My thoughts on the administration
Well, here's my input.

1. About @ messages and why they're less likely to be immediatelly responded to if they are "admunz 2 me nao". One of my first days as a moderator I was on v33x. I got called via @ by a person, the message was roughly "ADMIN quickly! TP now" - I teleported immediately, thinking it's a crisis situation, turned out he was wondering if door was allowed in his base. While I was explaining what he should do, @ chat gets spammed about a propkiller, smashing cars and people around. I TP back, finding a bunch of corpses downtown. After dealing with the minge I learned that he started his rampage right next to where I stood, before I answered the first call - in conclusion, if I had been there, he wouldn't have killed some 8-10 people.

2. Administrators/moderators often have to deal with multiple cases at the same time. I've had situations where I'm actually dealing with 3 cases simultaneously, which is a mess. Also, when I'm building or dealing with something, I don't really pay attention to global OOC to such an extent to catch a message/complaint as soon as it's posted. There's a reason players are supposed to use @ for help, it's more visible. PMs are not the proper way to get assistance, or to boost your way up the "priority ladder" (example: Propkilling or someone stuck in a wall, one is more important than the other).

3. As it has been said, keeping a calm, cool manner in @ and OOC (it should be in the entire game, actually) helps you. I find it quite annoying to see a new player with <5 hours make a mistake (accidental metagaming, ask a simple question etc.) to which the majority of players respond "In metaland, MEEETAAAAAAA, Metatastic!" etc. over OOC.

Messages In This Thread
My thoughts on the administration - by Joykill - 02-10-2013, 09:50 AM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by Verzyn - 02-10-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by Narc - 02-10-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by Narc - 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by Narc - 02-11-2013, 12:22 PM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by Narc - 02-11-2013, 12:54 PM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by Narc - 02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by DoomDude1 - 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by Narc - 02-11-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by edgie - 02-12-2013, 01:24 AM
RE: My thoughts on the administration - by Adman - 02-12-2013, 04:40 PM