BlackDog: What if the situation isnt hostile,involves the police and you yourself are trying to talk the situation down, by either contacting the president or the mans superior. Im mostly checking since grub issued a ban on me for this kind of situation today after i saved a cop who then tried to arrest me, whole time i have a weapon out to keep them at bay while i try to get the whole thing sorted
1:03 AM - [FL] Aviator: So a non-hostile situation, I wouldn't say FearRP should apply. If you had you weapon out from the beginning and were joined by other government forces after. If you tried to passively sort it out by introducing the President or high-command.
1:04 AM - [FL] Aviator: Obviously I wasn't there at the time, so I can't give an accurate say in this, but if you were to run from all of them or begin shooting them all you would be breaking FearRP.
1:04 AM - BlackDog: Alright, just checken around on peoples thoughts

Who both agree its not a fearRP situation and more of a grey area situation.

Their chat logs were about as long as KJs so i left them out, since i figured i had made my point with people from all areas of FL staff agreeing this was not a fearRP situation

Is there anything else you wish to add or accuse me of, because i cant see the private admin posts in this topic and am finding it a little unfair that i cannot contest what may be being said and defend myself from them.

Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Unban Request: BlackDog - by BlackDog - 08-31-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Rolorox - 08-31-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by BlackDog - 09-01-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Rolorox - 09-01-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Grub - 09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by BlackDog - 09-01-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Grub - 09-01-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by BlackDog - 09-01-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Faustie - 09-02-2013, 01:34 AM