Need some help with GTA IV (PC)
Not sure if this is in the correct section, if it's not please move it to the correct section.

Anyways, I'm making this thread because I've recently purchased both GTA IV and GTA SA from Steam due the amazing Summer sale that's going on. I checked CanYouRunIT for both games and it said I was capable of playing them both very comfortably which I was happy with. So I proceed to download GTA IV and get on to find I'm playing on about 9FPS which is incredibly hard to play on. On GTA SA I can get around 60-90FPS which I'm extremely pleased with.

Now the problem is the fact that I technically should be able to play GTA IV on atleast Medium with around 30FPS, but I have to have it in 800x600 Res and lowest graphic settings to get 30FPS+. I really wanted to get into modding some cars and drifting around like a baws but now I can't because CanYouRunIT lied to me.

Btw these are my specs:

RAM: 8GB
Space: 1TB
Graphics: HD Radeon 6450 2GB DDR3
Processor: AMD FX6100 Bulldozer Six-Core 3.3GHz

Surely these specs should be good enough to play GTA IV on atleast low with 720p resolution, but apparently not. I know that the graphics card I have is terribly outdated and that's why I'm getting a Nvidia soon, but can anyone point me in some direction towards improvement?

Messages In This Thread
Need some help with GTA IV (PC) - by Boosted - 07-18-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: Need some help with GTA IV (PC) - by yarrrs - 07-18-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Need some help with GTA IV (PC) - by Boosted - 07-19-2013, 12:51 PM