What happened to the Fearless we knew?
I know what you're talking about when you say change. I've been here since around 2011, and since then a lot of things have happened. Everything has changed really. I think what you're referring to when you talk about negative change, is the player base. Back in 2011 we had an elite group of 50 (Or so) players that were incredibly intelligent, mature, older, and knew how to RP. As the community expanded into more servers (v33,v2d) and as we moved into Gmod 13 especially; The dynamic changed. The server itself and the admin team have improved an incredible amount. The admin team now is around the same level it was in 2011, we have a lot more admins, but it's only because we've expanded a lot more. The server is just incredibly different, the mechanics are better, everything has improved. And I thank and respect the developers for this. But in terms of the player base, we're simply not the same. We've lost I'd say... 90% of the veterans, and in turn a bunch of new people have come in. The ages are lower, the maturity is less, and simply they don't conform like they used to. If you're the 49th player in a group of 50 mature players, you're going to mature or get destroyed. Now, the average player is comparable to a rock. Here's a good analogy: Before, the players used to be butterflies (mature, respectful, smart, RP all the time), and if you were a caterpillar, you would either turn into a butterfly, or leave. Fast-forward to now, the average player is a moth (that's generous), and if you come in as a caterpillar you will just turn into a moth, not a butterfly. So if this has made any sense to you, you will understand what I mean. Everything has improved besides our player-base. It's expanded, but not improved in terms of maturity, willingness to RP, intelligence, respectfulness. Which is what causes threads to be made like this, confused people upset, but not sure what to be upset about. The answer is the player-base, most agree that the average player isn't as good as it used to be. But, there is a positive side to this, it's not hard to change the community. The answer is simple, become a butterfly yourself, and push others into not being a moth, but being a butterfly....

With Love,

Vauld
The following 13 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Weecow, D0ctor, aviator, Tyki Mikk, Fillehh, Moisty, Haarek, Rylund, DarkN00b, Jimmy, Infernaw, yarrrs, Kulthro

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened to the Fearless we knew? - by Vauld - 08-17-2013, 07:45 PM