Need some help with GTA IV (PC)
This probably belongs in help and support, but I will still help you out here until an admin moves it there.

GTA IV Is a horrible port for the PC. Probably one of the worst ever. Getting FPS issues is no specific problem to you, even I have had the problem.

To fix this, go into your GTA IV folder (The Directory), and place a .txt file named "Commandline" (No ""). inside Commandline.txt, paste EXACTLY what I have here.

Spoiler :
-norestrictions -nomemrestrict -refreshrate 60 -availablevidmem 12.0 -percentagevidmem 100 -novblank -framelimit? 0 -noprecache

I get roughly 70 FPS on my extremely high-end PC on high settings. This commandline was taken straight from my own, so you should experience 0 problems. If you do experience problems, however, just send me a PM and I can try helping you out further.

Happy gunfights.

EDIT: I just noticed you wish to mod vehicles in your game. DO NOT DO THIS.
Modding vehicles is something I use to do as well. I ended up reinstalling my game from scratch. The modded textures will interfere with some defaults, thus making texture popups ridiculous.
Here is a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6c9GpQGtxs

You will notice his "fix" is to get more ram. This is bogus. I have 16gb of ddr3, and I make sure to have a minimal amount of programs open when I game, yet I still had the youtubers problem. His popups were treated slightly, but were still very noticable, and for me unplayable.

DO NOT MOD VEHICLES.
The following 2 users Like yarrrs's post:
  • GRiiM, dig

Messages In This Thread
Need some help with GTA IV (PC) - by Boosted - 07-18-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: Need some help with GTA IV (PC) - by yarrrs - 07-18-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Need some help with GTA IV (PC) - by Boosted - 07-19-2013, 12:51 PM