Unban Request: BlackDog
(09-01-2013, 05:55 PM)Grub Wrote: Upon him cuffing dubwub i quickly unsling my weapon, and kept it at my side and tell him that i'm going to contact his superior about this and get this all sorted, as he is attempting to arrest two people who had just saved his life.

"First FearRP break right here. After Rolo handcuffed Dubwub, he approached you and I even heard the noise of the cuffs as he attempted to handcuff you".

I dont think cuffs make a sound, nor did i see any chat text informing me he was cuffing me, Please elaborate how though if he is focused on cuffing another that it is fearRP

"You quickly turn around and put a gun in his face. Before, I get into it, Rolo had two reasons to arrest you. Illegal firearms and the fact you just murdered someone. I don't know what laws you have up in Canada, but down here if you save someone's life from killing another you can still get prison time."

This whole thing is not about whether or not he had any reason to arrest us, though murder is not one of them

Now Blackdog, I was watching the situation from the start since a certain player called me over since they said you were back seat administrating by killing the guy that was trying to kill the cop. So, I'm watching for awhile as more SRU arrive to the scene. Now lets keep in mind, you are the only one armed at this point. [Dubwub is running around in circles (Which I do believe is FailRP).

False as dubwub was not the person running around in circles, it was a civi who had been accidentaly handcuffed trying to get people to listen to him to uncuff him

At this time I announced for everyone to continue forward since it was becoming an eyesore since you guys couldn't continue forward without announcing some stupid excuse.

If the situation was a problem in your eyes, why did you not step in and attempt to correct it? Mind you the situation was fully allowed, i still wonder why you did not step in

Wrist mounted PDAs are not hard to type into, which this was my RP attempt to contact the president

One this isn't in your description which isn't a big deal, but it is a huge matter when you blatantly broke FearRP. You have your gun pointed at the ground, yet you continue to talk into your PDA even as Three Armed Men are screaming for you to put the weapon down. You are outnumbered and outgunned. Any false moves and you're going to drop dead, you fear for your life. You aren't going to take the chance of running and gunning to escape. You're dead either way you go.

This appears to be a choice that is fully allowed in this kind of situation, as both parties are armed, regardless of how much one side outnumbers the other, it is no longer a fearRP Unarmed V Armed situation, it is now fully up to the players involved to risk the conciquences of their actions

according to multiple staff, fearRP does not apply in this situation as both groups are armed You didn't explain the full situation now did you? You had your weapon pointed down at the ground. As soon as you pulled up the weapon to shoot one, you'd be killed on the spot.

you did not have 100% full control over the situation as I was armed as well, better armed then the responding officers, with an escape vehicle not far away, and a plan to in the event you fired on me, to do as much damage as I could to reach said escape vehicle

I don't think you understand the situation you put yourself into. You wouldn't be able to escape, you wouldn't be able to pull the gun up in time, you wouldn't be able to make it a foot without hitting the payment in a blood pool.

It wouldnt have been hard to make a successfull attempt, as only 3 targets were there, they wouldnt fire on me first as I was uncombative, but if i so decided I could have quickly droped 1 of the SRU in an instant, and due to him being so close to the other, moved on to him with very little threat from the under equiped police officer responding, and quickly make my escape with very little threat to my personal being due to my entire body being covered head to toe in bodyarmor

This is exactly what i kept telling you, but you kept screaming at me

Yet you didn't listen to him now did you thus proving you broke fearRP in your words.

I cite the above where the situation is no longer a fearRP situation

According to grub,all he said was to continue the situation, and that people should stop screaming, if there was a true issue with how it was going down, he would have pulled everyone aside and discussed it, and had it sorted out

I also added the fact why you were being arrested but that was ignored as well. Since you all were debating why you were being arrested when its all quite clear.

-MurderNot murder but a case self defence, as the man in question fired on us as well
-Illegal weapons. You have an automatic weapon designed as a light machine gun. You expect an officer to ignore that?
You would be surprised how often one does after you save their life, or meerly slap you with a warning, or a fine, not an imediate non RP cuffing and future arrest warrant

Your correct, it is a grey area, though from my conversations with staff, it appears my actions were fully allowed, you gave me a choice to obey you, i declined, and instead tried to talk the situation down, of which you declined, sadly the situation never got a conclusion due to the server attack

How about you actually tell them the full situation since you cut a few things to make yourself look better in the scenario.

The question i asked them was the situation in question:

if two people are armed and faceing eachother, fearRP dosnt normaly apply in terms of ordering the person around as both are armed, but if one side starts to get more people, it becomes a mexican standoff type affair, is it still fearRP even though both sides are armed and were armed since the start of the situation?

The chats i had with staff regarding this type of situation

Killjoy:

12:49 AM - BlackDog: Hey killjoy you available right now for a quick question?
12:55 AM - [FL] Killjoy: sure, shoot
12:55 AM - BlackDog: if two people are armed and faceing eachother, fearRP dosnt normaly apply in terms of ordering the person around as both are armed, but if one side starts to get more people, it becomes a mexican standoff type affair, is it still fearRP even though both sides are armed and were armed since the start of the situation?
12:58 AM - [FL] Killjoy: i wouldnt pull fearrp in that situation
12:59 AM - [FL] Killjoy: if anyone were to put his gun away knowingly (not by accident when toggling through slots or menues) then it'll be unarmed vs armed, thus fear for ones life should be pretty actual
12:59 AM - BlackDog: Alright, asking around on everyones opinions on these kinds of situations
1:00 AM - BlackDog: trying to get some clarification before i attempt to post an unban, seems most are leaning towards "If both sides are armed, and were armed since the begining of the incident, fearRP does not apply as both would not be afraid of the other"
1:00 AM - [FL] Killjoy: and what did you get so far?
1:01 AM - [FL] Killjoy: thing is, if you both are armed, you both in real life are afraid of eachother - if you werent afraid of the other party, youd put yours away and light a cigarette or something
1:01 AM - [FL] Killjoy: so obviously both parties will be cautios and edgy as hell
1:01 AM - BlackDog: true, though that was more a quote from spart about the not being afraid of eachother
1:01 AM - [FL] Killjoy: but usually players distrust eachother enough to RP it out instinctively
1:01 AM - BlackDog: It seems to be boiling down to if both parties have a weapon, they cant order eachother around
1:02 AM - [FL] Killjoy: well yeah, thats how i see it too

Faustie:

7:24 PM - King Theoden is now Online.
7:28 PM - BlackDog: When your able just a question, if two people are armed and faceing eachother, fearRP dosnt apply in terms of ordering the person around as both are armed, but if one side starts to get more people, it becomes a mexican standoff type affair, is it still fearRP even though both sides are armed and were armed since the start of the situation?
(Snipped chat about a mouse)
7:37 PM - BlackDog: but able to give me your opinon on the above, trying to chcek with people on their opinions, so far it seems to be leaning towards "If both groups are armed, and were armed since the begining of the incident, fearRP does not apply as both would not be afraid of the other"
7:38 PM - King Theoden: i wouldn't say its fearRP
7:38 PM - King Theoden: seeing as
7:38 PM - King Theoden: they're both armed

Spartanjunior:

7:22 PM - BlackDog: hey spart, a question, if two people are armed and faceing eachother, fearRP dosnt apply in terms of ordering the perso naround as both are armed, but if one side starts to get more people, it becomes a mexican standoff type affair, is it still fearRP even though both sides are armed?
7:25 PM - [FL] Spartanjunior: They are both armed since the start so I don't think the other side would be afraid of the situation.

Enzyme:

7:27 PM - BlackDog: Hey enzyme, a question, if two people are armed and faceing eachother, fearRP dosnt apply in terms of ordering the person around as both are armed, but if one side starts to get more people, it becomes a mexican standoff type affair, is it still fearRP even though both sides are armed and were armed since the start of the situation?
7:28 PM - [FL:M] Enzyme is now playing Garry's Mod. Click here to join.
7:31 PM - [FL:M] Enzyme: Well, as I see it. They kinda cancel eachother out. I'd say if both sides are of equal number and armament, then I wouln't really say any side is at an advantage, and therefore not FearRP. But then again... Im only a mod and its 4:30 am, so im kinda.. tired
7:31 PM - BlackDog: lol alright, just checken, im checking with multiple staff, so far the opinion seems to be leaning towards "If both groups are armed, and were armed since the begining of the incident, fearRP does not apply as both would not be afraid of the other"
7:32 PM - [FL:M] Enzyme: Indeed, is this a situation you've encountered yourself?
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Unban Request: BlackDog - by BlackDog - 08-31-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Rolorox - 08-31-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by BlackDog - 09-01-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Rolorox - 09-01-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Grub - 09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by BlackDog - 09-01-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Grub - 09-01-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by BlackDog - 09-01-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: Unban Request: BlackDog - by Faustie - 09-02-2013, 01:34 AM